Geordie in wonderland / live cd

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

Geordie in wonderland / live cd

Postby skychaserhigh » 10th Jul 06, 20:10

Hi,
Just got my promo copy of the live recording of the scarborough gig,
Gotta say it's much better than i remember,just hope the official release has the dvd aswell then it would be the perfect package.. :twisted:
skychaserhigh

Postby Keith Richard » 10th Jul 06, 21:38

How's the sound mix and production compared with "Strike Back"?
cause the chances are good that it wont let you down, like maybe drinking with Keith, or seeing Dolly Parton's tits...
Keith Richard

Postby skychaserhigh » 11th Jul 06, 19:33

Pretty good, easily as good as strike back plus it really feels like a live show and not live tracks taken from 10 different shows as most live albums seem to be!
skychaserhigh

Postby davejnick » 11th Jul 06, 19:54

skychaserhigh wrote: it really feels like a live show and not live tracks taken from 10 different shows as most live albums seem to be!

Like "Strike Back" was, ya mean? :wink:
How dare you!
davejnick

Postby Piedude » 11th Jul 06, 21:03

Is Everlone on it? Im sure i remember some confusion on here over whether it was on it or not...
Piedude

Postby bennympls » 12th Jul 06, 04:32

I dont know why so many people thought it was a bad gig? I thought it was fantastic! It was hard to hear how good the sound was because everybody was singing along to the songs so loudly! Good news!
bennympls

Postby skychaserhigh » 12th Jul 06, 17:47

Piedude wrote:Is Everlone on it? Im sure i remember some confusion on here over whether it was on it or not...

It's on the promo,not sure about the final release!
skychaserhigh

Postby Keith Richard » 12th Jul 06, 18:09

bennympls wrote:I dont know why so many people thought it was a bad gig? I thought it was fantastic! It was hard to hear how good the sound was because everybody was singing along to the songs so loudly! Good news!

In a nutshell...beer queue, cold wind, technical difficulties, organiser bankruptcy. I had a blast of time, beer queue never seemed that bad when I was waiting, but I did see it grow and grow and grow. Cold weather never affects me, so I was fine in my T shirt. Can't comment on the rest of the stuff. The day was great, the Wildhearts were damn good. It wasn't a "bad gig".
cause the chances are good that it wont let you down, like maybe drinking with Keith, or seeing Dolly Parton's tits...
Keith Richard

Postby Damian » 12th Jul 06, 18:57

It was worth it for The Wildhearts, Terrorvision, 80s Matchbox and the excellent company alone. Getting Robochrist and Plan A and meeting Danny were nice bonuses.

But God was it ever cold!

Funniest bit of the day - as we left, someone shouted "has anyone seen a man with long hair and a leather jacket?"

Lots of laughter. Then after a pause he spoken again - "he's got a disability... he likes Hanoi Rocks". Meow! Mind you, they did nowt for me... sorry...
Damian

Postby skychaserhigh » 12th Jul 06, 19:49

davejnick wrote:
skychaserhigh wrote: it really feels like a live show and not live tracks taken from 10 different shows as most live albums seem to be!

Like "Strike Back" was, ya mean? :wink:

You would be suprised how many live albums use tracks from several diffenent show's, i was just making the point that the album feels more whole because you have the between song chat and the fans cheers e.t.c that we all remember from the show.. :twisted:
skychaserhigh

Postby davejnick » 12th Jul 06, 22:32

And I was making exactly the same point, albeit obviously in a much more cackhanded way than you did! The thing I hate about Strikes Back is the lack of atmosphere on it. I actually listen to my bootlegs more than I listen to that, at least there's some sense of the actual gig on those. I was actually at one of the gigs that Strikes Back was recorded at and listening to it brings back NO memories whatsoever. I think the new 'un will be very different!
How dare you!
davejnick

Postby Cwej » 13th Jul 06, 00:51

I think the problem with '..Strike Back' is that the gigs were structured so the main set / encore would fit a disc each , with the main set of :

I WANNA GO WHERE THE PEOPLE GO
GREETINGS FROM SHITSVILLE
TOP OF THE WORLD
VANILLA RADIO
GIRLFRIEND CLOTHES
BEAUTIFUL THING YOU
SOMEONE WHO WON'T LET ME GO
OCD
CAPRICE

for the first disc , and then a different selection of tracks for the encotre each night which could have then been cherry picked for the second disc . as it was they mixed them all up and the continuity and context was lost .
don't gimme your manson lamps
Cwej

Postby kitescreech » 16th Jul 06, 19:18

Is there a release date ?
"Today is different and tomorow the same"
kitescreech

Postby Chris Davies » 16th Jul 06, 19:48

a week monday :P
Chris Davies

Postby Gigantor » 20th Jul 06, 16:18

Here you go:

http://www.snappermusic.com/item11666?startPos=