Remembering The Great Gigs....

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

Remembering The Great Gigs....

Postby Marc » 13th Feb 06, 18:19

Who else was there (dates are sketchy but mostly from the mid to late 90's)...

1. Moodswingers at Highbury Garage - I remember going on till around midnight on a sunday... was a bugger getting home but worth it, oh so worth it..

2. London Astoria Xmas Show with Krusher as the compare dude.... and remembering hearing an amazing verison of "SAnta Claus is coming to town", and all the band members swapping positions.This gig had absolutely everything, extended versions (it seemed) of great songs like Weekend and Geordie in Wonderland.

Just two of the best nights of my life :)

Well those are two of the 8 (at last count) that I have seen these guys rock out many a venue :)

What are your favourites??
Last edited by Marc on 13th Feb 06, 19:36, edited 1 time in total.
Marc

Postby Peesh Junkster » 13th Feb 06, 19:01

Hey nice one Marc!

Newcastle Mayfair Oct '95 always springs to mind cos it was going to be the last ever Tour!!! I remember them playing a monster set that night!! Stuff I hadnt heard Live before like 'Sky Babies' and 'weekend' were the highlight for me :D

The Clam Abuse one in the summer of '99 is a memorable one cos I didnt have the CD and just thought 'what the fuck is this?' but being blown away by the whole thing!!!! Plus they played 'Beautiful You, Beautiful Me'...................which was nice :wink:
Peesh Junkster

Postby Glen666 » 13th Feb 06, 19:33

Best Gigs..... tricky narrowed it to three :

1) Xmas Gig at JB's Dudley, nearly 3 hour set full of obscure set additions like, Do Anything, Santa Claus is Coming to Town etc all members were drunk. It was awesome.

2) Izzy Stradlin Support at Nottingham Rock City 1992, simply because it's the first time I saw them. Completely blew me away.

3) Scarborough Castle, amazing atmosphere, a field full of Wildhearts Die Hard Fans. One beer queue??!!!?? Awesome.
Glen666

Postby Marc » 13th Feb 06, 19:37

I missed the Scarrborough gig :(

Kinda lost track of life during that period and missed the chance of seeing the two bands I always wanted to see together - Terrorvision and the Wildhearts !!!
Marc

Postby skychaserhigh » 13th Feb 06, 21:09

Supporting the Almighty at St davids hall

First time i saw them WOW
skychaserhigh

Postby Marky Mark » 14th Feb 06, 10:38

It has to be at the Harlow Square in 2003 with THE GA GAs in support. God that place is small! Think you could touch the stage with 1 hand and put your pint on the bar with the other.
What a gig. The small venues will always be the best.
Marky Mark

Postby EvilNeil » 14th Feb 06, 18:19

i went to the Square gig aswell it was a great gig,they played loads of stuff i hadn't heard live before, splattermainia,News of the world ! but the best time i saw them was at cambridge junction in either 2002 or 2003 i can't remember!! anyway it was the last time i saw them with Danny up until Scarborough! they payed Zomboid with the sounddog babylon ending,and it was fantastic!!
EvilNeil

Postby Chris Davies » 14th Feb 06, 18:32

although ive only seen the wildhearts 3 times , a secret gig before the motorhead tour at the newport tj's was absoultley amazing . its was an excellent gig , so intense as its such a small place , the set list was a blinder too , loads of the more obscure songs where played , this was certainly not to be forgotton. anyone else there ????
Chris Davies

Postby Dave C » 15th Feb 06, 19:51

The Whitehaven gig in 2004 was a good one, an unusual venue, small and full of enthusiastic fans. One lass got on stage and kissed Ginger. I seriously thought I'd lost my hearing permantly afterwards, it took days for my hearing to return.
Dave C

Postby Col » 15th Feb 06, 22:43

Did anyone else go to the Sunderland "warm up" gig before the last tour?
Col

Postby Aj » 15th Feb 06, 23:48

I loved the gig at Harlow with The Ga Ga's too, met some cool people that night. Hearing News Of The World was great!
Saw two guys offloading equipment, take an amp case across the road, leave it there and run away laughing. I still don't know who was inside it.

Aj
xx
Aj

Postby SchitzoStu » 16th Feb 06, 09:24

Col wrote:Did anyone else go to the Sunderland "warm up" gig before the last tour?

Aye! Was a cracking gig.
SchitzoStu

Postby Sully » 18th Feb 06, 12:13

Dave C wrote:The Whitehaven gig in 2004 was a good one, an unusual venue, small and full of enthusiastic fans. One lass got on stage and kissed Ginger. I seriously thought I'd lost my hearing permantly afterwards, it took days for my hearing to return.

I was there I'm from Whitehaven. Great gig. Was great to see Stidi and CJ in the three tuns pub before the gig. I could hardly believe me eyes!
Sully

Postby skychaserhigh » 18th Feb 06, 12:17

[quote="Chris Davies"]although ive only seen the wildhearts 3 times , a secret gig before the motorhead tour at the newport tj's was absoultley amazing . its was an excellent gig , so intense as its such a small place , the set list was a blinder too , loads of the more obscure songs where played , this was certainly not to be forgotton. anyone else there ????[/quot

Yes awesome show, i love tj's

Also saw silverginger5 at club efor bach, also a good intimate venue :twisted:
skychaserhigh

Postby w1ldheart » 18th Feb 06, 13:04

I was at the SG5 Welsh club gig . was brilliant, got the album there, and a t-shirt, and listened to it solidly for days
:D
w1ldheart

Next

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat