Eureka Machines album and tour news

General music banter. Gigs, reviews, new bands...

Re: Eureka Machines album and tour news

Postby markE » 23rd May 11, 12:41

finally got the cd!!!

it's a bit of a cracker , isn't it?
why do i have to ignore you to get your attention?
markE

Postby Dark Lord of Barnet » 30th May 11, 22:03

Yes! :mrgreen:
"and don't forget the joker!"

Dark Lord of Barnet
Dark Lord of Barnet

Postby vickyp » 1st Jun 11, 22:30

This weekend was the double bill Scaramanga Six & Eureka Machines hometown gigs in Leeds (Fri) and Huddersfield (Sat). I should probably say something about how ace it all was but I don't really know where to start.
There were ferrero rocher, fray bentos pies, a smoke machine, evil red lights, random raised right hands, cake, more cake, muchos beer, two rammed out venues, one very slow curry house, some werthers originals and a support band dressed all as santas. In May. Plus a lot of friendly and familiar faces.
Oh and I overheard 2 very excited girls in the loos on Friday squeeling about meeting certain band members, and wondering if they could be persuaded to sign certain body parts. Said girls clearly not realising they were stood next to Chris' mum at the time.
Fun times.
Zorro won't build me a time machine
vickyp

Postby Damian » 4th Jun 11, 11:05

For any of you that have heard about the new Kaiser Chiefs album idea (20 tracks available, choose 10 and make artwork, get a quid back for every version of your tracklisting that someone buys), Chris's version is here:

http://www.kaiserchiefs.com/chriscatalyst

Chris will be giving the quid from each copy of his take on the album to The Alzheimer's Society, which is a charity particularly dear to the Chiefs' heart.

If anyone's a particularly big fan you can get the remaining 10 tracks here and I'll similarly donate my quids:

http://www.kaiserchiefs.com/damiantichborne

...but get Chris's first.
Damian

Postby seventieslord » 19th Sep 11, 16:29

Was impressed with Chris at the two Ginger shows I saw, so I bought the Eureka Machines album and single. Liked it a lot, and promptly bought their first album too... very happy that I did. welcome to the Wildhearts-ish family, Eureka Machines.
seventieslord

Postby lob » 20th Sep 11, 12:58

Sorry if I am teaching Grandma to suck eggs here but if you are into things from the Wildhearts extended family you should go and get the Loyalties CD (unless you already have it) currently it is being sold off for only a £1 a go! I paid a tenner for mine and thought it cheap.

http://www.lamf.biz/loyalties-14-c.asp
Now available in new Grandad format
lob

Postby seventieslord » 21st Oct 11, 07:10

Thank you for the recommendation, I am glad I listened. I quite like the album, it's almost like hearing a yo-yo's follow-up album.
seventieslord

Postby Col » 21st Oct 11, 12:55

it is really.
Moses - Red Sea - Bollocks. Col - Academy doors - genius.
Col

Postby Dark Lord of Barnet » 23rd Oct 11, 19:11

seventieslord wrote:Thank you for the recommendation, I am glad I listened. I quite like the album, it's almost like hearing a yo-yo's follow-up album.
It sorf of is as the band evolved from the remnants of the Yo-Yo's and they often include 'Stockholmsick Blues' in their live sets. :mrgreen:
"and don't forget the joker!"

Dark Lord of Barnet
Dark Lord of Barnet

Previous

Return to Other Bands and Music