Scarborough - why was it bad???

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

Postby davejnick » 21st Mar 06, 23:44

shockingcandy wrote:!

I seem to remeber Danny also said it was really cold on stage that day

That'll be why they had pyro every two minutes. Not for entertainment value, just to keep themselves warm!
How dare you!
davejnick

Postby shockingcandy » 21st Mar 06, 23:47

davejnick wrote:That'll be why they had pyro every two minutes. Not for entertainment value, just to keep themselves warm!

lol kept the crowd toasty too! Seriously them flame throwers, you really could feel the heat off them
shockingcandy

Postby davejnick » 21st Mar 06, 23:49

Well SOMETHING had to warm us up, I seem to recall it being a bit of a chilly day......
How dare you!
davejnick

Postby trace-da-space » 21st Mar 06, 23:50

davejnick wrote:Hey, they were good enough that i'm paying £25 to go to see them again in a couple of months.

ooooo...with twisted sister? am jealous again!! the only week i could get booked on the hols is june 24th-july 1st. so we'd miss rock city, our venue of choice on that tour. we COULD go to glasgow, but we'll probly have a brand-spankin' new shiny car (courtesy of motability & my shagged-out bones,lungs & liver), an' the area round the academy looked a tad unsafe fer poor old dave the volvo when we went to see BYB & velvet revolver up there!! :shock:

enjoy it, an' have a beer fer me, as i'm not allowed! :?
lurve,

trace x
trace-da-space

Postby davejnick » 21st Mar 06, 23:53

Yup, with Twisted Sister. Should be a damn good night. And it'd be a pleasure to have not just one, but several beers for ya!
How dare you!
davejnick

Postby greggy » 22nd Mar 06, 20:37

Great day, if somewhat cold. Eighties Matchbox were superb as usual. Bit disappointed by the short set by the lads but seeing the Wildhearts is always a special thing. Met some really nice people from Cardiff - one was a Ginger lookalike. Spoke to the Man himself. Would still like to see the dvd. Here's hoping.
The Wildhearts - my drug of choice.
greggy

Postby dingwall » 22nd Mar 06, 21:07

Dave C wrote:IIt was bad for: - Food (shit burgers or shit burgers),

Ahhhh, you should've gone to the pub down the road beforehand. I had a tower burger for £3.50. It consisted of *five* burgers, one bun and a plate of chips! Filled me up for the day to avoid buying anything from them dodgy stalls :wink:
I noticed as the evening went on the queue for coffee started to match that for beer
*dINGWALL*
----------------------------------------------
Do it all in the name of Rock n Roll!
www.wildheartsbootlegs.co.uk
----------------------------------------------
dingwall

Postby shockingcandy » 22nd Mar 06, 23:47

The problem I had with the food was that it basically all contained meat!
shockingcandy

Postby davejnick » 23rd Mar 06, 08:41

shockingcandy wrote:The problem I had with the food was that it basically all contained meat!

They had cheese and ham sandwiches for the vegetarians :wink:
How dare you!
davejnick

Postby Col » 23rd Mar 06, 12:56

yeah, that wafer thin ham is ok for veggies isn't it?
Col

Postby shockingcandy » 23rd Mar 06, 13:06

Damn all you flesh eaters! :wink:
shockingcandy

Postby davejnick » 23rd Mar 06, 20:03

As my mate's nan used to say to him when he told her he couldn't have a full fry-up cos he was a veggie..."it's only a bit of bloody bacon"
How dare you!
davejnick

Postby Andy Santiago » 23rd Mar 06, 21:15

Maybe I had too high expectations of the Scarboro gig but I didn't really have that great a day.The whole event should have been staged earlier in the summer as everyone knows, it was bastard cold!!
As for The Wildhearts set,they looked like they were really going through the motions and were not enjoying what should have been an absolute triumph.
I did here a rumour that there would be a one-off Wildhearts gig every year in mad locations such as castles,forests and so on,Heres hoping we get 'Wildstock 2' with nice weather and ample lager available! :wink:
Andy Santiago

Postby kateyay » 26th Mar 06, 09:57

ah, Scarborough!

my top bits:

-the LiSTEE meetup the night before the gig (involving out of date beer, funny conversation, books of swearwords and excellent company)

-the fact that most people seemed to know each other and also that you couldn't move anywhere without bumping into people you knew

-The Grit, Plan A, Robochrist and Planet of Women for keeping the crowds warm during the day, and playing great sets

-the breakfast at our guesthouse - which was also filled with wildies fans!

-lots of people dancing in a Tony Wright style during Terrorvision's set, the only way to keep warm in the rain and wind!

-Oblivion. Ooo wop, ba ba doo wop, ba ba doo wop, ba ba doo....

-pyro. oooooh, pyro. 8)

-everyone being so squished during the Wildhearts' set that it was impossible to be cold!

-doing the mass Hokey Cokey in the mud at the front of the stage after many people had left...with lots of weird looks!

-getting to use a "posh loo"

-finding that the Albion pub was still open and let us in and was still serving at a rather late time, until 3am, and that some of our swedish mates were there!!

the not so good bits:

-the beer queue (no beer for me thanks!!) - but at least there was beer, seeing as the actual beer suppliers pulled out before the gig, so kinda a good job really.

-the non-availability of veggie food or anything without lots of grease in it

-the coldness (but i'm a soft southern pansy-ponce)

-the wildhearts being understandably annoyed and not putting the best of performances in, but with reason

-one of the event organisers being taken ill shortly before the gig...

but that's really it. overall i had a very memorable weekend, topped off by a Beach visit and walk around Scarborough on the next day, which was very very hot and sunny!

....anyone wanna do it again? :D
kateyay

Postby pete gusher » 27th Mar 06, 17:09

i thought the WH sounded great but the set list was a bit too predictable

the worst bits of the day were -

the bar serving only larger or bitter - where was the JD?
the length of the beer tent queues

me and evil "ollie" elvis kinda forgetting to work out where we were gonna sleep - walking around scarborough for what seemed like hours after the gig, wasnt fun

he mentioned there were a group of people camping out somewhere- that must have been some of you lot then!

but lack of veggie food? they had a fruit stall!
;)
pete gusher

PreviousNext

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat