New album and tour

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

New album and tour

Postby Owen » 29th Jun 06, 00:22

Just got back from Ginger gig in Bristol, and Ginger announced that there will be a new Wildhearts album and tour by end of the year.

After listening the the CJ interview on Rock n Roll Geek show, I believe the new album is happening because they are contracted to do one.

The gig was a classic as always with all the 'hits' and 'headfuck' and 'girls are better than boys' thrown in.

Tip top

Owen
P.S. As pleased as I am about new Wildhearts album - i hope this does not mean the end of the Sonic Circus
Owen

Postby Damian » 29th Jun 06, 00:59

Aye - it was a great gig.

And how great is the news that the demoed songs are being made into an album. Ginger said that the line-up is "whoever turns up" and I didn't hear mention of a tour, but yes, he did say... ALBUM!

Bit excited and a bit drunk.
Damian

Postby Keith Richard » 29th Jun 06, 08:36

Oh happy happy days!!! Possibly the Scarborough DVD / CD (although this seems to be pending settlement with Ginger), maybe a GATSC album, and now the news that I've been waiting for. 2006 shaping up to be a great one!!

Cheers, Keith.
cause the chances are good that it wont let you down, like maybe drinking with Keith, or seeing Dolly Parton's tits...
Keith Richard

Re: New album and tour

Postby geordierussell » 29th Jun 06, 08:37

Owen wrote:P.S. As pleased as I am about new Wildhearts album - i hope this does not mean the end of the Sonic Circus

I completley agree.
http://www.tinyurl.com/gnr2010
geordierussell

Postby Damian » 29th Jun 06, 10:39

Keith Richard wrote:Possibly the Scarborough DVD / CD (although this seems to be pending settlement with Ginger)

I don't think Ginger's in any hurry to see it released, judging by his comments last night. He said it was a crap show and that you should bootleg it if you can.

Obviously any musician is their own biggest critic, but he's being a bit harsh on himself. There were lots of technical and other problems, but it was still an hour and a bit of greatest hits with a load of pyro and if it wasn't the most celebratory gig they've done, it'll still look great on DVD. The fact that they weren't 'looning around' meant they played better than usual if anything, which is good because sometimes live records are a case of 'you had to be there...'
Damian

Postby Chris Davies » 29th Jun 06, 13:44

great news indeed last night. the cheer when he announced it was amazing . he did mention there'll be a tour but he has no clue who'll be there. also he mentioned that he'll have a new solo album soon. excellent gig gotta say.
Chris Davies

Postby psychodoyle2002 » 29th Jun 06, 14:26

(Jumps up and down unable to do anything other than squeak)
Isn't it ironic that not many people know the meaning of the word esoteric?
psychodoyle2002

Postby SuperJake » 29th Jun 06, 17:10

Great news! Cheered me up greatly!
SuperJake

Postby Piedude » 29th Jun 06, 17:21

Yeah, the cheers for the announcement of that and the tour of of nowhere was a brilliant moment.
"i hope this does not mean the end of the Sonic Circus"
Well he confirmed his new solo album will be out rather soon straight after the Wildhearts news so it doesnt seem like the end for them.
Piedude

Postby Zo » 30th Jun 06, 10:11

I thought the new GATSS album was going to be a collaboration between all of them though, not just solo???
Zo

Postby kris » 30th Jun 06, 14:51

I personaly cant see Ginger laying the Wildhearts to rest forever.
Im sure he once said never say never again with whats happened in the past.
kris

Postby kitescreech » 30th Jun 06, 17:13

:D :D :D
"Today is different and tomorow the same"
kitescreech

Postby weebleboy » 1st Jul 06, 19:45

As long as Ginger's writing and releasing songs I'm happy! The Wildhearts are my favourite 'incarnation', but the Sonic Circus don't deserve to be a flash in the pan either, they've been outstanding every time I've seen them live.

IMO as long as there are more Wildhearts AND Sonic Circus gig's I'll be a very happy bunny!
http://www.facebook.com/Kevin.Burdon.Photography
weebleboy

Postby Sully » 4th Jul 06, 15:46

I'm not suprised by any of this but i'm well fucking chuffed.
Sully

Postby Dave C » 4th Jul 06, 21:14

It's great that the Wildhearts will record and tour again. Without a doubt they are Gingers finest band, however that doesn't mena that I don't enjoy the other projects. Clam Abuse was great fun, Silver Ginger 5 was great retro fun and The Sonic Circus were just awesome. I don't beleive we'll be hearing that last of the Sonic Circus, I really can't wait to hear more of them.
Dave C

Next

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat