Joyrider (Skid Solo)

General music banter. Gigs, reviews, new bands...

Joyrider (Skid Solo)

Postby Stuart Brackpool » 15th Feb 11, 19:22

Anybody remember Joyrider? I thought they were ace and got pretty much everything they released. However, they didn't release their second album, Skid Solo, which was recorded and ready for release. Can anybody help me find a copy of it? Apparently there are some out there but I'm coming up empty. Very curious to hear it so any help or info would be appreciated.
Last edited by Stuart Brackpool on 17th Feb 11, 15:56, edited 1 time in total.
Stuart Brackpool

Re: Joyrider (Skid Solo)

Postby Ean » 15th Feb 11, 20:58

No idea where you'd get hold of it.

Last (and pretty much only thing) I heard about it was that it was sat on a shelf in some record company's office unlikely to ever see the light of day. Never heard of any copies getting out. :?
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."
Ean

Postby markE » 16th Feb 11, 11:43

i could of sworn some one on this board said they had a copy of it.
joyrider were a great band - saw them live a few times and their cd is still popular in my house
why do i have to ignore you to get your attention?
markE

Postby Trash1 » 16th Feb 11, 18:47

markE wrote:i could of sworn some one on this board said they had a copy of it.
joyrider were a great band - saw them live a few times and their cd is still popular in my house

I seem to remember this too, I've also heard that the album isn't that great, would love to hear it though, if anyone has any luck please report back :o
Trash1

Postby Stuart Brackpool » 17th Feb 11, 16:06

I vaguely recall that, too; someone on this board mentioning they had it. However, in my searches for it, I've come across mentions of other people having it so I'm fairly certain some copies got out, although probably a lot fewer than, say, Fishing For More Luckies :D

Tantalisingly, there's a listing for it on Amazon that includes a tracklist:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Skid-Solo-Joyri ... 849&sr=1-1

I've heard that it's not as good as what came before but I'd still like to make up my own mind. I'm not above contacting the band members themselves, if I can find them!
Stuart Brackpool

Postby Trash1 » 17th Feb 11, 18:49

Probably long out of date and never checked, but Phil's myspace? http://www.myspace.com/54720227

Might be worth a shot
Trash1

Postby Jules » 18th Feb 11, 22:03

Trash1 wrote:Probably long out of date and never checked, but Phil's myspace? http://www.myspace.com/54720227

Might be worth a shot

If you look down to 2nd March 2007 in friends comments someone does talk about listening to it. It might be worth someone contacting him.
Jules

Postby mikey » 25th Mar 11, 20:55

Hi I have a copy someone gave ill try and find it for u if u p.m your address ill post u a copy when ive found it
mikey

Return to Other Bands and Music