Eureka Machines album and tour news

General music banter. Gigs, reviews, new bands...

Re: Eureka Machines album and tour news

Postby blackdeathcrew » 30th Apr 11, 19:32

Just to add to all the above, I got my copy of the new album drop through my letterbox this morning, and all I can say is OH MY GOD! It's effin marvellous - If you haven't already done so, order a copy now :mosh:
ImageImage
blackdeathcrew

Postby dannyfletcher » 30th Apr 11, 22:47

Well, according to the Hyem website, the Newcastle gig is free entry?!!!! :eeek:

AWESOME!!
dannyfletcher

Postby vickyp » 2nd May 11, 22:54

They've just posted a new video today to celebrate the album launch, and I think it might be one of the best yet. It's by Ash TV, who are currently working with Ginger.

Can't Watch This?

The album is OUT NOW to buy as CD or download or to listen to on Spotify: Spotify Link

Also there's been a few website updates, new gigs announced and changes to the tourdates, check http://eurekamachines.com/ for details.
Zorro won't build me a time machine
vickyp

Postby IceMan » 11th May 11, 14:31

Zero Hour reminds me of some Offspring tracks, at least the opening quiet guitar and drum riff
IceMan

Postby Damian » 13th May 11, 13:05

The gig at the Borderline last night was fantastic, the best one I've seen them do. They put so much into it that one of them was sick afterwards, but I'll spare the blushes and not name the member in question. Suffice to say they're only getting better, the talented sods.
Damian

Postby lob » 13th May 11, 17:00

Quote from my EM virgins from last night "I really enjoyed last night, all three bands were great to watch. Nice mixing with them. Eureka Machines were tight and most excellent"

Sums the atmosphere up for me, 3 bands who know how to entertain and impress without affectation. My kind of night out completely.
Now available in new Grandad format
lob

Postby Jules » 13th May 11, 22:39

Finally got to see them do a proper headline slot at the Borderline (seen them loads of times supporting) and it was a great show. They are really on form. The new material is fantastic live, and fits in well with material from the last album.

One slight quibble wasn't with the band, but with the sound. For me the vocals were too low in the mix and not clear enough (too much gain?). Their harmonies are fantastic and I don't think we got them to full effect.
Jules

Postby Damian » 14th May 11, 16:21

Jules wrote:One slight quibble wasn't with the band, but with the sound. For me the vocals were too low in the mix and not clear enough (too much gain?). Their harmonies are fantastic and I don't think we got them to full effect.

Did you think so? To be honest I often have problems picking out the vocals at gigs, and so this was the first gig where I wore musician earplugs - about a fiver on Amazon and worth every penny. And with them on everything sounded great. Quite a long time was spent pre-gig on the sound balance... ah well, never mind, glad you enjoyed the show!
Damian

Postby Damian » 15th May 11, 18:26

Exhibit A, m'lud: :D

Can't Watch This?
Damian

Postby Mattie » 15th May 11, 18:53

Only just noticed there's lyrics to the new album, and explanations, on the website
http://www.eurekamachines.com/lyrics-champion.htm

Unfortunately I can't make it to any of these gigs, even the Notts one because it's a bank holiday
ImageImage
Mattie

Postby Damian » 15th May 11, 22:06

Mattie wrote:Only just noticed there's lyrics to the new album, and explanations, on the website
http://www.eurekamachines.com/lyrics-champion.htm

Unfortunately I can't make it to any of these gigs, even the Notts one because it's a bank holiday

Good spot, Sir. In the next few days the member biographies will also be heavily overhauled and updated.
Damian

Postby blackdeathcrew » 22nd May 11, 00:27

Well, must say this band get tighter every time I see them. I was at the Worcester gig tonight, and despite the fact I was incredibly late and missed all the support acts, was great. Good turnout too I thought. Well done Percy for putting it on
ImageImage
blackdeathcrew

Postby Ean » 22nd May 11, 17:10

Indeed. Excellent show. Shame I missed Givvi at the start, but the other supports weren't bad.

Nice to meet you last night blackdeathcrew. :)
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."
Ean

Postby blackdeathcrew » 23rd May 11, 08:56

Yeah, likewise Ean :D Sorry I rushed off at the end of the gig
ImageImage
blackdeathcrew

Postby Ean » 23rd May 11, 09:44

Ah, no worries. I left about two minutes after you did. :)
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."
Ean

PreviousNext

Return to Other Bands and Music