Wolves Vid on MySpace

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

Wolves Vid on MySpace

Postby andy69 » 14th Jan 07, 23:19

Andy
andy69

Postby Damian » 14th Jan 07, 23:35

HA HA! I don't know if the directors of the video are going to appreciate me pointing this out, but it ties into a funny story so I'll do it anyway.

At the Wolves gig, I noticed the crowd outside was particularly raucous. After standing there for a while, a particularly obnoxious kid with a pair of fairy wings and scant consideration for the word 'diet' turned round and said "aren't you a bit old for this?" One of us said "what is this, a Boyzone gig?" then our mistake became apparent. We were waiting at the entrance to the Civic Hall, not the Wulfrun. The Civic that night was hosting an under-16s Christmas disco. So round the corner we went, where the doors had already opened at the Wulfrun and we walked straight in.

However, the filmers of the Wildhearts show have made the same mistake, deliberately or otherwise. Given what happened to us that night (and our stupidity in not spotting), I had to laugh when I saw it.
Damian

Postby Assmask » 14th Jan 07, 23:40

RE Damian's post, yikes!

RE the vid on Myspace - that's damn good. Is that being released on DVD? Or is it download only from that <somethingsomething>TV site? What's the crack - there seemed to be a fair few cameras about?

Gimme gimme gimme - Ginger seemed a lot more fluid and relaxed than he did at the Scarborough gig. Don't tease, tell!
8==m==D
8=m===D
8===m=D
8m====D--=__

The Big Grizzly

https://www.facebook.com/biggrizzlyband
Assmask

Postby Keith Richard » 14th Jan 07, 23:51

I hear but I don't see.........how can I get the vid to run with the audio?
cause the chances are good that it wont let you down, like maybe drinking with Keith, or seeing Dolly Parton's tits...
Keith Richard

Postby Chris Davies » 15th Jan 07, 00:07

Really good picture quality , not the best sound ive ever heard. Ahh well looking forward to seeing more of that soon :)
Chris Davies

Postby Ean » 15th Jan 07, 00:42

Pictures look ok (seems to be working fine now Keith... :? ). Hope they got a better sound mix than that though *crosses fingers it's a rough edit mix*
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."
Ean

Postby geordierussell » 15th Jan 07, 11:52

Damian wrote:HA HA! I don't know if the directors of the video are going to appreciate me pointing this out, but it ties into a funny story so I'll do it anyway.

At the Wolves gig, I noticed the crowd outside was particularly raucous. After standing there for a while, a particularly obnoxious kid with a pair of fairy wings and scant consideration for the word 'diet' turned round and said "aren't you a bit old for this?" One of us said "what is this, a Boyzone gig?" then our mistake became apparent. We were waiting at the entrance to the Civic Hall, not the Wulfrun. The Civic that night was hosting an under-16s Christmas disco. So round the corner we went, where the doors had already opened at the Wulfrun and we walked straight in.

However, the filmers of the Wildhearts show have made the same mistake, deliberately or otherwise. Given what happened to us that night (and our stupidity in not spotting), I had to laugh when I saw it.

Same thing happened to me
http://www.tinyurl.com/gnr2010
geordierussell

Postby SuperJake » 15th Jan 07, 16:16

geordierussell wrote:
Damian wrote:HA HA! I don't know if the directors of the video are going to appreciate me pointing this out, but it ties into a funny story so I'll do it anyway.

Same thing happened to me

And us we just thought the crowd seemed a bit young.. .but awesome video i get in there right at the end when it says "the wildhearts" it's just me doing the devil horns lol, can't wait forthis bit confused as too were it's being shown.
SuperJake

Postby Still PHUQed » 15th Jan 07, 17:26

We did the same thing but quickly realised there were too many spotty EMOs for us to be in the right place. I hope the official DVD doesn't use that exterior shot. My girlfriend already gives me grief for dressing like I'm 12 when I go to a gig (I'm 35!!). :roll:
Still PHUQed

Postby the trooper2 » 15th Jan 07, 18:31

Awesome you can see me when it says the wildhearts at the end
the trooper2

Postby Ben Wright » 15th Jan 07, 21:09

Hmm. As a net native piece is ok. But bit of dodgy camera work (i.e. seems to be only three camera angles) and not the most enthusiatic of voice overs.

Not to take anything away from the chap who has put it together - he's probably worked very hard on it. But seems that him and him only has worked on it - apart from his A level media studies teacher.

Sorry if you are the bloke reading this, I'm nothing if not honest.
Ben Wright

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat