Remembering The Great Gigs....

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

Postby Ross » 8th Mar 06, 11:42

davejnick wrote:SG5 at Rock City when the pyro set the roof on fire was a good 'un.

Oh yes indeed! Smallish crowd, but stunning show!

Other honourable mentions go to SG5 at the Astoria, that was the best gig I'd seen until GInger's 40th at the Marquee...
Ross

Postby Rosstifer » 19th Mar 06, 00:49

Cam Fin wrote:Sad to say I never saw them first time round but Glasgow Garage in 2001 was a fuckin' blinder (the night before Danny sadly went off the rails again). Also an honorary mention to them supporting Motorhead at the Barrowlands (they started with Nexus Icon & were well up for a good show!). Looking forward to the Cathouse later this month !!!!!

havent seen a bad show by the Wildhearts in Glasgow...............ever!!!!

The night they supported Motorhead....................what an amazing set they played and to open with nexus icon, amazing

Can't wait til thursday at the cat..........................its gonna rock
Rosstifer

Postby Cam Fin » 21st Mar 06, 23:38

Also gotta mention SG5 @ the Glasgow garage as I very nearly got a guitar out of it that night.....Ginger in his infinite wisdom decided to give his all for the art of the rock & also his jaggy looking black & green rimmed BC Rich. It was tossed to us mere mortals & I got a hold of the neck "Wa - hey I got me a guitar " I thought b4 the fucker ran thru my sweaty hands as several other buggers grabbed the body. Several ingrained strings on the palms & no guitar later I had to contend with just enjoying the rest of what was a kick arse show.
Cam Fin

Postby Gex » 18th May 06, 18:52

Well, my first ever gig was The Wildhearts, some "random band" called The Darkness were supporting (this was about a month before the darkness got big, and The Wildhearts stayed virtually unknown, bah). Thursday 3 October 2002, at the Astoria. The "OI OI OI OI" at the beginning of I Wanna Go Where The People Go is something I'll never forget :D

Seen Ginger (acoustic gigs, more Wildhearts, Sonic Circus) about 7 times since but y'kno.. first time is pretty special
Angels on the sideline; puzzled and confused
Gex

Postby Ean » 18th May 06, 19:07

Gex wrote:Well, my first ever gig was The Wildhearts, some "random band" called The Darkness were supporting (this was about a month before the darkness got big, and The Wildhearts stayed virtually unknown, bah). Thursday 3 October 2002, at the Astoria. The "OI OI OI OI" at the beginning of I Wanna Go Where The People Go is something I'll never forget :D

Seen Ginger (acoustic gigs, more Wildhearts, Sonic Circus) about 7 times since but y'kno.. first time is pretty special

I was there - it was the second night that I'd seen 'em on that tour, and I'll probably never forget the moment it dawned on me that the Daftness were for real.

They'd played the JB's date a couple of days before and we talked through the whole set because they were "obviously some shite local band who'd got a lucky gig and would blatantly never be heard from again." :roll: I think I remember Justin running around on the floor with his wireless guitar playing a widdly solo - although it may have been a. n. other shite metal band, I've definitely seen it done there once. :)

Oh, and welcome to the board. Pull up a muffin, sit yerself down. :wink:
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."
Ean

Postby Marc » 18th May 06, 19:27

Gex wrote:Well, my first ever gig was The Wildhearts, some "random band" called The Darkness were supporting (this was about a month before the darkness got big, and The Wildhearts stayed virtually unknown, bah). Thursday 3 October 2002, at the Astoria. The "OI OI OI OI" at the beginning of I Wanna Go Where The People Go is something I'll never forget :D

I was there too, was told by a mate that the Darkness were shit hot.... when they started playing they were phenominal - really great traditional rock guitars then Justin opened his mouth, me and my mate looked at each other and thought WTF is this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Marc

Postby beerofthedark » 19th May 06, 10:14

What a class gig for your first one! 8)
the missus and I were there as well - i remember deciding I liked the Daftness when Justin did the solo perched on the roadie's shoulders. they need a killer third album tho, if they want me to go to any more gigs.
"I have a barrel of opinions
lonely, lonely
I am everlone, everlone"
beerofthedark

Postby Gex » 19th May 06, 17:53

Kudos for being able to write a catchy tune to The Darkness- me and my brother got there late, walked in to Giving Up and the 'oh oh oh oh oh oh' was stuck in my head for weeks >.<

I think they were alright in a kinda goofy way for about a month.. the term 'over-played' doesn't come close to summing it up

And cheers Ean, I think I shall :)
Angels on the sideline; puzzled and confused
Gex

Previous

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat