Saves the Day

General music banter. Gigs, reviews, new bands...

Saves the Day

Postby markE » 28th Nov 11, 13:52

i saw Saves the Day , Friday evening in a shitty little venue in Milton Keynes. i had only started listening to them after finding out they were in the neighbourhood but they were amazing. there was only about 100 people there but the band looked like they having a blast, powering through dozens of songs. they sounded perfect. after completing their set they asked the audience what they wanted to hear and played those.
i truly think that if i had known more material this would have been one of the best gigs i have ever seen. :clap: :clap: :clap:
why do i have to ignore you to get your attention?
markE

Re: Saves the Day

Postby spoon_of_grimbo » 1st Dec 11, 02:44

i saw them in birmingham last night, was such a great set! i was gutted that i missed the wonder years' support set due to the traffic, and i didn't stick around for yellowcard (they suck...), but saves the day were amazing. they played loads off "through being cool" which i was under the impression they tended to avoid in the past, they played about half of "stay what you are" which is my favourite of their albums, and they played the whole ten minute title track from "daybreak" which was impressive! me and my mate even met the bassist and chris conley afterwards, which was pretty awesome. totally worth the four hour drive!
IF THERE'S A SOUND YOU PLAY THAT DOESN'T FIT TODAY,
WHY NOT JUST PLAY THE BASTARD ANYWAY?!
spoon_of_grimbo

Re: Saves the Day

Postby markE » 1st Dec 11, 15:35

the show i saw was seperate to the whole Yellowcard thing. When w left the building the bass player was actually holding the door open for people ( it was that kind of venue, basically a pub function room), seemed like nice bloke. me and the mrs were both particularly amused by the drummers hair - it was pretty wild any way but had a fan blowing striaght on it so was going all ove the place.
an impromptu solo version of "Hold" was a particular highpoint of the set.
why do i have to ignore you to get your attention?
markE

Return to Other Bands and Music