Question For Those Who Own "Coupled With"

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

Question For Those Who Own "Coupled With"

Postby DiggityDawg » 2nd May 06, 19:37

What's the sound quality of "Return To Zero" like on the "Coupled With" CD?

I've got 7" vinyl & the song on the US ( Gearhead ) CD of "Riff After Riff", but the fidelity of that version is horrid. I burned the audio from my 7" to a CDR, & it sounds better than the Gearhead CD.

Thanks.
DiggityDawg

Postby Dave C » 3rd May 06, 07:30

It sounds as though Return To Zero is lifted directly off the single, the sounds crap, but it's still a very good song.
Dave C

Postby nig1012 » 3rd May 06, 16:42

hi
nig1012

Postby nig1012 » 3rd May 06, 16:46

why is everyone so obsessed wiv the sound quality of gingers songs its not as if he had a multi million pound budget 4 VDC and "return 2 zero" woz a b side,I`d rather have a slightly poorer sounding ginger song than an excellent sounding STREETS song,so stop moaning and just enjoy `em
nig1012

Postby Ean » 3rd May 06, 17:07

nig1012 wrote:why is everyone so obsessed wiv the sound quality of gingers songs its not as if he had a multi million pound budget 4 VDC and "return 2 zero" woz a b side,I`d rather have a slightly poorer sounding ginger song than an excellent sounding STREETS song,so stop moaning and just enjoy `em

CD sound quality can be affected by where the CD was manufactured: the Japanese releases have always sounded crisper for some reason - you can tell the difference easily on the start of Sonic Shake - although I don't think Return To Zero has ever had a proper release over there.

The US release was shite though: it sounded like someone put a mic next to the speakers and recorded it that way. I'm pretty sure it's meant to sound Lo-Fi, otherwise I'd imagine someone would have pointed it out before it got released.

And that's as may be, but would you rather have a poorer sounding Ginger song or the same song sounding better? Anyway, WH B-sides have always sounded as good as Albums.

And there's nowt wrong with The Streets (let the flames begin :wink: )
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."
Ean

Postby DiggityDawg » 3rd May 06, 17:28

Thanks for the info, Ean & Dave. Sounds like I'm better off with the burn I made from my 7" single.
DiggityDawg

Postby Ean » 3rd May 06, 17:37

DiggityDawg wrote:Thanks for the info, Ean & Dave. Sounds like I'm better off with the burn I made from my 7" single.

I guess it depends on whether you already have the 7 tracks that aren't on Riff After Riff from when they were on the singles?
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."
Ean

Postby nig1012 » 3rd May 06, 19:10

Ean wrote:
nig1012 wrote:why is everyone so obsessed wiv the sound quality of gingers songs its not as if he had a multi million pound budget 4 VDC and "return 2 zero" woz a b side,I`d rather have a slightly poorer sounding ginger song than an excellent sounding STREETS song,so stop moaning and just enjoy `em

u gotta b kiddin me rite wots so gud about a guy talkin bollox over sum random beats and his words dont even rythme most of the time unlike mine which r devine
nig1012

Postby weebleboy » 4th May 06, 01:27

Ean wrote:

Agreed. Really like their/his stuff, and it's not the usual thing I'd like. It's more to do with the actual lyrical content than melodies and rhymes. It's a form of social commentary and he actually has things to say and stories to tell. Still haven't got their new album yet tho....
http://www.facebook.com/Kevin.Burdon.Photography
weebleboy

Postby Ean » 4th May 06, 11:18

weebleboy wrote:Still haven't got their new album yet tho....

Nope, me neither. As soon as it's in the sale though... :wink:
Ean Ü

Ean

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat