Is This For Real?

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

Postby Ean » 25th Jun 06, 15:38

Still PHUQed wrote:And why is the cover for The Wildhearts Strike Back upside down?

Ah, it seems you've stumbled onto www.woolworths.oz

Sorry... :coat:
Last edited by Ean on 1st Nov 06, 23:58, edited 1 time in total.
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."
Ean

Postby Damian » 25th Jun 06, 17:02

No absolute proof yet that it's not just the recording on CD, rather than the gig on DVD... web guys? Any news?
Damian

Postby Keith Richard » 26th Jun 06, 20:05

Damian wrote:No absolute proof yet that it's not just the recording on CD, rather than the gig on DVD... web guys? Any news?

I think that the track listing runs to 14(?)....these tracks are not the longest The Wildhearts have put to tape. Let's say a CD runs to 70 mins without compression. That allows 5 mins per track......more than enough I'd have said. So why the need for disc number 2? ;-)

You recording experts out there, please correct me if I'm wrong. Perhaps my over optimism!!
cause the chances are good that it wont let you down, like maybe drinking with Keith, or seeing Dolly Parton's tits...
Keith Richard

Postby Ean » 26th Jun 06, 20:35

Close - 15 tracks.

A Break In The Weather only runs to just over an hour, and that got split to two discs, and VDC fits on one disc (just) if you take out all the two second gaps.
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."
Ean

Postby psychodoyle2002 » 26th Jun 06, 23:13

YAY!

I'm hoping for DVD goodness.
Isn't it ironic that not many people know the meaning of the word esoteric?
psychodoyle2002

Postby Keith Richard » 27th Jun 06, 08:34

Ean wrote:Close - 15 tracks.

A Break In The Weather only runs to just over an hour, and that got split to two discs, and VDC fits on one disc (just) if you take out all the two second gaps.

Yep...sadly you have a good point there. Here's another scenario for consideration: Secret Records release the "easier to bring to market" audio recording to test the waters. In the event that sufficient profit is realised, the funds are reinvested into editing, producing and releasing the DVD?

I'm now clutching at straws here.

Cheers, Keith.
cause the chances are good that it wont let you down, like maybe drinking with Keith, or seeing Dolly Parton's tits...
Keith Richard

Postby Damian » 27th Jun 06, 22:42

The Secret Records website has it listed as a DVD rather than a CD...
Damian

Postby Still PHUQed » 28th Jun 06, 07:47

Winning bid £122!! :shock:

I'll wait for the general release and make do without "Everlone".
Still PHUQed

Postby Keith Richard » 28th Jun 06, 09:18

Damian wrote:The Secret Records website has it listed as a DVD rather than a CD...

Yep....clearly states "filmed & recorded live at scarborough Castle 17th September 2005"

I seriously hope they dont go to print using "Georgie in Wonderland"!!!
Keith Richard

Postby greggy » 28th Jun 06, 12:04

Still PHUQed wrote:Winning bid £122!! :shock:

".

I bid £50 then dropped out. Just been offered it via 'Second Chance' for £50. Have e-mailed seller to find out if its single or double or dvd or whatever.

I'll let you know.
The Wildhearts - my drug of choice.
greggy

Postby dyanetski » 28th Jun 06, 13:48

just so everyone knows, i have had a second chance offer too, at £20. He must have lots of them. seems a bit odd to me.
dyanetski

Postby Keith Richard » 28th Jun 06, 16:55

Seriously, no one here on this board, or the mailing list should be even considering buying this of off eBay. Wait til the 24th July and buy it through the appropriate channels. It's the only way Ginger and the boys have any possibility of seeing royalties.
Keith Richard

Postby dyanetski » 28th Jun 06, 18:18

If I could get it for a ok price I would buy it on ebay, but then i would buy the real version too. I am a sucker for rare stuff.
dyanetski

Postby greggy » 28th Jun 06, 19:22

[/quote]

I bid £50 then dropped out. Just been offered it via 'Second Chance' for £50. Have e-mailed seller to find out if its single or double or dvd or whatever.

I'll let you know.[/quote]

Its a single album. I said no, especially after finding it being offered for £20.

I've already pre-ordered it, so don't mind being a bit daft.
The Wildhearts - my drug of choice.
greggy

Postby Still PHUQed » 28th Jun 06, 19:48

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... %3AIT&rd=1

The same seller has relisted it starting at £24.99. Seems a bit dodgy to me that he has so many that he's second chance offering everyone who bid.
Still PHUQed

PreviousNext

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat