Levs & Stuff

General music banter. Gigs, reviews, new bands...

Levs & Stuff

Postby Radish » 15th Mar 11, 11:30

Anybody else going to see the Levellers do Levelling the Land supported by the Wonder Stuff in Brixton on Saturday? I will be in a nearby pub for the rugby then hopefully in in time for the Stuff, to bounce around like it was 20 years ago...
Terrified, intoxiciated,
Starry eyed and bollock naked...

There's only two complaints I have about the way you are,
That's all you say and all you do...
Radish

Re: Levs & Stuff

Postby DangerousBeans » 15th Mar 11, 11:41

Saw the two of them at Barrowlands on Friday night.

Both bands were bloody brilliant.My voice was gone before halfway through Levelling the Land and nearly shouted up a lung during The Devil went Down to Georgia.

Enjoyed Stuffies but i'm not a huge fan of them like i am with The Levs.However Size of a Cow,Welcome to the Cheap Seats,Golden Green etc are what caused my voice so much trouble during TheLevellers.Not vey often you see a support band getting an hour either.I've been to headline shows that long(yes Backyard Babies i'm talking about you)
Seems such a shame but it kept us entertained

Darren Brodie
DangerousBeans

Postby markE » 15th Mar 11, 13:44

i went to see one of the warm up gigs for this at bedford corn exchange. it was a bit of a surreal experience - the venue seemed more suited to local theatre productions and the crowd was a bit muted to start off. the band were fantastic though. no stuffies supporting them , which was probably good in a way because me and the mrs are big stuff fans and only casually like the levs.
near the start i kept getting hit by the bloke behind me's dreads. he was wearing shades and at first i didn't realise he was blind. then all of a suddden he handed his cane to his girlfriend and pushed his way to the front were he stayed for the remainder bouncing and singing. fairplay.

the wonderstuff are doing a neverloved elvis show at shepherds bush the night before g's birthday bash.
why do i have to ignore you to get your attention?
markE

Postby Radish » 16th Mar 11, 10:05

markE wrote:the wonderstuff are doing a neverloved elvis show at shepherds bush the night before g's birthday bash.

I never loved Never Loved Elvis but this would make a great weekend...
Terrified, intoxiciated,

Radish

Postby markE » 16th Mar 11, 11:34

Radish wrote:
markE wrote:the wonderstuff are doing a neverloved elvis show at shepherds bush the night before g's birthday bash.

I never loved Never Loved Elvis but this would make a great weekend...

i've got both booked so its gonna be mental :P The when i saw the groove machine show they came back out and played loads of other stuff so its definately worth it even if you are not that fussed about the album in question. i've been to loads of these single album shows now and the bands always seem to tear through them pretty quickly.
why do i have to ignore you to get your attention?
markE

Postby Radish » 16th Mar 11, 16:58

Ah. I've just realised that there's a flaw in my otherwise magnificent plan for Saturday. I don't actually know Brixton at all well, so don't know of any pubs that would be good to watch the rugby in and a brief stagger away from the Academy. :doh: Any tips from the beautiful people around here? :dur:

[Edit] Brief stagger? Don't think so. TFL are very kindly closing the Victoria Line, and Stockwell station on the Northern line, just to make it even more difficult to get to the Academy. Cheers. :fish:
Terrified, intoxiciated,

Radish

Return to Other Bands and Music