ASK GiNGER QUESTiONS

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

Postby cjrodwell » 30th Oct 07, 07:27

Is there any chance of putting the videos for The New Flesh and Destroy All Monsters onto stores like iTunes? I don’t have Sky so I’m not likely to see the video apart from on YouTube and I’d gladly pay £2 to have a decent copy. I'm sure the fans would love it and you guys can get some more cash.

Please could you add Inglorious or Schitzophonic (preferably both but I’m just being greedy) to the set for the Xmas shows as a little treat for the fans?

Thanks for the great gig in Swindon by the way.
cjrodwell

Postby Rancidpunk_76 » 23rd Dec 07, 00:45

Ok, everyone i've spoken to (and plenty online too) have said the recent Xmess Tour was the best 'Hearts gig they've seen. So, my question is:

What was different about this most recent tour for you?

Cheers!

Nev from Bristol
Rancidpunk_76

Postby Ben Wright » 2nd Jan 08, 22:14

Why the hell haven't the Wildhearts released Zen Reqiuem as a single? It's a great song and a future rock classic. If any Wildhearts song was going to be a number 1, it's this one.

Cheers for the tunes over the years, keep 'em coming.
Ben Wright

Postby Rancidpunk_76 » 1st Feb 08, 22:36

Any chance of the Wildhearts playing any festivals in 2008? Reading? Download?
Rancidpunk_76

Postby skychaserhigh » 11th Mar 08, 14:04

Can you confirm if the 'works' 3cd set is an official release
Some Days Just Fucking Suck
skychaserhigh

Question for Ginger

Postby robdy2k » 12th Mar 08, 19:09

Ginger...

Have you injured your left shoulder? It looks wonky like mine which I permenantly dislocated from my collar bone. If so, what do you do to keep it in shape and does it ache when playing guitar?

Cheers

RobD
It's better to regret something you have done than something you haven't done.
robdy2k

Question for Ginger

Postby Rafa » 6th May 08, 04:10

Which member of KISS would you be?
Which member of Cheap Trick would you be?
Would you rather bone the Donnas or the Runaways?
When are you coming to California for F##ks sake?
Rafa

Postby Ben Wright » 6th Jul 08, 18:04

You mentioned in a recent interview that PHUQ was supposed to be a double album, but the, ahem, lovely people at EastWest decided otherwise. What was the tracklisting for the double album?
Ben Wright

Postby spoon_of_grimbo » 6th Jul 08, 21:01

Ben Wright wrote:You mentioned in a recent interview that PHUQ was supposed to be a double album, but the, ahem, lovely people at EastWest decided otherwise. What was the tracklisting for the double album?

i read somewhere (i think it might have been on the Ask Ginger section actually) that he said he can't remember the original track order, due to them abandoning it after the label trashed the idea (and probably due to drug-hazed memories).
IF THERE'S A SOUND YOU PLAY THAT DOESN'T FIT TODAY,
WHY NOT JUST PLAY THE BASTARD ANYWAY?!
spoon_of_grimbo

Postby Jason_scorching_past » 20th Jul 08, 20:24

Ben Wright wrote:You mentioned in a recent interview that PHUQ was supposed to be a double album, but the, ahem, lovely people at EastWest decided otherwise. What was the tracklisting for the double album?

I think the initial plan was to release Fishing for Luckies and PHUQ together as a double album under the PHUQ banner.
Jason_scorching_past

Postby Monica_ICE » 30th Jul 08, 23:15

With the Wildhearts' rising popularity after Download, what do you think will be the next steps by the band to continue to grow your popularity and do you see any cut off points for success or is it "all you can get"? Also, you've made many songs available for individual downloads; what do you see as the future or what do you want to do in the future of music releases?
Monica_ICE

Postby VladDracii » 22nd Nov 08, 17:28

...Who does the Adam Ant-esque voice on the end of Underkill?
Those of you Facebookers may be wondering what Mr. Robin Guy is up to? http://www.facebook.com/robinguydrummer?ref=ts
VladDracii

Postby Nexus Icon » 25th Nov 08, 11:58

VladDracii wrote:...Who does the Adam Ant-esque voice on the end of Underkill?

Isnt that meant to be a Johnny Rotten piss-take after the Sex Pistols 1995(?) reformation gig for cash that the 'Hearts played at?

EDIT: Interestingly, if you play the demo version of Underkill, there is a mock-sample at the end, from the Pistols song "EMI", the line used being "They only did it cos of fame...". One could therefore assume that there was no chance of the "sample" (Im still not sure if that is a sample or a re-record by the Hearts) being cleared, so Ginger added his own Pistols-esque outro parodying the Pistols reformation for money.
Nexus Icon (AKA Toby)
Nexus Icon

Postby shadow » 29th Nov 08, 00:35

with such a long lasting and extensive(as in lots happening overseas) resurgance in the wildhearts fortunes is there any chance of any GATSC or even better GINGER solo projects in the near future close to home(as in not overseas)?
shadow

Postby Mackie » 17th Dec 08, 01:08

I've heard tracii guns is a huge jerk to work with. Is that true? Also, seeing as you're on the road a lot, how do you feel about long distance relationships?
Mackie

PreviousNext

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat