Dudley gig pre 2001

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

Postby Stuart Brackpool » 28th Feb 07, 12:24

Assmask wrote:Yeah huge long gig, remember one pint Ginger went to drum and Ritch came to sing something. Can't remember what, been nearly 10 years since i lost the vid.

Don't remember that Ginger drummed but Ritch sang Sugar Baby Love, by The Ronettes, I think. Believe he drummed while doing it. Singing drummers, eh? God bless Andy Sturmer!
Stuart Brackpool

Postby Ean » 28th Feb 07, 12:36

Stuart Brackpool wrote:Don't remember that Ginger drummed but Ritch sang Sugar Baby Love, by The Ronettes, I think. Believe he drummed while doing it. Singing drummers, eh? God bless Andy Sturmer!

Yep, he did (Oh, it's by the Rubettes :) ) - they did the same thing in London. Jef did a damn fine version of Badfinger's No Matter What too. We'll try not to mention that Danny fucked up White Christmas both times despite having the lyrics taped to his mic stand. :?
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."
Ean

Postby Stuart Brackpool » 28th Feb 07, 16:46

Ean wrote:
Stuart Brackpool wrote:Don't remember that Ginger drummed but Ritch sang Sugar Baby Love, by The Ronettes, I think. Believe he drummed while doing it. Singing drummers, eh? God bless Andy Sturmer!

Yep, he did (Oh, it's by the Rubettes :) ) - they did the same thing in London. Jef did a damn fine version of Badfinger's No Matter What too. We'll try not to mention that Danny fucked up White Christmas both times despite having the lyrics taped to his mic stand. :?

The Rubettes, yes. Sorry about that. I know the names are similar but they're QUITE different groups! I'd (also) forgotten about Jef's No Matter What. I think Andy Sturmer would've been proud. Sorry to mention him again but I'm a massive Jellyfish fan and their version of NMW is ace.
Stuart Brackpool

Postby Assmask » 28th Feb 07, 17:08

Yeah, Ritch took the mic
8==m==D
8=m===D
8===m=D
8m====D--=__

The Big Grizzly

https://www.facebook.com/biggrizzlyband
Assmask

Previous

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat