"B" side cover versions?

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

"B" side cover versions?

Postby Keith Richard » 4th Jul 06, 13:55

Following on from the "best B side" thread, and granted this is way premature (and I believe already covered on the Mailing List), let's assume that the Wildhearts will go ahead and record a new album. The B sides to single releases are always good.....somtimes better than the A sides. If you were asked, what cover version would you propose that Ginger and Co record for a B side.

I'm a fan of the Kinks and they released a song in 1968 called "I Need You". In my opinion, it begs for a Wildhearts cover. The tempo needs to be cranked up a little, but the song structure and harmony / melody would be a great fit. I have always wondered how it would sound with Ginger and CJ ripping it up.

Cheers Keith.
cause the chances are good that it wont let you down, like maybe drinking with Keith, or seeing Dolly Parton's tits...
Keith Richard

Postby DangerousBeans » 4th Jul 06, 19:17

I'd love to see them go down Geordie in Wonderland territory again and cover something by The Pogues..Sick Bed of Cuchuillan would be great.
DangerousBeans

Postby Dave C » 4th Jul 06, 21:16

I think a version of Kiss' Parasite could be fun.
Dave C

Postby Chris Norway » 5th Jul 06, 01:05

What about doing a really kick-ass-pop-rock version of The Skitzophones´"tits and ass"??

http://web.mac.com/cellings/iWeb/Websted/tunes.html

I think this tune is just mad for a Ginger/CJ workout. What do u think?
Chris Norway

Postby Radish » 5th Jul 06, 08:59

My Sharona by The Knack. Talk about perfect fit. Or something by Carter USM. Or, in a 'back atcha' kind of way, how about a Rolf Harris cover. If he can do Stairway, why not the Wildies doing 2 Little Boys or Sun Arise or something?
Radish

Postby Keith Richard » 5th Jul 06, 13:03

Radish wrote:My Sharona by The Knack. Talk about perfect fit. Or something by Carter USM. Or, in a 'back atcha' kind of way, how about a Rolf Harris cover. If he can do Stairway, why not the Wildies doing 2 Little Boys or Sun Arise or something?

Alice Cooper did a blinding cover of Sun Arise on the '71 album "Love It to Death"
cause the chances are good that it wont let you down, like maybe drinking with Keith, or seeing Dolly Parton's tits...
Keith Richard

Postby dyanetski » 5th Jul 06, 19:49

would love to have Answering Machine on a proper record. :D
dyanetski

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat