Mystery Wildhearts T Shirt.

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

Mystery Wildhearts T Shirt.

Postby Andy Santiago » 7th Feb 07, 12:42

Can anyone shed some light on the origins of this beauty that has come into my possesion? As far as I'm aware,it was never officially sold but it is an official product.

And the back.
"So I fucked your sister,
Tried it on with your mother,
Kicked the shit out of your brother
But darling, I always loved you."

Love Song #666
Andy Santiago

Postby Ross » 7th Feb 07, 12:51

I'm sure I remember seeing that on sale at Rock City, possibly on the tour with Amen... Certainly on one of the post-reformation tours...

Also, why do labels on band t-shirts always go that way, and no amount of ironing will get them to stick down as they were when you bought them???
Ross

Postby andy_b » 7th Feb 07, 13:17

If memory serves, this was the design that was confiscated by the police after (or maybe just before) a Brighton gig, possibly on the tour with Amen that Ross mentioned (2003-2004?).
It was also on sale in Japan on the tour before the UK one (I know this as my mate Andy sent me one over from Tokyo as he was at that gig).

So it was officially sold, just not at many dates!

Andy B
andy_b

Postby neiljunkster » 7th Feb 07, 13:21

Im sure this was for sale on the merchandise stand at Reading and Leeds festival when they played in 2004. I was gonna buy it but due to the rip off prices at festivals for beer and food i didnt have a spare 20 quid!
Cool t Shirt like!
neiljunkster

Postby lemon & ginger » 7th Feb 07, 13:29

i think it was from the tour with therapy? and the glitterati. i'm sure it was on sale at southampton uni...
lemon & ginger

Postby Andy Santiago » 7th Feb 07, 13:29

It wasn't on sale at the Leeds end of the Reading/Leeds fest,the shirt on sale was 'The World Versus The Wildhearts' and I certainly don't recall it been available at any of the 3 gigs with Amen that I went to.The mystery deepens!!
"So I fucked your sister,
Tried it on with your mother,
Kicked the shit out of your brother
But darling, I always loved you."

Love Song #666
Andy Santiago

Postby sonicshake » 7th Feb 07, 14:16

These were the t-shirts that were seized by the police cos of the swearing on the back. They only got a chance to sell a few of them at a couple of the gigs with Amen before they got stopped on the motorway in their van.

I bought one off of some insane fucker on ebay for a fiver!

Result :wink:
sonicshake

Postby vanrad » 7th Feb 07, 17:42

I've got a similar t-shirt with just the same WH logo on it. I remember buying it on the first reformation tour at the London Forum. I can remember it well as I wasn't medically allowed to drink that night (Long story) and but I enjoyed the night none the less.... the first time I heard CJ sing 'I Wanna Go....' (live anyway). & Danny was off the tour with Yoshi(?) playing the bass and Anti-Product supporting???!

I believe the said t-shirt was at the same gig but can't swear it was.
vanrad

Postby EvilElvis » 7th Feb 07, 20:50

I'm sure the TShirt that was conviscated had the slogan Louder than God, better than fucking
EvilElvis

Postby beerofthedark » 8th Feb 07, 09:59

EvilElvis wrote:I'm sure the TShirt that was conviscated had the slogan Louder than God, better than fucking

That's what i remember too, cos in a statement Ginger said it was silly to confiscate it as it was obviously tongue in cheek - God doesn't have a volume and nothing'as better than fucking. :wink: :lol:
"I have a barrel of opinions
lonely, lonely
I am everlone, everlone"
beerofthedark

Postby neiljunkster » 8th Feb 07, 13:05

Aye thats right i remember that being in Kerrang! If im not mistaken it was on thier way either to or from Middlesborough so that would have been September/ October 2002 when the Darkness supported.
neiljunkster

Postby Ben Wright » 8th Feb 07, 20:27

That is quite a funny way around.

Just as well they got it sort of right otherwise could have read;_

Better than fucking god louder
Ben Wright

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat