ASK GiNGER QUESTiONS

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

Re: ASK GiNGER QUESTiONS

Postby Kyukyuichi » 5th Jun 10, 12:52

One more geek question to you :

Is there any chances for us to listen your unreleased demo track called "Bone Dried (feat Devin Townsend - from Tokyo demo* )" in this year? 2010 is 10years aniv for SG5 album.I know this album already has a deluxe edition with bonus disc,but it might be a good idea to re-release aniversary edition with more rarities as a bonus track....also I'd like to listen unreleased tracks from your singles club sessions like "Same Again (feat Alex Kane - even he doesn't have this track source!)".....maybe you will need to clear a copyright problem with Universal Japan and Dante Bonutte,but it will be much easier than Eastwest copylights and I hope these unreleased songs will be given a light on a day.....

* The info about "Bone Dried" is from Black Leather Mojo sleevenotes.Sonic Shake,Girls Are Better Than Boys and Bone Dried were recorded in Tokyo,1998.

Thanks for your time
Kyukyuichi

Postby Ginger » 5th Jun 10, 14:42

<< by paulron32 » 5th Jun 10, 09:54

Did you catch Kiss on the recent tour and what do you think of them currently? Tommy doing Shock Me - Right or Wrong?>>

I didn't go to see them. To be honest I thought I wouldn't enjoy it, then I saw some youtube footage of their intro and realised that next to Rammstein they have the best stage show out there. I was blown away. Tommy doing 'Shock Me'? Does anyone even care at this point? Even Ace?

<< by Kyukyuichi » 5th Jun 10, 12:52

One more geek question to you :

Is there any chances for us to listen your unreleased demo track called "Bone Dried (feat Devin Townsend - from Tokyo demo* )" in this year? 2010 is 10years aniv for SG5 album.I know this album already has a deluxe edition with bonus disc,but it might be a good idea to re-release aniversary edition with more rarities as a bonus track....also I'd like to listen unreleased tracks from your singles club sessions like "Same Again (feat Alex Kane - even he doesn't have this track source!)".....maybe you will need to clear a copyright problem with Universal Japan and Dante Bonutte,but it will be much easier than Eastwest copylights and I hope these unreleased songs will be given a light on a day.....

* The info about "Bone Dried" is from Black Leather Mojo sleevenotes.Sonic Shake,Girls Are Better Than Boys and Bone Dried were recorded in Tokyo,1998. >>

'Bone Dried' is an early version of the song that became titled '(Whatever Happened To) Rock n' Roll Girls'. I don't even know if I have those demo recordings anywhere, but I agree, it would be a great addition to a re-release of Black Leather Mojo. (I had even forgotten that Devin was on that recording!).
'Same Again'?!?!?!? I don't even remember what that song goes like, let alone know where I can get a copy. Did we even record it?
I have to admit that we all had such a good time at this point of my life that the memory or those times is a little shadowy. The party was in full swing, and, as they say , "if you remember it then you weren't there".
Ginger

Postby Kyukyuichi » 5th Jun 10, 15:43

Thanks for your quick answer :D

Yay! Now the plans for BLM 10th aniv issue album is on launch! :D
Maybe re-recording (live version also would be okay) a few tracks from album with your US solo band feat Billy would be interesting as a bonus track too!?

As for your 3 track demos : some of your old friends in Japan still have them as a strictly confidential item. ;) You can contact them just in case.....(I don't have these sources I'm afraid.....)
Kyukyuichi

Postby Ean » 5th Jun 10, 15:58

Ginger wrote:
Kyukyuichi wrote:also I'd like to listen unreleased tracks from your singles club sessions like "Same Again (feat Alex Kane - even he doesn't have this track source!)"

'Same Again'?!?!?!? I don't even remember what that song goes like, let alone know where I can get a copy. Did we even record it?
I have to admit that we all had such a good time at this point of my life that the memory or those times is a little shadowy. The party was in full swing, and, as they say , "if you remember it then you weren't there".

Does/did Same Again actually even exist!? The only place it's ever listed is on the Amazon tracklist for A Break In The Weather. I always figured it was a balls up when they wrote the listing? (Unusual for Amazon, I know... :roll: )
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."
Ean

Postby Kyukyuichi » 5th Jun 10, 16:18

Hello again

As for Same Again - it was also listed as a track 4 of Ginger Singles Club vol.6 (I saw it on official Ginger Singles Club site which was made by James @ FMH - I think).

One more question to Ginge I'm afraid..... who was playing Drums for the demos from Wildhearts Must Be Destroyed album (which is released for this forum) ? The point why I'm asking it is I cannot hear the typical playing sounds from Stidi there.....but that playing was also very good / interesting.
Kyukyuichi

Postby Mackie » 5th Jun 10, 16:21

Thanks for the advice Ginger, I'll start saying yes to absolutely everything and let you know how it goes in a week. This actually sounds like fun and I bet it leads to a whole bunch of hilarious and bizarre adventures. And as for the suggestions from damian and wiredout, I'll see what I can do if the circumstances ever come up haha
Mackie

Postby Ginger » 6th Jun 10, 09:37

<< by Kyukyuichi » 5th Jun 10, 16:18

Hello again

One more question to Ginge I'm afraid..... who was playing Drums for the demos from Wildhearts Must Be Destroyed album (which is released for this forum) ? The point why I'm asking it is I cannot hear the typical playing sounds from Stidi there.....but that playing was also very g>>

Ask as many questions as you like, Kyukyuichi, that's what I'm here for!
The drums on the Wildhearts Must Be Destroyed demos were played by Stidi. He is a much better drummer than anyone gives him credit for, himself included
Ginger

Postby Col » 6th Jun 10, 11:10

When in England, where do you actually live these days?

Why do you thnk smaller gigs in the Newcastle area are so piss poorly attended? S&TS, AntiProduct, Hanoi, Hardcore Superstar, Loyalties for example- some of them were actually free. We always have a good nite by the way, no matter how many in crowd.
Moses - Red Sea - Bollocks. Col - Academy doors - genius.
Col

Postby Kyukyuichi » 6th Jun 10, 11:22

Thanks for your reply & kind words :)

It is no doubt that Chutzpah! is one of the best album on your career.I love it & I am still listening.However it's sad for me that there is no video clips from this album.....did you have any ideas / plans for shooting videos as a single then? If so,which song was gonna be?

Sometimes video clip makes ourselves familiar with the album and the clip from Sorry & The Sinatras "Hated Heart" worked very much for me.

Thanks for your time
Kyukyuichi

Postby WiredOut » 6th Jun 10, 14:20

I know I'm coming over a bit Smash Hits with some of my questions here, but how tall are you? (I'm about 5'10 and sometimes you look bloody gigantic in person. I know some of the forum will be groaning that I'm bringing this up again. ;) We had an entire thread about this a while back that eventually agreed you had to be somewhere between 5'11 and the height of a double-decker bus, I think. So, not the most conclusive investigation ever.)
'C'mon, make me feel like me.'
WiredOut

Postby Chris Davies » 6th Jun 10, 16:26

Hey Ginger, loved the gig in Islington with Michael Monroe, was really great hearing the band do two Damned songs, brilliant band and I personally think are underrated. Also Mr Charlie Harper got up on stage to do Endangered Species, are you a fan of the UK Subs? Both the Damned and the Subs played in Cardiff together a few weeks ago and was a storming gig.

Also loved the whole Classic Rock blog you did, found many gems out of it. Will you be continuing to do this? Also was wondering what you think of the following bands, The Misfits, Black Flag/Rollins Band, Bad Religion? They are some of my favourite bands but couldn't remember ever seeing you write/talk about them. Cheers
Chris Davies

Postby Ginger » 6th Jun 10, 17:32

<< by Col » 6th Jun 10, 11:10

When in England, where do you actually live these days?

Why do you thnk smaller gigs in the Newcastle area are so piss poorly attended? S&TS, AntiProduct, Hanoi, Hardcore Superstar, Loyalties for example- some of them were actually free. We always have a good nite by the way, no matter how many in crowd.>>

I don't actually live anywhere in England these days, my time is split between hotel rooms and aeroplanes, although me and my family tend to stay around the North West area when we get the chance.
Attendance at smaller gigs? I guess most people just don't have enough money to spend on going to every show they'd like to attend, so they save up to go to the bigger shows where all their mates will be. The 'big blow-out' type scenario. Makes sense, really.

<< by Kyukyuichi » 6th Jun 10, 11:22

Thanks for your reply & kind words

It is no doubt that Chutzpah! is one of the best album on your career.I love it & I am still listening.However it's sad for me that there is no video clips from this album.....did you have any ideas / plans for shooting videos as a single then? If so,which song was gonna be?

Sometimes video clip makes ourselves familiar with the album and the clip from Sorry & The Sinatras "Hated Heart" worked very much for me.

Thanks for your time>>

I desperately wanted to make a video for The Jackson Whites. It was going to feature four warriors aboard a ship heading to war, who happened to be very camp and into applying heavy make up. The idea of a gay viking putting on lipstick aboard a marauding ship rocking on the violent seas made me laugh. I think I was alone.

<< by WiredOut » 6th Jun 10, 14:20

I know I'm coming over a bit Smash Hits with some of my questions here, but how tall are you? (I'm about 5'10 and sometimes you look bloody gigantic in person. I know some of the forum will be groaning that I'm bringing this up again. We had an entire thread about this a while back that eventually agreed you had to be somewhere between 5'11 and the height of a double-decker bus, I think. So, not the most conclusive investigation ever.)>>

I'm 6 foot tall. I often stoop when I've drank too much.

<< by Chris Davies » 6th Jun 10, 16:26

Hey Ginger, loved the gig in Islington with Michael Monroe, was really great hearing the band do two Damned songs, brilliant band and I personally think are underrated. Also Mr Charlie Harper got up on stage to do Endangered Species, are you a fan of the UK Subs? Both the Damned and the Subs played in Cardiff together a few weeks ago and was a storming gig.

Also loved the whole Classic Rock blog you did, found many gems out of it. Will you be continuing to do this? Also was wondering what you think of the following bands, The Misfits, Black Flag/Rollins Band, Bad Religion? They are some of my favourite bands but couldn't remember ever seeing you write/talk about them. Cheers>>

I like UK Subs (Charlie is one of the loveliest people you could ever hope to meet) but I LOVE The Damned. One of my absolute favourite bands of all time. I'm also fond of The Misfits, Black Flag and Bad Religion, but nothing comes close to The Damned, for me.
The Classic Rock column? It's crossed my mind to start doing it again. I'm not entirely sure yet.
Ginger

Postby wildsam6o » 6th Jun 10, 19:07

on the subject of the misfits,

ginger - what was your favourite misfits era? Danzig or Michael Graves?
and if we are lucky enough to be graced with "stop us.....vol 2" would you record a misfits song?

if so, which one?
wildsam6o

Postby markE » 7th Jun 10, 10:41

Hi ginger,
did anything come of the songs you wrote with Lions? and did you appear on stage with them at sxsw and if not why not?

also on your twiiter page you mention that the Wildhearts won't play for a long time as Scott is taking a break? is this hiatus longer than the original year off you mentioned? we neeed more gigs!
why do i have to ignore you to get your attention?
markE

Postby Ginger » 7th Jun 10, 17:18

<< by markE » 7th Jun 10, 10:41

Hi ginger,
did anything come of the songs you wrote with Lions? and did you appear on stage with them at sxsw and if not why not?

also on your twiiter page you mention that the Wildhearts won't play for a long time as Scott is taking a break? is this hiatus longer than the original year off you mentioned? we neeed more gigs!>>

Yeah, the Lions guys are recording the songs as we speak. I did appear with them at SXSW, playing on their incredible version of Girl From The North Country. I LOVE the mighty Lions, and so will you too. They're pretty impossible to dislike.
The Wildhearts hiatus might well be longer than a year. I can't say for definite but I really can't see us playing anywhere for a long while.

<< by wildsam6o » 6th Jun 10, 19:07

on the subject of the misfits,

ginger - what was your favourite misfits era? Danzig or Michael Graves?
and if we are lucky enough to be graced with "stop us.....vol 2" would you record a misfits song?

if so, which one?>>

Danzig era, for definite. I didn't really like the more 'metal' sounding Misfits.
I'm not sure we will be recording a follow up to 'Stop Us...', but if we did, and we were to include a Misfits song I'd either do 'Hatebreeders' (with me singing) or 'Where Eagles Dare' (with Scott singing.
Ginger

PreviousNext

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat