Landmines and Pantomimes

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

Landmines and Pantomimes

Postby Boba Fettuccine » 8th Jun 06, 11:24

I just got L&P from Amazon and when it arrived it came in a DVD sized cardboard jacket. Just wondering if anyone else had the same edition?
I've seen a million faces, and I've ROCKED them all!!
xxx
Boba Fettuccine

Postby Michael Wade » 8th Jun 06, 15:11

I have that one. What do you think of that artwork?
Michael Wade

Postby Boba Fettuccine » 12th Jun 06, 09:53

Yeah love the art work. Danny Deen was a fantastic artist and is sadly missed. Still got the PHUQ tour shirt from Leeds '95 with the face/heart on the front and more Deen art on the back with The Wildhearts on the sleeve. It's ace.
xxx
Boba Fettuccine

Postby JasonH » 16th Sep 06, 16:16

Wonder if this is legal? Cos it was only semi-official (but legal) to start with. This recent edition in the DVD-sized digi has no mention of the previous label Kuro Neko and indeed no mention of any label. But it's MM101 and being sold by a mail-order company called Mischief Music. I asked them about it but got no reply...

Anyway, it's another nice item to stick on the shelf.
JasonH

Postby kitescreech » 16th Sep 06, 19:30

Ive got a bid going on L&P at the mo - is it any good ?
"Today is different and tomorow the same"
kitescreech

Postby kitescreech » 17th Sep 06, 20:14

Well I own it anyway, so Ill make my own mind up in a day or two !
kitescreech

Postby blackdeathcrew » 18th Sep 06, 11:20

Its worth owning, just to hear Abhoria and Velvet Presley 8)
blackdeathcrew

Postby EvilNeil » 18th Sep 06, 15:14

this is what it says about it on Wildhearts.com...

Ginger has asked us to pass on a warning about a re-release of Landmines and Pantomimes, a compilation of rarities originally released on Kuro Neko records and which the band had no input to. The new release is in a DVD-sized cardboard sleeve and is on the Mischief Music label (cat no. MM101). It features the artwork of the late Danny Deen and Ginger has asked people not to buy this new release as it is illegal. We are still trying to find further details about Mischief Music - if anyone has any contact details or further information, please let us know. Thanks.
EvilNeil

Postby Workyticket » 18th Sep 06, 20:54

blackdeathcrew wrote:Its worth owning, just to hear Abhoria and Velvet Presley 8)

Seconded. Stupid Things is a great song too.
Workyticket

Postby kitescreech » 19th Sep 06, 17:19

BOLLOX. Guess which version I won on ebay.

Needless to say details of the seller etc have been forwarded to Rick. The sellers user name is johnnyallalone on ebay, address in London.

FWIW its another set of mighty fine songs, but I am always gonna feel a bit guilty listening to it.

Bugger
kitescreech

Postby SteveP » 19th Sep 06, 19:13

kitescreech wrote:Needless to say details of the seller etc have been forwarded to Rick. The sellers user name is johnnyallalone on ebay, address in London.
Bugger

I think it's probably the scheming bastards that produced the copies (Mischief Music) that Ginger wants to find info about out, although saying that, if someone on ebay is gonna sell an illegal recording, then they should probably also face censure.

Myself, I have a dilemma:
Ginger says it's an illegal recording,
He said something similar about FFL or FFML, I don't remember which, basically the band didn't support this.
I know there is a difference between the two, but it's nearly the same thing.
So, my dilemma is:, do I get this illegal recording and go against Ginger's wishes or do I go and get something which a good few years down the line will probably become very very collectable???, despite it's legality. :?:
23 Pictures In A Tent....

'The bus is gannin fuckin neewhere'
SteveP

Postby Keith Richard » 20th Sep 06, 09:36

SteveP wrote:
kitescreech wrote:Needless to say details of the seller etc have been forwarded to Rick. The sellers user name is johnnyallalone on ebay, address in London.
Bugger

I think it's probably the scheming bastards that produced the copies (Mischief Music) that Ginger wants to find info about out, although saying that, if someone on ebay is gonna sell an illegal recording, then they should probably also face censure.

Myself, I have a dilemma:
He said something similar about FFL or FFML, I don't remember which, basically the band didn't support this.
I know there is a difference between the two, but it's nearly the same thing.
So, my dilemma is:, do I get this illegal recording and go against Ginger's wishes or do I go and get something which a good few years down the line will probably become very very collectable???, despite it's legality. :?:

Steal it!!! :twisted:
cause the chances are good that it wont let you down, like maybe drinking with Keith, or seeing Dolly Parton's tits...
Keith Richard

Postby EvilNeil » 20th Sep 06, 13:16

The problem the band had over fishin for luckies was that they wanted the six track version to be a fan club release only, but east west decided to put it out on general release with 3 demos stuck on the end. Namely; fishing for 'More' luckies. so fishin for more luckies was LEGAL but the band felt that east west we're ripping off the fans, but as for landmines both the version released in 98 (or when ever it was) and this 'new' version is that it has been released without the bands permission as well as the record company who originally owned the recordings, which is probabley east west!!
EvilNeil

Postby Boba Fettuccine » 23rd Sep 06, 13:46

Aw I feel bad now :(
xxx
Boba Fettuccine

Postby EvilNeil » 25th Sep 06, 15:21

Boba Fettuccine wrote:Aw I feel bad now :(

don't worry about it, i bought Fishing for more luckies and the orignal Landmimes, so we're both guilty!!
EvilNeil

Next

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat