ASK GiNGER QUESTiONS

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

re

Postby Orient » 3rd Apr 07, 22:21

when they played it last time around there was a fair bit of "ooh, it goes on a bit doesn't it?" type whining, which may have peeved Ginger just a touch after years of everybody shouting for it.

That would've peeved me too, it's not as if its the same all the way through, it's like 3 different songs mixed into one...but I suppose I'm preaching to the wrong people on here! :D

I'd like to hear News of The world too though which I think is quite under-rated...
Orient

Postby Piedude » 3rd Apr 07, 23:50

Now that you can release whatever you want whenever you want with your own record company, does that increase the chances of the second SG5 album seeing the light of day?
Also, thanks to Devin Townsend's website being one of your reccomended links on the Sonic Circus website Ive been buying his albums and think its great music, any chance of even a one song collaboration between you two in the future? (Not including Christeen, also a great song...)

Will
Piedude

Postby EvilNeil » 4th Apr 07, 09:25

Howdy, I have 3 Line-up related questions!!!

1)Now Ritch is back in the fold, can we expect any Endless, Nameless stuff live? More specifically, 'Genius Penis'??

2)Although having Ritch back in the band is like a dream come true for me, innate curiosity has led me to wonder what happened to Stidi. Did he leave or was he booted out?

3)My last question is why get a new bass player when you had two perfectly good ones to choose from? I know Danny had his problems, which may have contributed to his sudden absence from the band, but why is John no longer part of the wildies??

Cheers for your time Neil.
EvilNeil

Postby Sam » 4th Apr 07, 13:29

Hi Ginger

Some questions:

Whats your favourite guitar solo that you've written?

Pet Sounds or Revolver?

What's the craziest thing you've done when off your tits?

Cheers!

Sam
Sam

Postby wez_wildheart » 4th Apr 07, 15:47

Ginger

Newky Brown or Guinness for the Belfast show

pint is on me

and finally

i know yer a Newcastle man so whats your opinion at the moment on the mighty Sunderland

Wez
wez_wildheart

Postby Dave C » 4th Apr 07, 22:44

I have a question that is more of a request really. My wife will soon be recovering from bypass surgery after suffering a heart attack recently.
She read the lyrics to the Miles Away Girl and they seemd to describe her perfectly. Is there any chance of playing The Miles Away Girl in Blackpool for my wife Ann?
Hopefully she'll be there.

Cheers

Dave C

Edit; Scratch that question as she's not gonna be there. Sugery's re-arranged for 1st May.
Last edited by Dave C on 23rd Apr 07, 21:26, edited 1 time in total.
Dave C

Postby geordierussell » 6th Apr 07, 21:15

If you could be in any band (except WH) for the
a) Sex
b) Drugs (when you had a penchant for them)
c) Rock and Roll

who would those 3 bands be, or would there be one who covered them all?
http://www.tinyurl.com/gnr2010
geordierussell

Postby geordierussell » 8th Apr 07, 09:32

What do you think of Steel Wheels in Newcastle selling a promo copy of the new album on e-bay, in advance of the actual release date?
http://www.tinyurl.com/gnr2010
geordierussell

Postby Nickinvincible » 8th Apr 07, 10:35

My question to Ginger is:

When you've written a song, do you have an idea in your head of what band it might suit - SG5, WH, solo etc, and then hold it back for that next record? Or is it more that, when you're writing say a SG5 album, you are in a more glam rock kinda 'zone', and so the songs you write at that time just come out in that style?
Nickinvincible

Postby davejnick » 8th Apr 07, 12:34

geordierussell wrote:What do you think of Steel Wheels in Newcastle selling a promo copy of the new album on e-bay, in advance of the actual release date?

Ooooh, I can't wait to read the answer to that one!
How dare you!
davejnick

Postby skychaserhigh » 9th Apr 07, 20:22

In the download release of the sweetest song are the beeps a joke or a necessity for legal reasons ?
skychaserhigh

Postby nig1012 » 10th Apr 07, 11:30

have you had any contact from festival organisers?
nig1012

Postby SuperJake » 10th Apr 07, 12:36

With all the changing of styles in your solo albums, any thoughs on releasing a Metal album in the near future?
SuperJake

Postby Damian » 10th Apr 07, 22:15

SuperJake wrote:With all the changing of styles in your solo albums, any thoughs on releasing a Metal album in the near future?

It's called "The Wildhearts" and comes out on April 23. :D
Damian

Postby SuperJake » 11th Apr 07, 00:29

Damian wrote:
SuperJake wrote:With all the changing of styles in your solo albums, any thoughs on releasing a Metal album in the near future?

It's called "The Wildhearts" and comes out on April 23. :D

Lol, but they aren't really Metal, like really heavy are they?
SuperJake

PreviousNext

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat