ASK GiNGER QUESTiONS

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

Postby 29xTheJames » 26th Apr 07, 07:15

Orient wrote:his balls? is that for charity too or has he chosen that over his dreads? lol

Its from 'Why Cant You be Normal All The Time?'
Bag o'shite
29xTheJames

Postby Soundog » 26th Apr 07, 10:28

What is it with you and ducks? Listening to The New Flesh, one can clearly hear "We're the duck you've beaten once too much". Okay, so the lyrics on the WHs site try to mask it as "dog", but that's not fooling anybody. At first I thought nothing of it, but then it dawned on me... a friendly warning, 13 years ago - "be kind to your web-footed friends"! Please, tell us what you know.

And what is it with you and the cruci-fixation you've seemingly developed? On The Wildhearts, you sing of Tweety, faith and Her who's All That being subject to crucifixion. A tad brutal, don't you think?

Congratulations on the new album - I'd love to hear all those songs live!
Soundog

Postby 29xTheJames » 26th Apr 07, 18:19

Can you be my dad???
Bag o'shite
29xTheJames

Postby horrid_jon » 26th Apr 07, 18:47

Hi Ginger!

Please can you fix it for me to be able to buy the fantastic cds you release in Japan without having to get them on import or fly over there? Please please please.

I'm just listening to the new album for the first time. Lovin it so far!
horrid_jon

Postby SchitzoStu » 27th Apr 07, 10:16

horrid_jon wrote:Hi Ginger!

Please can you fix it for me to be able to buy the fantastic cds you release in Japan without having to get them on import or fly over there? Please please please.

I'm just listening to the new album for the first time. Lovin it so far!

Ginge'll Fix it for yoooooooo

And you and you and you!!!

Ba ba ba! Ba Ba ba ba ba ba!!

Sorry, it's been a funny day so far. I'll get me coat........
SchitzoStu

Postby pete » 27th Apr 07, 10:25

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Put 'em in lights, put 'em in lights
pete

Ask Ginger

Postby BGennard » 29th Apr 07, 11:55

Firstly may i just congratulate you on two fantastic albums, two of the best released this year so far (if not the best!).

Congratulations on getting Round records up and running, great releases so far!

Now the questions......

1) Now that you have Round Records up and running, and you pretty much have complete control of release's (I presume), would you consider having another go a the Singles club idea, even if only to release the singles online as purchasable mp3s only and not on physical cds, (I guess this would be cheaper and less of a distribution headache!). If not starting the idea from scratch just release the other 18 songs that were already written before infernal f#cked it up!

2)
a. New Wildhearts album is amazing, possibly the best album so far, I was just wondering were any of the songs used from the 13 or so demos recorded back in 2004 before the band split, or are they completly new?
b. If the songs on the new album are completely new, will the ones demoed in 2004 ever see the light of day even if only as purchasable mp3s?

3) You have a wealth of material thats never seen an official release, is there any chance of these songs being released as purchasable high quality mp3's online?
Im talking about songs like :
The Songs written for Alice Cooper, (Sorry forgotten the titles)
Beer For Breakfast
If I were you Id Kiss me ( I believe there maybe two versions of this song?)
Same Again,
All the Snake Demos
(Kiss My Arse Before You Say Goodbye, Please Baby Please, Wild Wine And Whiskey, Whose Gonna Stop Lorraine, One More Night, Unsociable Emotions, The Violent Ones, Same Sad Song)
Truth
Church of the Broken Hearted
Push
U Wanna
Just Stay
and theres probably a whoile lot more, like all the songs demoed for the proposed second SilverGinger5 album. I know alot of the songs mentioned above are available on bootlegs etc, but id rather see my money go to the artist whom wrote/recorded them and get decent quality mp3s.

Oh well I probaly have more questions, but i think thats enough of your time ive taken up.

Again congrats on some excellent releases, looking forward to your reply.
BGennard

Postby whatevermort » 29th Apr 07, 20:58

There's a chat elsewhere on the forum about the Landmines And Pantomimes tracks (Abhoria, Velvet Presley etc). I know that loads of people love those songs, but, like me, hate the fact that they never got a proper finish. Any chance you could finish them off and stick them up free on this here internet? Or even charge for them? Or just finsh them and stick them on an album? Any chance at all?
whatevermort

Postby Rusty 666 » 29th Apr 07, 22:50

After your recent visit to MetroCentre, can I just ask who your favourite MetroGnome is?

(This'll probably make no sense to most people...)

Cheers,

Scott
Rusty 666

Postby Keith Richard » 1st May 07, 07:29

Hey Ginger,

Many congratulations, and sincere thanks for the new one.......it is rather spectacular to say the least.

Does it aggrevate you at all that seemingly, all of your solo efforts and band efforts are continually dissected and analysed, and each individual note, lyric, delivery style is compared and contrasted?

Please get back to the West Coast soon. You are all most welcome!

Cheers, Keith (San Francisco)
cause the chances are good that it wont let you down, like maybe drinking with Keith, or seeing Dolly Parton's tits...
Keith Richard

Postby 29xTheJames » 1st May 07, 07:48

when was ginger at the metro centre? i was there 10 days ago, dont say i missed him!
Bag o'shite
29xTheJames

Postby Rusty 666 » 1st May 07, 16:28

He was there over the Easter holidays. I used to work the Metrognome shows so the staff there know who Ginger is (as I've converted most of them). He was there watching the show with one of his bairns. It's the first time he's been spotted at a show, but he can be often seen around there - last time I saw him was Christmas Eve....

Scott
Rusty 666

Postby vanrad » 10th May 07, 11:33

Q. What is that intro music played on the recent UK tour to support 'The Wildhearts'? & if it's the Wildhearts, can you release it in any format?
vanrad

Postby pete » 10th May 07, 12:36

vanrad wrote:Q. What is that intro music played on the recent UK tour to support 'The Wildhearts'? & if it's the Wildhearts, can you release it in any format?

good man beat me to it :lol:
Put 'em in lights, put 'em in lights
pete

Postby michelle » 11th May 07, 01:50

Do you like marmite?
michelle

PreviousNext

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat