Selling advice

Requests for the trading, swapping and sourcing of records, tickets, merch, etc, and general enquiries about music and collectables.

Selling advice

Postby Radish » 17th Jan 11, 14:53

Right, I'm of a mind to sell some cds and vinyl, not Wildhearts as that stuff I intend to keep hold of right to the end (unless some loon offers me £000's for al the singles or something equaly unlikely), but I'm just not sure I can face the hassle. Does anybody have any bright ideas for selling this stuff on, any music-selling forums or anything I haven't been able to find?
I've considered ebay, amazon, playtrade etc., but a combination of fees/charges and general arse puts me off a bit. I might take a trip to a record fair but imagine traders there wouldn't offer much. If it makes any difference I'm mainly offloading some Queen cd singles (that according to record collector should be worth up to £40 odd per cd), Oasis' Live Forever 12inch (I had no idea this was even vaguely rare), Nirvana - Bleach blue vinyl, and possibly a Beatles white album (numbered copy from the 60s) if it's actually worth it and not just one of the billion and a half re-issues that must have happened in the 70s.
I might have some more stuff going too if I can find out where it's stored - Dogs vinyl, no end of crap 80s/90s 12inches and so on.
Bloody hell, this really is gloomy Monday isn't it, I feel positively depressed. :(
Terrified, intoxiciated,
Starry eyed and bollock naked...

There's only two complaints I have about the way you are,
That's all you say and all you do...
Radish

Re: Selling advice

Postby blackdeathcrew » 17th Jan 11, 15:41

You might not get full market value, but is worth emailing EIL http://eil.com/wanted/wanted.asp and see what they'll offer you - I sold some bits to them a few years back, and got a reasonable price
ImageImage
blackdeathcrew

Postby Radish » 17th Jan 11, 17:24

Thanks. Knew I could rely on the lovely people hereabouts for some help. :cheers:
Terrified, intoxiciated,

Radish

Postby Stuart Brackpool » 17th Jan 11, 17:31

It may be worth putting a list of the stuff you're selling on here. It's fair to say the tastes of everyone on here will be different but they will overlap on occasion. Plus, it's nice to be nosey at times :D
Stuart Brackpool

Postby Gars » 17th Jan 11, 17:36

Don`t try and sell `em at a record fair.They`ll just offer you peanuts !
Gars

Postby Radish » 18th Jan 11, 10:27

Stuart Brackpool wrote:It may be worth putting a list of the stuff you're selling on here. It's fair to say the tastes of everyone on here will be different but they will overlap on occasion. Plus, it's nice to be nosey at times :D

Ok, this is from memory, I'll update/correct it later if I remember.

All 'excellent' condition as far as I can tell (i.e. not mint put pretty bloody good as I looks after me stuff I does).

Vinyl:
Oasis - Live Forever 12"
Nirvana - Bleach (blue vinyl 1989 Australian release)
Queen - The Show Must Go On 12" (with etched 'b'-side)
Queen - I'm Going Slightly Mad 12" (shaped picture disc)
Queen - The Invisible Man 7" (invisible/clear)
Queen - The Miracle 7" (with negative hologram sleeve)

CD singles:
Queen - The Miracle; I Want It All; Breakthru; The Invisible Man; Scandal; I'm Going Slightly Mad; Innuendo; The Show Must Go On.

I think that's it that I can remember, might add more if I can find where the majority of the vinyl is stored as I said previously (Dogs, Def Leppard, Little Angels, stuff). I won't put prices, if anybody is interested make an offer - I'd be more likely to let some of this go for a bargain (well, I say bargain, I'm still looking to make some cash here of course) to the good souls on here than give it to a trader for peanuts. As much as I like peanuts I don't think they'd work to buy what I need. Which isn't more peanuts, which is a shame as that would kind of solve the problem if it was.
Terrified, intoxiciated,

Radish

Postby fiffiff » 18th Jan 11, 14:17

Try http://www.discogs.com. I've sold some records and cds there and it works well.

And if you want to know more about the (rare) records you sell, guidelines for the pricing etc, visit http://www.popsike.com, a large archive of Ebay record auction results.
I wanna live with the golden rule
a girlfriend and a swimming pool
fiffiff

Postby Stuart Brackpool » 18th Jan 11, 17:31

Has anyone tried that musicmagpie website? If so, how did it go?
Stuart Brackpool

Return to Trading Corner