Foxy Shazam - Supporting The Darkness

General music banter. Gigs, reviews, new bands...

Postby Owen » 20th Jan 12, 21:46

PM worked now
Owen

Re: Foxy Shazam - Supporting The Darkness

Postby bucks » 21st Jan 12, 00:02

on second listen and to be honest im really not sure what to think :eh:

last chance at love sounds just like a darkness track(i do like them)

mmm going to keep going.
bucks

Postby Owen » 21st Jan 12, 00:06

I have listened twice now and I am not enjoy it at all. Will keep going though
Owen

Postby benwalton » 21st Jan 12, 14:08

On first listen, I quite like it. It's not quite up there with the self-titled - there's nothing that particularly challenges their two best songs (Count Me Out and The Only Way to My Heart), but it is enjoyable.

Justin Hawkins is all over this, especially Last Chance at Love, which sounds so much like a Hot Leg track it's untrue.
and just last week as i was clearing shit from off my shelf...
benwalton

Postby Mattie » 22nd Jan 12, 15:33

As I've said I went into this album fully expecting to hate it, initial listens of 'I Like It' didn't appeal to me (possibly because big black asses don't appeal to me, really) but the title track I got with the pre-order I liked more - put them together on the mp3 player and became addicted to them as a couplet.

I must have listened to the album 20 times now, most of them in bed with headphones on, relaxed and without distraction, and honestly I don't think there's a song I've haven't got to like - I think it's important to listen to this album without any pre-conceived ideas about what it 'should' sound like.

http://sputnikmusic.com/review/47607/Fo ... -and-Roll/
tbh that review says what I want to say about the nature of the songs themselves.

As for comments on Facebook, or that review - If it was up to some people they'd still be crazy for the sake of it, experiemntal but forgetting to write any actual songs - these are the people who called the s/t shit. Does it occur to them that the obtuse hardcore screamo sound WAS the attempt to fit in to a bullshit scene and the more recent stuff is what they want to make? Nah, of course not. I mean why would Eric Nally possibly want to showcase his voice, that voice, in big choruses or sweetky sung lullabies when he can simply scream like a madman all the time

And besides, what's more experimental than pushing yourself in different directions and trying new things out?
ImageImage
Mattie

Postby Mattie » 23rd Jan 12, 18:36

It's now passed the car test with flying colours.
I'm finding that I like the songs just as much as the last album now, just in different ways.

Favourite tracks if I have to limit it to 3:
Holy Touch, It's Too Late Baby, The Streets.
ImageImage
Mattie

Previous

Return to Other Bands and Music