Baby Chaos reform?

General music banter. Gigs, reviews, new bands...

Baby Chaos reform?

Postby markE » 16th Nov 10, 11:28

apparently they are playing support at G's glasgow show. Hope they stick around for a while.
why do i have to ignore you to get your attention?
markE

Re: Baby Chaos reform?

Postby richjones » 16th Nov 10, 13:59

8-)

We are assembling a kick-ass load of tour supports....
richjones

Postby Stuart Brackpool » 16th Nov 10, 18:41

Please, please, please play Wolverhampton!
Stuart Brackpool

Baby Chaos reform?

Postby Owen » 19th Dec 11, 23:20

Any news if the reform is going to happen?

Is there any decent Baby Chaos bootlegs out there?

Ta
Owen

Postby denis » 20th Dec 11, 00:26

go to http://www.babychaos.co.uk/ & inside in the shop there's a live at king tuts available for £8.50. you can listen to samples of the tracks & they sound shit hot! i'm seriously considering buying it. actually there's some brilliant other stuff in there too like Chris Gordon solo acoustic stuff & Baby Chaos unreleased tracks & b sides. fuck me i might have to buy the lot! i loved Baby Chaos but i'll tell ya what Deckard were the ultimate.... songs so good that they used to make me cry & give me a hard-on all at the same time (what??) !!!
denis

Postby denis » 20th Dec 11, 00:32

now that i think of it Union Of Knives have an unreleased second album & i wonder will it ever see the light of day? recorded in America with someone associated with Nine Inch Nails. i don't know do the record label have the masters or what went wrong but it ain't getting released.
denis

Postby Stuart Brackpool » 20th Dec 11, 22:09

denis wrote:now that i think of it Union Of Knives have an unreleased second album & i wonder will it ever see the light of day? recorded in America with someone associated with Nine Inch Nails. i don't know do the record label have the masters or what went wrong but it ain't getting released.

I NEED this! :eeek:

I got the discs of Baby Chaos b-sides and unreleased stuff and they are well worth getting. Nic said there was talk of a DVD but don't know any more about that.

Union Of Knives are great and that unreleased album sounds very intriguing.

Anyone know the Baby Chaos setlist from their reformation show supporting Ginger last year?
Stuart Brackpool

Postby denis » 20th Dec 11, 22:23

hey Stuart, i'm definitely getting that Baby Chaos b sides disc so! did you get U.O.K's last ever release from 2009 The Anti Fire Ep? not a patch on Deckard (i.m.o) but some good stuff on it including this one :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fC4PLD6cDxk
denis

Postby Stuart Brackpool » 20th Dec 11, 22:35

Yes, got the EP and Violence And Birdsong. They're both great. REALLY want that unreleased album.

You won't regret getting the b-sides disc, don't forget about the unreleased stuff disc.

Did Deckard's discography amount to just the two albums and Holy Rolling EP?
Stuart Brackpool

Postby denis » 20th Dec 11, 23:35

yep. oh & also their 1st ever release The Deckard EP (which i don't own). it's 3 songs off the debut album & another called "follow the swallow" (which i've never heard). i'm delighted that there's a few Deckard fans on here! i honestly think that their 2 albums are 2 of my favourite albums of all time. i actually had to buy Dreams of Dynamite twice cos i played it so much i killed it to death! ;)
denis

Postby Trash1 » 21st Dec 11, 00:16

Big Baby Chaos / Deckard fan here.

Follow The Swallow was originally a late(ish) Baby Chaos song and was properly recorded (can't remember from which session), it's slightly different (lyrics) to the Deckard version.

In fact a few of the tracks from Stereodreamscene (What Reason, Conversation, Once There Was A Girl, Today Is A New Chapter) were written/demoed as Baby Chaos and then resurected a couple of years later. 'The Truth Will Do' (one of my favourites) was a Baby Chaos song too.

There are also two versions of 'Dreams Of Dynamite And Divinity', the first had a different track order and a couple of different tracks (Sheer & By The Harbour), don't think it was ever released.

Of course Ginger himself is a big fan of both Deckard albums.

Still hope one day for a BC/Deckard reformation, if only for a couple of gigs.
Trash1

Postby Trash1 » 21st Dec 11, 00:19

Actually, just checked the shop, make that 3 versions of Dreams Of D......
Trash1

Postby denis » 21st Dec 11, 00:32

3 versions? i'm intrigued, i have By The Harbour on my Holy Rolling EP but not on my album & i dont own Sheer on any release. ha... i'm not as big a fan as i thought!! thanks for all this info T1. used Baby Chaos make demos available to fans & is there many bootlegs floating about of demos, gigs & the like?
denis

Postby Trash1 » 21st Dec 11, 18:50

I'll drop you a PM.

There wasn't much in the way of bootleg gigs that I have seen, demo's yes a few.

Make sure you check the BC section of the Deckard shop http://shop.deckard.info/acatalog/Baby_Chaos.html most of the good stuff is on those two CD's.
Trash1

Return to Other Bands and Music