ASK GiNGER QUESTiONS

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

Re: ASK GiNGER QUESTiONS

Postby Kyukyuichi » 7th Jun 10, 18:17

Hello Ginger

I had more questions :

1) The basis of White Album (Titled The Wildhearts 2007) was almost same as the one which you were going to make in Early 2004 with Random & Stidi?

2) What do you think of Union Of Knives (feat Chris Gordon ex Deckard - they split up even just after they made a great (unreleased) 2nd album with NIN composer Atticus Ross)? Do you think he Chris should get back to Rock N Roll Scene with Deckard or Baby Chaos again?

Thank you always
Kyukyuichi

Postby Col » 7th Jun 10, 22:00

The Wildhearts hiatus might well be longer than a year. I can't say for definite but I really can't see us playing anywhere for a long while.

Booooooo :D
Moses - Red Sea - Bollocks. Col - Academy doors - genius.
Col

Postby markE » 8th Jun 10, 10:14

Ginger wrote:<< by markE » 7th Jun 10, 10:41

Hi ginger,
did anything come of the songs you wrote with Lions? and did you appear on stage with them at sxsw and if not why not?

also on your twiiter page you mention that the Wildhearts won't play for a long time as Scott is taking a break? is this hiatus longer than the original year off you mentioned? we neeed more gigs!>>

Yeah, the Lions guys are recording the songs as we speak. I did appear with them at SXSW, playing on their incredible version of Girl From The North Country. I LOVE the mighty Lions, and so will you too. They're pretty impossible to dislike.
The Wildhearts hiatus might well be longer than a year. I can't say for definite but I really can't see us playing anywhere for a long while.

thanks for answering. i do indeed love Lions.
with regards to the covers album were any others recorded that didn't make the cd?
why do i have to ignore you to get your attention?
markE

Postby Ginger » 8th Jun 10, 16:07

<< by markE » 8th Jun 10, 10:14

Ginger wrote:
<< by markE » 7th Jun 10, 10:41
with regards to the covers album were any others recorded that didn't make the cd?>>

Nope, everything we recorded was released, although there were a few extra songs on the download version, if I remember correctly.

<< by Kyukyuichi » 7th Jun 10, 18:17

Hello Ginger

I had more questions :

1) The basis of White Album (Titled The Wildhearts 2007) was almost same as the one which you were going to make in Early 2004 with Random & Stidi?

2) What do you think of Union Of Knives (feat Chris Gordon ex Deckard - they split up even just after they made a great (unreleased) 2nd album with NIN composer Atticus Ross)? Do you think he Chris should get back to Rock N Roll Scene with Deckard or Baby Chaos again?

Thank you always>>

If you mean 'Sods Law', the intended double album that The Wildhearts intended to record when Jon was in the band, that bares very little resemblance to the White Album. Sods Law was going to be VERY eclectic. So much so, in fact, that I can't see the fans really enjoying it as much as the White Album.
I would LOVE to see Chris gordon get back to deckard as I consider their Stereodreamscene album a classic. Union Of Knives was okay, but nothing compared to Deckard, in my opinion.
Ginger

Postby blackdeathcrew » 8th Jun 10, 17:03

Hi Ginger,
just a couple of quick questions if that's ok

Do you have any regrets about your past; career wise I mean?

Are we ever likely to see a SG5 'reunion' gig? - the gig you played at the Scala in 2000 is still probably the best gig I've ever been to

Thanks
Pete
ImageImage
blackdeathcrew

Postby Trixi » 9th Jun 10, 14:07

Ginger wrote:<< by Kyukyuichi » 6th Jun 10, 11:22

Thanks for your reply & kind words

It is no doubt that Chutzpah! is one of the best album on your career.I love it & I am still listening.However it's sad for me that there is no video clips from this album.....did you have any ideas / plans for shooting videos as a single then? If so,which song was gonna be?

Sometimes video clip makes ourselves familiar with the album and the clip from Sorry & The Sinatras "Hated Heart" worked very much for me.

Thanks for your time>>

I desperately wanted to make a video for The Jackson Whites. It was going to feature four warriors aboard a ship heading to war, who happened to be very camp and into applying heavy make up. The idea of a gay viking putting on lipstick aboard a marauding ship rocking on the violent seas made me laugh. I think I was alone.

Now that's something I would love to see :lol:
Everything I say can, will, and always is being used against me.
Trixi

Postby Ginger » 10th Jun 10, 09:56

<< by blackdeathcrew » 8th Jun 10, 17:03

Hi Ginger,
just a couple of quick questions if that's ok

Do you have any regrets about your past; career wise I mean?

Are we ever likely to see a SG5 'reunion' gig? - the gig you played at the Scala in 2000 is still probably the best gig I've ever been to>>

I'd love to do a SG5 reunion gig, and there have been good offers, but I really wouldn't want to do it without the proper amount of pyro and mayhem. Just turning up and playing those songs in jeans and a t-shirt doesn't appeal to me one bit.
I have no regrets about anything as I'm still here, still inspired and still excited about tomorrow. My babies are healthy and I'm surrounded by love so every day I spend above ground is a fine, fine day. I think it's essential to fully appreciate the small things in life as well as the bigger stuff.
Ginger

Postby SteveP » 10th Jun 10, 12:53

Here's my couple of questions, one quite serious, one a bit less so.

Regarding the advice you gave to Mackie a few pages back about saying yes to things, being a bloke who was brought up not to brag or boast about myself and of the 'little boys are seen and not heard' ilk, I have immense difficulty in selling myself in job interviews and talking about myself.
Being as I'm now jobhunting, I guess I'd like to know what you think are the best ways to overcome this.
How do you go about selling yourself to other bands when you're auditioning for them? (probably the best example of that is when you joined Brides of Destruction, correct me if I'm wrong about that though) or is it just a case of playing them your already published stuff and showing you can play the tracks they've already recorded?

Secondly, have you still got your NUFC season ticket and where do/ did you sit in the ground?
Do you reckon we'll stay up this season, will the FCB not releasing any funds for new players help or hinder us? (I think we'll struggle without investment in players)
23 Pictures In A Tent....

'The bus is gannin fuckin neewhere'
SteveP

Postby floyd » 10th Jun 10, 14:35

Hi Ginger, a couple of questions about demos...do you have any demos from the ' white album ' and ' Chutzpah ' or any other little unheard gems? Would you ever consider releasing them as a mail order CD? or even as a freebie on this site! (remember your advice to 'Mackie' about saying YES to things!) :coat: . I know there would be a huge interest on here. Also was ' Deep in the arms of morpheous ' ever recorded as a demo, have heard a live version and it is a great little song.
I wanna know why there's no white dog shit anymore
floyd

Postby Ginger » 12th Jun 10, 08:58

<< by SteveP » 10th Jun 10, 12:53

Here's my couple of questions, one quite serious, one a bit less so.

Regarding the advice you gave to Mackie a few pages back about saying yes to things, being a bloke who was brought up not to brag or boast about myself and of the 'little boys are seen and not heard' ilk, I have immense difficulty in selling myself in job interviews and talking about myself.
Being as I'm now jobhunting, I guess I'd like to know what you think are the best ways to overcome this.
How do you go about selling yourself to other bands when you're auditioning for them? (probably the best example of that is when you joined Brides of Destruction, correct me if I'm wrong about that though) or is it just a case of playing them your already published stuff and showing you can play the tracks they've already recorded?

Secondly, have you still got your NUFC season ticket and where do/ did you sit in the ground?
Do you reckon we'll stay up this season, will the FCB not releasing any funds for new players help or hinder us? (I think we'll struggle without investment in players)>>

When selling myself to a prospective employer/band I just remind myself that if they don't want me it isn't personal, they just want someone else. Bearing that in mind I just play the situation as it comes and be 100% myself. Like I said, if someone doesn't want you for the job it isn't a condemnation of you personally, you just can't be everything to everyone!
I'm confident that NUFC will stay up this season. When I used to go to the match I used to sit behind the dugouts. I don't get to see them anymore, sadly

<< by floyd » 10th Jun 10, 14:35

Hi Ginger, a couple of questions about demos...do you have any demos from the ' white album ' and ' Chutzpah ' or any other little unheard gems? Would you ever consider releasing them as a mail order CD? or even as a freebie on this site! (remember your advice to 'Mackie' about saying YES to things!) . I know there would be a huge interest on here. Also was ' Deep in the arms of morpheous ' ever recorded as a demo, have heard a live version and it is a great little song.>>

I don't keep demos but I'm sure you can find them all on the internet somewhere. Best thing to do is to ask on this very forum. You'll be delighted at what turns up.
'Deep In The Arms Of Morpheus' was never recorded 'properly'. Maybe I'll do it one day as it's a great little song.
Ginger

Postby matthiasman » 12th Jun 10, 12:00

Hey Ginger.

My question's quite a simple one: Do you remember me?

I believe I met you a few years ago, about 6/7 I think. I was on a ferry coming back from france, and you were there too. I came up to ask for an an autograph, and even though you looked like you couldn't believe I knew who you were (I was only 14 or so at the time), you signed a piece of paper for me.
Then my tool of a cousin asked you for one (only because he'd seen me asking), and you signed it as Noel Gallagher, which made me laugh.

So, basically, do you remember the above, or did I ask someone who looked a lot like you for an autograph?

Matt
matthiasman

Postby WiredOut » 12th Jun 10, 16:12

What, if anything, would you consider your greatest strength as a songwriter?

And conversely (if I may ask) do you consider there's any area of your songwriting you'd like to focus on to become more accomplished at?

Thanks again for all your recent efforts in this thread.
'C'mon, make me feel like me.'
WiredOut

Postby benwalton » 12th Jun 10, 22:36

Ginger - Are you ever going to release those 2 new tracks you played on the 2009 solo tour with laika dog?

I don't remember what they were called but they were really, really good, and that gig was excellent. I saw the 'laundry day' version of it in Nottingham on Tony Wright's birthday.

Thanks, god bless
Ben
and just last week as i was clearing shit from off my shelf...
benwalton

Postby shadow » 13th Jun 10, 01:06

great news that you're looking to create a new project and was wondering how intensely you will be able to commit to it.....is it just a side project or a bit more than that?....is the line-up complete yet and any clues about the direction of the music?
shadow

Postby Ginger » 13th Jun 10, 09:54

<< by matthiasman » 12th Jun 10, 12:00

Hey Ginger.

My question's quite a simple one: Do you remember me?

I believe I met you a few years ago, about 6/7 I think. I was on a ferry coming back from france, and you were there too. I came up to ask for an an autograph, and even though you looked like you couldn't believe I knew who you were (I was only 14 or so at the time), you signed a piece of paper for me.
Then my tool of a cousin asked you for one (only because he'd seen me asking), and you signed it as Noel Gallagher, which made me laugh.

So, basically, do you remember the above, or did I ask someone who looked a lot like you for an autograph?

Matt>>

I'm sure it was me but, to be 100% honest, I get a fair few people asking me for autographs. If I could see your face it would be easier to remember.

<< by WiredOut » 12th Jun 10, 16:12

What, if anything, would you consider your greatest strength as a songwriter?

And conversely (if I may ask) do you consider there's any area of your songwriting you'd like to focus on to become more accomplished at?

Thanks again for all your recent efforts in this thread.>>

I guess the strength I'm fondest of is my consistency. Over 30 years of writing and I still don't run out of ideas when writing. If there is one specific area of songwriting I'd like keep improving it would have to be as a lyricist. Don't get me wrong, I'm very fond of the work I've done so far, but it is an area I'm sure all writers would like to expand on, being as it is the only facet of songwriting that is directly improved by experience.

<< by benwalton » 12th Jun 10, 22:36

Ginger - Are you ever going to release those 2 new tracks you played on the 2009 solo tour with laika dog?

I don't remember what they were called but they were really, really good, and that gig was excellent. I saw the 'laundry day' version of it in Nottingham on Tony Wright's birthday.

Thanks, god bless
Ben>>

Oh yes, absolutely. They will feature on recordings to come, you can bet on that. In fact a new version of one of the songs (This Too Will Pass) appears on the up-coming 'best of..' album.

<< by shadow » 13th Jun 10, 01:06

great news that you're looking to create a new project and was wondering how intensely you will be able to commit to it.....is it just a side project or a bit more than that?....is the line-up complete yet and any clues about the direction of the music?>>

It will be a 'full commitment' type affair. I predict that juggling both this and playing guitar with Michael won't be a problem in 2011. All other info will be made available very soon. Watch this space...
Ginger

PreviousNext

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat