Page 1 of 7

Bristol

PostPosted: 6th Dec 11, 09:47
by blackdeathcrew
With all the talk from Ginger about him maybe not touring for some time again after this run, I'm thinking of going to Bristol too. Not been to the Fleece before, so can anyone recommend anywhere nearby to park?

Re: Bristol

PostPosted: 6th Dec 11, 10:19
by James S
Plenty of on street parking all around the Fleece. I've never had any problem finding space.

Re: Bristol

PostPosted: 11th Dec 11, 20:57
by lost johnny
Yep, plenty of off road parking as already mentioned. I'll be in a yellow Bad Brains tee if you're billy-no-mates and fancy a chat.

Re: Bristol

PostPosted: 12th Dec 11, 09:39
by blackdeathcrew
Cheers Johnny, I'll prob be in my red Exit_Int shirt, so may see you there :D

Re: Bristol

PostPosted: 14th Dec 11, 01:03
by Damian
95% of this gig was fantastic. Let's not dwell on the other 5%.

Bristol

PostPosted: 14th Dec 11, 01:43
by blackdeathcrew
Real shame , as it had been awesome up to that point

Re: Bristol

PostPosted: 14th Dec 11, 01:48
by Assmask
Stop being cryptic. What happened?

Re: Bristol

PostPosted: 14th Dec 11, 01:59
by Damian
Nothing worth dwelling on. Guy surfed onto stage during last song, took out some of the equipment, gig ended.

Re: Bristol

PostPosted: 14th Dec 11, 02:11
by joelwreford
Or you could say that Ginger moaned all night about how shit the crowds have been, told everyone who didn't clap that they were a waste of space, despite the self indulgent set list, and then went all Axl Rose just because a mic got knocked over. Its a rock show, and a rock icon of mine just became a petulant dick.

Re: Bristol

PostPosted: 14th Dec 11, 02:30
by Aces
This was my first Ginger gig. I didn't know any of their songs as I went with a mate who is a huge fan. However, I really enjoyed the gig and thought the band had great energy.

Personally, I was not surprised that they left the stage after the dickhead decided he wanted to take the mic. Perhaps the person who posted above didn't see the roadie with the cut head caused by the fan?

Bands shouldn't have to put up with idiots and in fact myself and my mate decided to move back just before they came back on stage as we were getting knocked about right down the front.

It only takes a few assholes to spoil it for the majority! Good gig all the same...

Re: Bristol

PostPosted: 14th Dec 11, 03:07
by joelwreford
No I didn't see any Roadie get hurt, not cool, but Ginger did seem to have his strop on all night which I've never seen before. I just know a lot of long term fans like me, suddenly saw a Axl type figure and that was very shit.

Re: Bristol

PostPosted: 14th Dec 11, 10:58
by Damian
I know that as a fan, people will sometimes defend anything and everything so in the interest of balance: yes, he shouldn't have been castigating the crowd, no, it wasn't a self-indulgent setlist (personally I thought it was fan service par excellence and most people seem to have taken the view that it was nice to see it varied so much from previous tours), and as for the end bit - well, if someone's knocked out your gear and left your roadie with a bloodied face, you aren't going to be happy are you? And perhaps your initial reaction wouldn't be the same as the considered reaction over time. It was the last song anyway, we got the rest of the set, so people that are asking for a refund are overdoing it somewhat.

Re: Bristol

PostPosted: 14th Dec 11, 11:13
by James S
Duncan the roadie ended up in A&E with concussion from what I heard. A real shame such a great gig had a sour note of an ending.

Re: Bristol

PostPosted: 14th Dec 11, 12:03
by blackdeathcrew
Well I still maintain it was a brilliant gig, whatever happened during the last couple of minutes. Great support acts (Love Exit_Int.) and the setlist was awesome - great to hear some classics and rarities thrown in. Wish I was able to make another date before the end of the tour.

Re: Bristol

PostPosted: 14th Dec 11, 12:14
by iddsy
hope dunc is feeling ok today.always gonna get arseholes at gigs,who ruin it for everyone else.i think a lot of people who are going to these shows are not as hardcore as we are on here,so the setlist(which is fucking great by the way) is not getting the reaction as ginger had hoped.at norwich the other night, ginger pointed this out after playing vernix (which must be a cunt of a song to play live) and the reaction was piss poor.anyway we all know its the birthday show on saturday,and will be the loudest and maddest night of the tour yet!!! :D