GnR at Reading/ Leeds

General music banter. Gigs, reviews, new bands...

GnR at Reading/ Leeds

Postby SteveP » 31st Aug 10, 23:33

I see Axl has been quoted from twitter complaining about the organisers at Reading, saying 'In regard to Reading we feel at least the fans deserve an apology from those responsible for the nonsense'

This after 'fans' were made to wait an hour after their scheduled stage time and the band were 'only' allowed to play an extra 30 minutes.
To blame the organisers for it all when they have history at taking the stage seriously late is a bit rich, how's about you take a bit more responsibilty mr Rose and get you and your bandmates arses in gear and on stage at your allotted time, instead of blaming others when you can't be arsed to do your job. Then you might get your full set in AND the encore your ego so clearly craves (or is it that your hired guns (wahey!!!) can't actually play all of the back catalogue??????
23 Pictures In A Tent....

'The bus is gannin fuckin neewhere'
SteveP

Re: GnR at Reading/ Leeds

Postby Dark Lord of Barnet » 1st Sep 10, 21:12

That Twatter thing sounds like standard Axl behaviour - blaming everyone apart from himself.

The festival organisers made it quite clear beforehand that they would enforce a STRICT curfew. The local council insisted on this, and if they broke the curfew then they wouldn't get a licence for new year's festival.

The only person the fans deserve an apology from is Axl. Again.

Apparently at Leeds he was only half an hour late - which is prompt by his standards.
"and don't forget the joker!"

Dark Lord of Barnet
Dark Lord of Barnet

GnR at Reading/ Leeds

Postby Sarc » 1st Sep 10, 21:23

When they last played in 2002 he was at least an hour late but I'll stand up and say anytime that they played a blinder and I'm in no way a g 'n' r fan and this cause trouble but I'll always rate Tommy Stinson as a bassist and general talent above Duff Mckagan anyday.
Not sent from my fucking iphone.

The Wicked Mod of the South.

Go here you might like it.
http://z6.invisionfree.com/Eureka_Machines/index.php
Sarc

Postby benwalton » 1st Sep 10, 22:30

Tommy Stinson > Duff anyday, definitely.

Apparently they were late because axl was sleeping and his crew are forbidden from waking him up, awwww. Also, word on the street says he fired his entire crew after Reading but had to re-hire them for Leeds because they couldn't get anyone else in at such short notice :eeek:

what a pantomime
and just last week as i was clearing shit from off my shelf...
benwalton

Postby SteveP » 1st Sep 10, 23:15

benwalton wrote:word on the street says he fired his entire crew after Reading but had to re-hire them for Leeds because they couldn't get anyone else in at such short notice :eeek:

what a pantomime

Which all adds to the impression that most 'normal' people have about him, that he's a fuckwitt (possibly Terry's brother!!)

SteveP

Postby markE » 2nd Sep 10, 10:21

SteveP wrote:
benwalton wrote:word on the street says he fired his entire crew after Reading but had to re-hire them for Leeds because they couldn't get anyone else in at such short notice :eeek:

what a pantomime

Which all adds to the impression that most 'normal' people have about him, that he's a fuckwitt (possibly Terry's brother!!)

ahh terry fuckwitt. where did that name come from?
oh and ginger thinks that you lot are the type of people that would complain that rain is wet, by the way. ( see the ask ginger thread)
why do i have to ignore you to get your attention?
markE

Postby markE » 2nd Sep 10, 10:23

Sarc wrote:When they last played in 2002 he was at least an hour late but I'll stand up and say anytime that they played a blinder and I'm in no way a g 'n' r fan and this cause trouble but I'll always rate Tommy Stinson as a bassist and general talent above Duff Mckagan anyday.

duff was great but tommy makes a really good replacement :D :oops: :coat:
why do i have to ignore you to get your attention?
markE

Postby spoon_of_grimbo » 2nd Sep 10, 12:48

Sarc wrote:I'll always rate Tommy Stinson as a bassist and general talent above Duff Mckagan anyday.

i totally agree, but i'd rather see him using that talent either in his own band with him as main songwriter, or in some manner of replacements reunion, rather than squandering it on axl rose.
IF THERE'S A SOUND YOU PLAY THAT DOESN'T FIT TODAY,
WHY NOT JUST PLAY THE BASTARD ANYWAY?!
spoon_of_grimbo

Postby Ross » 2nd Sep 10, 12:49

Ross

GnR at Reading/ Leeds

Postby Sarc » 2nd Sep 10, 13:57

spoon_of_grimbo wrote:
Sarc wrote:I'll always rate Tommy Stinson as a bassist and general talent above Duff Mckagan anyday.

i totally agree, but i'd rather see him using that talent either in his own band with him as main songwriter, or in some manner of replacements reunion, rather than squandering it on axl rose.

He has a new solo album in the can and us just waiting for a release date. If you can get hold if them try his post mats pre guns bands Bash and Pop, Perfect and his first proper solo album Village Gorilla Head

Sarc

Postby SteveP » 2nd Sep 10, 19:04

markE wrote:ahh terry fuckwitt. where did that name come from?
oh and ginger thinks that you lot are the type of people that would complain that rain is wet, by the way. ( see the ask ginger thread)

Viz my man, Viz, the single greatest adult comic available in Britain, and kindly thought up in good old Newcastle, is there any end to the city's talents??? haha

Yes, we should expect Axl to be late going on previous, but don't you think it's getting beyond a joke now?

Not everyone drives and if you live in the provinces like me (ie north east England) public transport stops around 11 (I live on the East Coast Main Line, but can't get a train home after 10pm EVERY night of the week), the last regular bus leaves Newcastle at 10 past 11 (I'm also on the main road south out of Newcastle, as it was before it was bypassed by a bypass, which was then bypassed by a motorway haha), a taxi to travel the 9 miles home from Newcastle after 11pm would cost me almost £30, so imagine if you live in a village off the beaten track and don't have your own transport.

This is all before you consider the value for money angle, There's footage of last night's Dublin gig on the rock sound site and one of the comments on there said that the ticket cost €71 (£59 according to today's exchange rate!!), and for gnr to be upwards of an hour late on stage, how late does that mean the gig would have ended, and also begs the question, was there a full support line up (as in 2 support bands, which now seems to be the norm) etc.
Most I've ever paid for a gig ticket was the almost £40 I paid for Metallica at Newcastle last year, and that's about the limit of what I'm prepared to pay for a gig.

SteveP

Postby spoon_of_grimbo » 3rd Sep 10, 01:05

Sarc wrote:
spoon_of_grimbo wrote:

He has a new solo album in the can and us just waiting for a release date. If you can get hold if them try his post mats pre guns bands Bash and Pop, Perfect and his first proper solo album Village Gorilla Head

i've got the bash and pop album and perfect ep, but i hadn't heard of village gorilla head, checking it out on youtube now...
IF THERE'S A SOUND YOU PLAY THAT DOESN'T FIT TODAY,
WHY NOT JUST PLAY THE BASTARD ANYWAY?!
spoon_of_grimbo

Postby Assmask » 3rd Sep 10, 10:51

http://utv.vo.llnwd.net/o16/FM104/2010/ ... odcast.mp3

This is enjoyable listening. The depiction of a raving Axl is both disturbing and hilarious.
8==m==D
8=m===D
8===m=D
8m====D--=__

The Big Grizzly

https://www.facebook.com/biggrizzlyband
Assmask

GnR at Reading/ Leeds

Postby Sarc » 3rd Sep 10, 11:14

spoon_of_grimbo wrote:
Sarc wrote:
spoon_of_grimbo wrote:[quote="Sarc"]I'll always rate Tommy Stinson as a bassist and general talent above Duff Mckagan anyday.

i've got the bash and pop album and perfect ep, but i hadn't heard of village gorilla head, checking it out on youtube now...[/quote]

There's a Perfect album to called Once, Twice, Three Times A Maybe

Sarc

Postby vickyp » 4th Sep 10, 11:51

spoon_of_grimbo wrote:i've got the bash and pop album and perfect ep, but i hadn't heard of village gorilla head, checking it out on youtube now...

I've got it, saw him on tour with Jesse Malin a few years back. Really liked his solo stuff but I wouldn't go to see him with G n' R.
Zorro won't build me a time machine
vickyp

Next

Return to Other Bands and Music