WiLDHEARTS XMAS UK SHOWS

Tour dates, reviews, meetups, live photos...

Postby Col » 26th Nov 09, 20:18

what a line up - i'm well chuffed.
Col

Postby Andy Santiago » 26th Nov 09, 21:29

What do you reckon are the chances of a Chef in an already under-staffed kitchen getting the saturday before Xmas off to go to the Leeds gig are? :cry: :cry:

As for the supports, what happened to the traditional 'Get a band from back in the day to re-form for the tour'? Jesus Jones would have been nice, improbable but nice! :D

Those that are going, have a mint time and if you see a lad with dreads looking happier than a dog with 2 dicks, then I guess I got the night off!
"So I fucked your sister,
Tried it on with your mother,
Kicked the shit out of your brother
But darling, I always loved you."

Love Song #666
Andy Santiago

Postby Nik » 28th Nov 09, 13:37

First buses in Leeds have voted to go on strike - 19th December is one of those chosen strike days. That fucks my plans up good and proper. Bastards!!! :evil:
Nik

Postby benwalton » 29th Nov 09, 21:39

Thinking of giving myself a special Christmas treat and travelling up from Leicester to the Wolves gig. Anyone else staying at the Travelodge, or been there before? what's it like?
and just last week as i was clearing shit from off my shelf...
benwalton

Postby wildsam6o » 29th Nov 09, 21:58

benwalton wrote:Thinking of giving myself a special Christmas treat and travelling up from Leicester to the Wolves gig. Anyone else staying at the Travelodge, or been there before? what's it like?

its pretty much brand new, heard good stuff about it, its a classy place in a real rough part of town haha
wildsam6o

Postby benwalton » 29th Nov 09, 22:00

Excellent...what's the walk like from venue to travelodge? Distance? Likely to get totally shanked up? :P
benwalton

Postby wildsam6o » 29th Nov 09, 22:46

benwalton wrote:Excellent...what's the walk like from venue to travelodge? Distance? Likely to get totally shanked up? :P

not far at all, just have to walk down the back of the venue and then down some stairs and accross two roads.

5 min walk if your sober, considerably more if youve had a few haha
wildsam6o

Postby benwalton » 29th Nov 09, 22:49

Awesome, thanks a lot mate. hopefully see you in december!! WAHEYYYYYYYY.
benwalton

Postby Dark Lord of Barnet » 30th Nov 09, 00:49

Ean wrote:Support for the dates will indeed come from Antiproduct.

And The Loyalties.
Brilliant bill - I'm looking forward to it even more now! :D
"and don't forget the joker!"

Dark Lord of Barnet
Dark Lord of Barnet

Postby Tiggie » 30th Nov 09, 02:59

I know I've not been here in a while but LOG IN DAMN YOU TICKET WEB!
I never trust men who look better in eyeliner than me
Tiggie

Postby markE » 30th Nov 09, 11:32

Andy Santiago wrote:What do you reckon are the chances of a Chef in an already under-staffed kitchen getting the saturday before Xmas off to go to the Leeds gig are? :cry: :cry:

As for the supports, what happened to the traditional 'Get a band from back in the day to re-form for the tour'? Jesus Jones would have been nice, improbable but nice! :D

Those that are going, have a mint time and if you see a lad with dreads looking happier than a dog with 2 dicks, then I guess I got the night off!

they have already done it - I saw them supporting the wonderstuff for their eight legged groove machine show last year . they were pretty darn good actually.
why do i have to ignore you to get your attention?
markE

Postby Mattie » 30th Nov 09, 14:23

As mentioned on the Chutzpah Jnr thread I've also booked a ticket for Wolves and am thinking of staying at the Travelodge, checked the other day though and they only seemed to have double rooms. Hopefully keep checking and find a single (it's cost £25 overall for the ticket as it is, so the cheaper the room, the better)

I need to do some investigation into getting to Wolves (could drive, but if there's trains I'd prefer that.. but being close to christmas...?)

I've not travelled to a gig outside of the comfort of my Derby/Nottingham gig-zone before this. Not alone anyway.

I envisage this being an excellent, but expensive, gig!
Then again it can't be any more expensive than the tour with all the lovely merchandise...
ImageImage
Mattie

Postby Ean » 30th Nov 09, 14:37

Mattie wrote:As mentioned on the Chutzpah Jnr thread I've also booked a ticket for Wolves and am thinking of staying at the Travelodge, checked the other day though and they only seemed to have double rooms. Hopefully keep checking and find a single (it's cost £25 overall for the ticket as it is, so the cheaper the room, the better)

They only have double rooms and family rooms:

http://www.travelodge.co.uk/search_and_ ... tel_id=375

And they charge per room, not per person so you'd likely pay the same price for a single room anyway.

There's a Novotel which is essentially right next to the station, but you won't get it for anything like 29 quid a night.
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."
Ean

Postby Mattie » 30th Nov 09, 15:30

Thanks Ean
As you can tell I don't tend to do much travelling!
Will try and book that tonight
ImageImage
Mattie

Postby SteveP » 30th Nov 09, 16:37

Mattie,
If you're going to go by train, get yourself to your nearest railway station and ask them to find you the cheapest tickets.
If you book into the travelodge, you won't be able to check in until 3pm at the earliest (unless you specify early check in, and then I think you pay more) so you'll not be travelling at a peak time, which will make your ticket cheaper, also, the check out time is midday at the latest so again, you won't travel at peak time.

Just looked on East Coast Trains (was national Express), I know it's not for the area you're travelling in, but they will sell you tickets for any theoretical rail journey in the UK, you can get a return ticket Derby to Wolverhampton for £15.20 (that's if you want to avoid having to go down to your local station)
Be quick about it though, as the price tends to start going up as the days go on, link here:
http://tickets.eastcoast.co.uk/Core/Templates/MixingDeck.aspx?NRMODE=Published&NRNODEGUID=%7bDBF3D610-D687-4F91-BAE0-624E83461B8F%7d&NRORIGINALURL=%2fec%2fen%2fJourneyPlanning%2fMixingDeck&NRCACHEHINT=NoModifyGuest

Hope you get it as cheap as you can, and...... see you there!!
23 Pictures In A Tent....

'The bus is gannin fuckin neewhere'
SteveP

PreviousNext

Return to Wildhearts Live