ASK GiNGER QUESTiONS

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

Postby Ady » 11th May 07, 09:15

Which songs are chores for you to play on tour and which do you look forward to playing??
Life has teeth, and bites the feeding open hand.

http://www.twitter.com/adycolclough
Ady

Postby davejnick » 11th May 07, 18:24

What happened to the glass guitar with the fish in it from the "Grievous Acoustic Behaviour" show?
How dare you!
davejnick

Postby Damian » 11th May 07, 20:51

davejnick wrote:What happened to the glass guitar with the fish in it from the "Grievous Acoustic Behaviour" show?

And do you ever dig out that guitar we got you for your 40th? :D
Damian

Postby sparky » 16th May 07, 10:07

What happened to the record deal with Gearhead ?

Sparky
Last edited by sparky on 10th Jul 07, 20:32, edited 1 time in total.
Gonna be someone, I'm a smoking gun, I'm the lightning striking
sparky

Ask Ginger

Postby shockingcandy » 16th May 07, 13:48

To me the new album (which I really like by the way) sounds less "layered" and more lively than ...Must Be Destroyed, especially the guitars. Can you confirm this is the case?

(apologies everyone for this slightly geeky question)
shockingcandy

mental health

Postby pinnick » 18th May 07, 00:12

Ginger, in the recent article in Kerrang you stated that, as far as depression goes, taking medication is just pushing your problems off in the corner.

I'd like to know why you feel justified in making that statement. It may be what works for you, but isn't it irrepsonsible and naive to think that everyone with depression (especially clinical depression) can get by without prescription medication?

EDIT: A further discussion on this topic continues here.
pinnick

Postby geordierussell » 19th May 07, 00:28

This kind of a multi-parter and has most likely been asked before, but I'll ask it just in case.
Have the band been approached to play Jools Holland's Later,or any other current TV music shows, and if not are you pushing your PR people to get the band on. If not, I would be interested to hear what the rationale is behind not appearing on these shows.

and on the subject of TV appearances is there a plan to get The New Flesh a slot on Channel 4? They tend to have video premiers around 11pm and getting the new single on there could help a mount a serious attack on the charts.
http://www.tinyurl.com/gnr2010
geordierussell

Postby Keith Richard » 19th May 07, 21:14

Hey Ginger,

I noticed that on the Howling Willie album, and also during the encore of "I Wanna Go" recently at Milton Keynes, you played an extract from the theme tune of Z Cars. Was this a tribute or merely a coincidence? One of the TV highlights of my childhood days was the fire brigade of "Trumpton". Any chance for your next acoustic tour that you could take a look at that wonderful guitar piece as Pew, Pew, Barney, McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble and Grubb slid down the pole and jumped into the engine ready for action?
cause the chances are good that it wont let you down, like maybe drinking with Keith, or seeing Dolly Parton's tits...
Keith Richard

Postby 29xTheJames » 19th May 07, 21:23

Ginger, are you moving to Japan then? Just saw the video you made for the Japan fans, so Im being cheeky.
Bag o'shite
29xTheJames

Postby Keith Richard » 20th May 07, 17:51

OK, last question this time around. Why oh why such a shortage of XL Tshirts during the tour? I managed to grab a shield and radiohead T in XL, but what I really was looking for was the album cover T in XL so I can proudly fly the flag and spread the word back home. We're not all lean mean fighting machines like the band......the large size T makes me look as though I have bigger tits than my fourteen year old Niece!

How / where can I grab a couple of XL album Ts?
cause the chances are good that it wont let you down, like maybe drinking with Keith, or seeing Dolly Parton's tits...
Keith Richard

Postby 29xTheJames » 20th May 07, 17:58

At the Newcastle there was only Large & XXL of the album sleeve. XXL is rather comfy.

Back on topic!
Bag o'shite
29xTheJames

Postby Keith Richard » 20th May 07, 19:37

29xTheJames wrote:At the Newcastle there was only Large & XXL of the album sleeve. XXL is rather comfy.

Back on topic!

Well, at the rate that I'm consuming curries and traditional english breakfasts while I'm over here, XXL it may have to be :oops:
Keith Richard

Postby geordierussell » 20th May 07, 19:47

Keith Richard wrote:
29xTheJames wrote:At the Newcastle there was only Large & XXL of the album sleeve. XXL is rather comfy.

Back on topic!

Well, at the rate that I'm consuming curries and traditional english breakfasts while I'm over here, XXL it may have to be :oops:

I am going the other way due to a holiday looming soon. Lost over 1/2 a stone in a week!!!

By this rate I'll be in a L by Christmas....ha ha
http://www.tinyurl.com/gnr2010
geordierussell

Postby hansblix » 29th May 07, 00:43

sure you've probably been asked this before but fuck it....
you've never hidden your love for country music and in recent years its become far more prominenent influence on your songs - have you considered re-recording 'truth'?
Music's all that'll ever get through
hansblix

"The Revolution Will Be Televised"

Postby pinnick » 30th May 07, 19:44

I've heard that C.J. admitted that this song ("The Revolution Will Be Televised") sounds a lot like Green Day. To my ears, it sounds like it could have been included on American Idiot.

Was this intentional? Maybe a British perspective on the world events they commented on?

P.S. You guys are WAY better vocalists than Green Day could ever dream of being. :D
pinnick

PreviousNext

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat