ASK GiNGER QUESTiONS

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

Re: ASK GiNGER QUESTiONS

Postby nadgers » 23rd Aug 10, 22:22

Hi matey!

Had a bit of an odd dream the other night: went to see a band that consisted of you and CJ on guitars, Scott and Jon Poole both on basses, and Rich and Stidi both on drumses and you were making the most amazing riffy heavy noise I've ever dreamt of! There was no vocals - just riffy industrial chugginess. What're the chances of this ever happening?
nadgers

Postby Jason_scorching_past » 23rd Aug 10, 22:28

Hi Ginger,

What is the current release schedule/plan regarding new music you are involved in writing (Mike Monroe/Solo/Sonic Graffiti etc)?

Thanks
Or you make some kind of robot to get us help, or a homing device, or build a new battery..
Jason_scorching_past

Postby WiredOut » 26th Aug 10, 12:30

I was just wondering if you ever dream original music, since some people are talking about the same phenomenon in this thread?

I guess most people know the stories about the 'Satisfaction' riff and the 'Yesterday' melody coming to Keef and Paul in dreams. I've never consciously written a song in my life, but my sleeping brain has cooked up some amazing original music during dreaming (that I've been able to ascertain was original by remembering it for a while after waking, before it fades).

I think I've read some stuff to the effect that waking consciousness is basically a kind of stable, consistent, near-veridical hallucination projected usefully onto the world by the brain. It's just that the brain's true creative power has to be constrained by natural selection to get you through your day-to-day life. Or we'd all be getting eaten and falling off cliffs whilst continuously tripping and watching thousands of lesbian angels fucking each other atop immense crystal eagles firing rainbow laser bullets from their eyes into gigantic sun-yolks boiling and streaming hot rivers across the sky. And stuff like that.

Forgot what I was talking about now.
'C'mon, make me feel like me.'
WiredOut

Postby Ginger » 30th Aug 10, 20:05

<< by WiredOut » 26th Aug 10, 12:30

I was just wondering if you ever dream original music, since some people are talking about the same phenomenon in this thread?

I guess most people know the stories about the 'Satisfaction' riff and the 'Yesterday' melody coming to Keef and Paul in dreams. I've never consciously written a song in my life, but my sleeping brain has cooked up some amazing original music during dreaming (that I've been able to ascertain was original by remembering it for a while after waking, before it fades).

I think I've read some stuff to the effect that waking consciousness is basically a kind of stable, consistent, near-veridical hallucination projected usefully onto the world by the brain. It's just that the brain's true creative power has to be constrained by natural selection to get you through your day-to-day life. Or we'd all be getting eaten and falling off cliffs whilst continuously tripping and watching thousands of lesbian angels fucking each other atop immense crystal eagles firing rainbow laser bullets from their eyes into gigantic sun-yolks boiling and streaming hot rivers across the sky. And stuff like that.

Forgot what I was talking about now.>>

I wrote a bunch of stuff from dreams when I was in New York, a lot of it I remembered and put down on my iPhone for future reference. Then someone 'helped' me reset my iPhone and wiped the lot off. Since then I've had nothing come to me in dreams.

<< by Jason_scorching_past » 23rd Aug 10, 22:28

Hi Ginger,

What is the current release schedule/plan regarding new music you are involved in writing (Mike Monroe/Solo/Sonic Graffiti etc)?

Thanks>>

I don't concern myself with release dates so much these days, I'm more keen on writing and recording, leaving the tedium of release dates to others. I'm happy to say that I've written a very large portion of the new Michael Monroe album which we will be recording in september, in LA, with Jack douglas. I'm also writing some solo stuff to record in January with The Ginger Wildheart band. Also, expect some action from the project I'm doing with Chris McCormack in 2011. First we gotta settle on a name.

<< by nadgers » 23rd Aug 10, 22:22

Hi matey!

Had a bit of an odd dream the other night: went to see a band that consisted of you and CJ on guitars, Scott and Jon Poole both on basses, and Rich and Stidi both on drumses and you were making the most amazing riffy heavy noise I've ever dreamt of! There was no vocals - just riffy industrial chugginess. What're the chances of this ever happening?>>

I'm saddened to say that this will never happen, which is a pity as it sounds fucking awesome!

<< by benwalton » 23rd Aug 10, 21:56

Mattie wrote:
Hi Ginger,

Siberian Angel is perhaps my favourite track from Yoni, and every bit of proof if it was needed that you can write excellent songs for other people to sing, but how did it come to be that you got Vaden Todd Lewis to record one of your tracks? Obviously you have been a fan of his for a while but how much did he know about your work before committing to the track?

Also, if you've heard them, what did you think of the newest (aside from finally releasing Feeler) Toadies album 'No Deliverance' ? Or his other project Burden Brothers? (specifically the album Mercy but either really)

I think getting Vaden Todd Lewis to sing this was a masterstroke. It's so different to Toadies stuff, but his vocals work so fantastically well on it>>

Me too. Vaden is one of my all time favourite singers, and getting him on that song was just brilliant timing.

<< by ChickenDhansak » 23rd Aug 10, 20:57

The wife and I recently went to a Lee Mack gig and dropped off a Sticky Toffee Pudding for him on his birthday, which we over wrote the label to say "Stiffy Cocky Pudding" in homage to his DVD. I know. Daft. However, we are coming to the Highbury gig in December and she has suggested a toy cow on which we write "My Baby is a Heffer" as this is what our kids sing during renditions of Easth Vs whilst travelling in the car. Would this gift be appreciated, or merely chucked away?>>

Funny but that's what Mike Muir from Suicidal Tendencies thought the lyrics were too!
Ginger

Postby nig1012 » 31st Aug 10, 15:58

so which bands did u get 2 c at leeds fest then? i thought axl/g n' r were ok i think he's getting a bit of a hard time because of his reputation.
is your silence making you lonely?
or is your lonliness making you silent?
nig1012

Postby Ross » 1st Sep 10, 11:24

How long does it take you to write and record an album? Obviously there are great differences between different projects, but on average, how long would you say. If you like the answer could be put in terms of which album of yours took longest and which has taken the shortest amount of time?

Cheers!
Ross

Postby Ginger » 2nd Sep 10, 08:29

<< by Ross » 1st Sep 10, 11:24

How long does it take you to write and record an album? Obviously there are great differences between different projects, but on average, how long would you say. If you like the answer could be put in terms of which album of yours took longest and which has taken the shortest amount of time?

Cheers!>>

I guess the answer would change with every writer in the world. I tend to know when it's time to do an album when I have enough songs written (time permitting) but I guess I'd be happy to write one in a week if given the challenge. I reckon a week (alone in the woods or something, y'know?) would be enough time to undergo enough quality control to cobble together 15 top tunes.

<< by nig1012 » 31st Aug 10, 15:58

so which bands did u get 2 c at leeds fest then? i thought axl/g n' r were ok i think he's getting a bit of a hard time because of his reputation.>>

I enjoyed watching Biffy Clyro for the very first time as I've loved them since their first album. Against Me! were great and I had a good time during GNR with a nice buzz on and some great company. I think anyone buying a ticket to see GNR and being disappointed by Axl being late must be the sort of person who complains about rain being wet.
Ginger

Postby WiredOut » 10th Sep 10, 22:46

Hi, I seem to remember a late-90's/early-00's interview you did where you claimed that amongst other potential post-WH projects you had in my mind, you mentioned that you'd had a great idea for a movie that you wanted to develop.

Having, from what I recall, not recently witnessed you stage-diving into the Academy Awards orchestra pit and performing an impromptu rock-cello-solo using your Best Director Oscar as a white-noise distortion bow (which is surely what would happen, to the betterment of all men?), I must surmise that this project has yet to transpire.

Given that, could you give us a tinkling as to what that was all about? If you can, and if you did say that? Thanks again!
WiredOut

Postby WiredOut » 11th Sep 10, 00:00

Sorry, I'm yet to get immersed in Twitter where this stuff might be more appropriate, but I was wondering if you'd enjoy any of this stuff?

If you haven't heard of him already, it's a guy by the Youtube name of AndyRehfeldt, who re-records pretty much all of the instrumentation to a selection of pop and rock classics, to push them into (I think) wonderfully inappropriate new genres.

He writes, plays, records, mixes and masters almost all of the new instrumentation himself, whilst keeping the original vocals (although he also sometimes treats these himself for a particular effect).

Hence:

Motorhead - Ace Of Spades (Broadway Musical Version)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=801CketNy1Y

Kiss - Detroit Rock Reggae

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2F5Mi1eCE4&feature=related

Metallica - Enter Sandman (Smooth Jazz)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBmM79YadYM

Funniest one, in me 'umble onion:

Cannibal Corpse - Hammer Smashed Face (Radio Disney Version)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1Zmkevry5g

And going the other way,for the pop whores like me:

Beyonce- Halo (Metal Version)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQJX22a_oUY

Lady Gaga - Polka (-Metal) Face

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cr8KiihK3ks

And a load of others. Anyway, hope you might enjoy one or two!
WiredOut

Postby nadgers » 11th Sep 10, 01:59

Jesus Chrisus, that even makes that Lady Gaga one listenable!
nadgers

Postby macc lad » 11th Sep 10, 17:02

hi Ginger have you seen this news about JB'S Dudley closing, just wondered what your memories of this place were good or bad ?

http://www.dudleynews.co.uk/news/837652 ... Christmas/
Ask lots of questions dont eat the bullshit
macc lad

Postby Andy » 14th Sep 10, 21:48

Hi Ginger,
Im off to New York soon and was just wondering. Apart from the obvious tourist places to visit. Where in NY would you recommend to check out?
Cheers.
Andy

Postby Assmask » 15th Sep 10, 10:48

Hi Ginger

Any chance we could go for a pint and a game of pool? I'm sick of my usual group of chancer mates and I think it's time I started moving in higher circles.

Bill
8==m==D
8=m===D
8===m=D
8m====D--=__

The Big Grizzly

https://www.facebook.com/biggrizzlyband
Assmask

Postby Ginger » 15th Sep 10, 15:40

<< by Assmask » 15th Sep 10, 10:48

Hi Ginger

Any chance we could go for a pint and a game of pool? I'm sick of my usual group of chancer mates and I think it's time I started moving in higher circles.

Bill>>

Yeah, sure. You anywhere near the East LA area?

<< by Andy » 14th Sep 10, 21:48

Hi Ginger,
Im off to New York soon and was just wondering. Apart from the obvious tourist places to visit. Where in NY would you recommend to check out?
Cheers.>>

Male, single? Check out The Coffee Shop in Union Square.
Like adventure? Get the ferry to Fire Island.
Like interesting shops/walks? Walk down 2nd or 3rd ave from 14th street to below Houston, & just keep going 'til you've seen enough.
Make sure to walk the Brooklyn Bridge at least twice, and make one a Sunday morning.
Eat a slice of Artichoke pizza (14th and 2nd).
Walk the waterside along the east river from 14th street to Empire State building.
Visit Manitobas bar (Ave B between 6th and 7th st) and Otto's Shrunken Head Bar (14th st and Ave B)
Pick up a Village Voice paper.

<< by macc lad » 11th Sep 10, 17:02

hi Ginger have you seen this news about JB'S Dudley closing, just wondered what your memories of this place were good or bad ?

http://www.dudleynews.co.uk/news/837652 ... Christmas/>>

Really sad news. JB's was a brilliant place. I've had some of the best shows ever at that place. It's always sad to see a great venue close down, and JB's is no exception. Great people, great food, great vibe.

<< by WiredOut » 10th Sep 10, 22:46

Hi, I seem to remember a late-90's/early-00's interview you did where you claimed that amongst other potential post-WH projects you had in my mind, you mentioned that you'd had a great idea for a movie that you wanted to develop.

Having, from what I recall, not recently witnessed you stage-diving into the Academy Awards orchestra pit and performing an impromptu rock-cello-solo using your Best Director Oscar as a white-noise distortion bow (which is surely what would happen, to the betterment of all men?), I must surmise that this project has yet to transpire.

Given that, could you give us a tinkling as to what that was all about? If you can, and if you did say that? Thanks again!>>

I hope to start writing a screenplay this xmas. I'd love to get involved in movies somehow. I think I like movies more than music, to be honest. I've no doubt I'll end up leaning more and more towards film.
Ginger

Postby Assmask » 17th Sep 10, 13:08

Ginger wrote:<< by Assmask » 15th Sep 10, 10:48

Hi Ginger

Bill>>

Yeah, sure. You anywhere near the East LA area?

Shit, sorry, I should have been more clear! I meant at my local in Belfast. :)
8==m==D
8=m===D
8===m=D
8m====D--=__

The Big Grizzly

https://www.facebook.com/biggrizzlyband
Assmask

PreviousNext

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat