Following on from How many times have you done it!!!

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

Postby SteveP » 24th Feb 06, 10:08

Sully wrote:Why don't you give me something to calm me down and I'll show you all something about loss...
Ok I'll stop now.

"Every Saturday, they get laid"!!!!

NOT the story of my life!!!! hahaha

Cheers Sully, next quote please!!!!!!!!
23 Pictures In A Tent....

'The bus is gannin fuckin neewhere'
SteveP

Postby Workyticket » 25th Feb 06, 17:15

Baby Chaos, Kerbdog, Real TV... Christ, what I would've given to be there when Therapy? supported them. That's not a bill, it's Heaven through a PA!
Workyticket

Postby Nomad » 4th Apr 06, 20:16

I think I'd say the Sex Pistols.

Sure - there's an opinion and even a schedule that say the Wildhearts were support, not them, but there's just so much truth written on those yellow and pink tshirts they sold there that I never had the good sense to buy.

Someone must have a pic link for those that don't know what I'm talking about.
Nomad

Postby Nomad » 4th Apr 06, 20:22

Nomad wrote:I think I'd say the Sex Pistols.

Sure - there's an opinion and even a schedule that say the Wildhearts were support, not them, but there's just so much truth written on those yellow and pink tshirts they sold there that I never had the good sense to buy.

Someone must have a pic link for those that don't know what I'm talking about.

And then I miss the first thread with it linked from eBay...
Try here:
http://www.gingerandthesoniccircus.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=262
Nomad

Postby Ross » 5th Apr 06, 08:53

Therapy?
The Cardiacs
Antiproduct

Unfortunately, there was a spate of poor support bands on many of the recent shows... Amen? Sugarcoma? No thanks...
Ross

Postby beerofthedark » 5th Apr 06, 10:11

In very rough order
Terrorvision
Therapy?
RealTV
Darkness (when they were still hungry)
"I have a barrel of opinions
lonely, lonely
I am everlone, everlone"
beerofthedark

Postby ArcticFox » 5th Apr 06, 13:34

Therapy? at Manchester Academy, I missed the Glitterati cos my mate Speedy was hungry and we went to McDs opposite where CJ was behind us in the queue (but he opted to go to Subway instead - a very wise man!!)

Didn't see the Darkness as support but after seeing them at the MEN Arena in Feb I can confirm they are still hungry (if Justin's love handles are anything to go by :D ).
ArcticFox

Postby Sully » 5th Apr 06, 13:42

Ross wrote:Therapy?
The Cardiacs
Antiproduct

Unfortunately, there was a spate of poor support bands on many of the recent shows... Amen? Sugarcoma? No thanks...

Amen are quality, definatley not a poor band. I never seen them support wildhearts but they are usually the most intense live band. Why did you think they were poor?
Sully

Postby Ross » 5th Apr 06, 14:11

I think Amen are poor because their songs are predictable, tuneless and I can't stand the shouty style of singing. They are also so full of themselves, both live and in person... They actually did a signing in Rockaboom in Leicester and I bumped into Casey Chaos. He was about five foot tall and wearing sunglasses inside and about five people were there to see them... It was quite a funny spinal tap moment...

Anyways, they really aren't my thing, and I was horrendously disappointed when they supported the WH.
Ross

Postby Sully » 6th Apr 06, 15:11

I just wish they'd never been hyped so much a few years ago by metal mags. They've just been forgotten.Theyve done some class tunes. I met Casey a few months ago, i was so drunk i just grabbed his hand, looked him in the eyes and told him he was a fucking lunatic. Im sure he appreciated that.
Sully

Postby nig1012 » 7th Apr 06, 19:27

the cardiacs
the glitterati
hurricane party (scarborough)

can any 1 remember an all girl band supporting the WH i think they were called SCARY MONSTERS but i cud b wrong and wasn`t it sean ysault out of white zombie or am i thinking of somethin completly different or did they support BACKYARD BABIES?me heads totally battered
nig1012

Postby Andy » 7th Apr 06, 21:51

nig1012 wrote:the cardiacs
the glitterati
hurricane party (scarborough)

can any 1 remember an all girl band supporting the WH i think they were called SCARY MONSTERS but i cud b wrong and wasn`t it sean ysault out of white zombie or am i thinking of somethin completly different or did they support BACKYARD BABIES?me heads totally battered

Was it a band called 'Darling' featuring Angie Adams.
Andy

Previous

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat