ASK GiNGER QUESTiONS

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

Re: ASK GiNGER QUESTiONS

Postby Ginger » 3rd Jun 10, 12:48

<< by WiredOut » 15th Apr 09, 21:36

This thing still going?

Er, that wasn't my actual question.

But since it's put us at disorientation stations in another thread, who is the Palmer credited as a co-writer of Lovebank?

Thanks.>>

This thing was kind of going, then I lost track so it stopped, and now I've decided to start again.
Palmer (or Farmer Palmer as he was known by colleagues) was Ritch's drum tech, Martin Palmer. Martin was much more than simply a drum tech, and doubled as all round super-tech, mascot and house comedian. He disappeared from the face of the earth about 10 years ago and I'm delighted to report that he has resurfaced with all limbs attached.

<< by Rancidpunk_76 » 21st Apr 09, 11:45

Rumour is, The WIldhearts won't be at Download this year - so my question is could you play Sonisphere instead please??

(Don't bother with the Reading festival, the lineup is shat-tastic and you'd be wasted on that crowd.>>

God knows what year this question is from. All I can say is that I'm appearing at Download 2010, on Sunday June 13th, at the revised time of 7:20pm, playing a set of Wildhearts numbers. I'm planning on this being a major event that will eclipse the acoustic sets that took place that day, that weekend, or, for that matter, ever.

<< by nuno75 » 21st Apr 09, 21:50

What kind of hoops will I have to jump through to include my cover of "Caffeine Bomb" on my independently produced album?>>

Wow, I'm very flattered. You have my permission. Tell me, did it ever happen?

<< by frisbee deathcode » 12th May 09, 12:48

Any chance you can blag your way onto the bill for the AC/DC summer stadium shows Ginger ?>>

Sadly the support for the stadium appearances didn't happen but I managed to blag my way onto their Download/Donnington weekend, twice! I doubt we will be seeing the last of AC/DC for some time to come, so here's hoping I can get on the bill the next time they tour.

<< by Rancidpunk_76 » 12th Jun 09, 00:56

Just heard that Bjorn Again have been confirmed for the Sonisphere festival, any chance you could arrange for Tragedy to be there too???>>

Strange that I'd get to answer this question now, when Tragedy have split up and are already in the process of reforming as we speak.

<< by tex » 5th Aug 09, 13:39

Were you wearing any shreddies under your kilt at Sonisphere? My girlfriend wants to know........ (she hopes not!!)>>

I would never wear anything under a kilt. It defeats the point of wearing a kilt in the first place. Try it, you will not be disappointed. It's a tremendous experience. Think I might get it back out of the cupboard this summer.
Ginger

Postby Ginger » 3rd Jun 10, 12:55

<< by davejnick » 7th Oct 09, 19:40

1 - If you were a vegetable, what one would you be?
2 - What's the weirdest gift you've ever been given by a fan?
3 - Marry, fuck, kill - Maggie Thatcher, Cherie Blair, Sarah Palin?>>

I reckon courgettes have the most fun.
I was once offered someones girlfriend (who was really hot). Graciously I declined as they wanted to watch.
I quite fancy Sarah Palin so I'd marry her. I'd fuck Cherie with a bag over her head and (obviously hypothetically) kill Thatcher so I'd get a comfortable chair in heaven and free drugs in jail.

<< by WiredOut » 15th Oct 09, 11:02

If all 4 Wildhearts were trapped in an isolated cabin for a year, who would be the first to go mad, build an army by drawing faces on all the teaspoons and then declare himself the King of the Bathroom?>>

I think Scott is already there.

<< by Mackie » 3rd Jun 10, 06:54

wanna tell a young Canadian to man up and get shit done?>>

Woah, sounds serious. Wanna elaborate?
Ginger

Postby Speedy1974 » 3rd Jun 10, 13:00

Ginger

Tip for this summer's World Cup?
Speedy1974

Postby Mackie » 3rd Jun 10, 14:34

Ginger wrote:
<< by Mackie » 3rd Jun 10, 06:54

wanna tell a young Canadian to man up and get shit done?>>

Woah, sounds serious. Wanna elaborate?

haha nothing too serious. Just been in a bit of a rut and thought having someone I admire telling me to man up might be just what I need to get out of a slump
Mackie

Postby WiredOut » 3rd Jun 10, 16:57

We all know you can rock like a motherfumbler, but can you dance?

(And thanks for your previous answers).
'C'mon, make me feel like me.'
WiredOut

Postby Ginger » 3rd Jun 10, 22:25

<< by Speedy1974 » 3rd Jun 10, 13:00

Ginger

Tip for this summer's World Cup?>>

Hmmm....looks like Spain vs Brazil in the finals, although Holland are going to surprise a lot of people. And, of course, we look good this time.

<< by Mackie » 3rd Jun 10, 14:34

haha nothing too serious. Just been in a bit of a rut and thought having someone I admire telling me to man up might be just what I need to get out of a slump>>

What? Unfit? Drinking too much? Lack of energy? Too much junk food? Let me know and I promise to try and recommend a good course of action.

<< by WiredOut » 3rd Jun 10, 16:57

We all know you can rock like a motherfumbler, but can you dance?

(And thanks for your previous answers).>>

I honestly cannot. When I'm drunk I think I can, but I'm pretty sure I am simply hopelessly misguided.
Ginger

Postby benwalton » 3rd Jun 10, 22:34

dancing is an over rated pass time for wankers anyway Ginger, don't worry about it! haha.

i noticed you played with Camp Freddy a bit ago, with Dave Navarro - what do you think to Jane's Addiction?

Also, cheers for bringing AntiProduct to Wolves last christmas. that was a killer gig.
and just last week as i was clearing shit from off my shelf...
benwalton

Postby Mackie » 4th Jun 10, 06:31

all of those from time to time, but they don't bother me much. it's mostly that I always seem to chicken out of going after whatever it is I really want as soon as I have the opportunity to finally get it. how do you convince yourself to stick to your guns and not back down or bail?
Mackie

Postby Kyukyuichi » 4th Jun 10, 09:07

Dear Ginger

I'd like to know if there were any songs which were changed "a lot" between demo version and finished album version on Chutzpah! album by a producer?

I realised you were singing The Jackson Whites on a high notes in early 2009 (on Scandinavian tour - this song was played as a brand new song then.I saw the video on youtube),so just thought this song was originally recorded on that key on demos.....

Thank you for your time.
Kyukyuichi

Postby Ginger » 4th Jun 10, 09:12

<< by benwalton » 3rd Jun 10, 22:34

i noticed you played with Camp Freddy a bit ago, with Dave Navarro - what do you think to Jane's Addiction?

Also, cheers for bringing AntiProduct to Wolves last christmas. that was a killer gig.>>

I LOVE Janes Addiction. Perry Farrell is in my top five male singers ever. The Camp Freddy thing was amazing, everything done first class and expensive, and Dave Navarro has such a star quality about him, he'd be famous if he was a plummer.
It was GREAT to see Antiproduct back on UK soil. So glad they could make it.

<< by Mackie » 4th Jun 10, 06:31

all of those from time to time, but they don't bother me much. it's mostly that I always seem to chicken out of going after whatever it is I really want as soon as I have the opportunity to finally get it. how do you convince yourself to stick to your guns and not back down or bail?
>>

I used to get scared off doing things too. Then I told myself that anything anyone ever did was just a human being simply having a go, and trying their best. Also, it is not only okay to fail but it is pretty cool too. All the successful (in my mind) people have BRILLIANT failure stories! Try this: just say YES to anything that you get a chance to do. Wether it is washing the dishes, cleaning someone's car or traveling to the other side of the world. Just say YES to every single thing you get offered until you get so used to saying yes that you also get used to doing everything. Try it, and please let me know how you get on in a week. Remember: JUST SAY YES.
Ginger

Postby WiredOut » 4th Jun 10, 10:11

benwalton wrote:dancing is an over rated pass time for wankers anyway Ginger, don't worry about it! haha.

Oi! Dancing can be great fun if you can actually do it a bit. And being a male teacher, I am lucky enough to know that dancing drunk with a big group of gorgeous intelligent young female colleagues is one of the great joys of life. So it's not overrated (although I am a bit of a wanker, I'll grant you that much). :)

Danciest Ginger tracks, off the top of my head: G.T.T., Yeah Yeah Yeah, Girls Are Better Than Boys.
WiredOut

Postby Damian » 4th Jun 10, 10:49

I hereby challenge Mackie to do a bungee jump.
Damian

Postby Ginger » 5th Jun 10, 09:32

<< by Kyukyuichi » 4th Jun 10, 09:07

Dear Ginger

I'd like to know if there were any songs which were changed "a lot" between demo version and finished album version on Chutzpah! album by a producer?

I realised you were singing The Jackson Whites on a high notes in early 2009 (on Scandinavian tour - this song was played as a brand new song then.I saw the video on youtube),so just thought this song was originally recorded on that key on demos.....>>

Most of the songs on Chutzpah! where changed at the very last minute, during recording. Even after the drums went down we were still arranging the songs, and it wasn't until we got to Denmark and started to work with Jacob (Hansen, producer) that we decided to tune down the guitars. All the demo's were recorded in E flat tuning (one below concert pitch). The decision to change the tuning was down to the band but the producer definitely agreed that they sounded better that way. The only songs that stayed in the intended tuning were the ones written for my intended solo album ('Sunshine From NY', 'Mazel Tov Cocktail', 'Vernix', 'All That Zen').
Ginger

Postby paulron32 » 5th Jun 10, 09:54

Did you catch Kiss on the recent tour and what do you think of them currently? Tommy doing Shock Me - Right or Wrong?
Hey Dawg, did you see the size of that chicken?
paulron32

Postby WiredOut » 5th Jun 10, 10:44

Damian wrote:I hereby challenge Mackie to do a bungee jump.

I hereby challenge Mackie to help me kidnap Naomi Watts and then administer our marriage vows somewhere in international waters.

C'mon, it'll be fun! It'll be good for you!
WiredOut

PreviousNext

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat