Endless, Nameless

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

Postby blackdeathcrew » 2nd Aug 06, 13:17

A bit controversial maybe, but i think the EN tour was one of the best tours :wink:
blackdeathcrew

Postby Ean » 2nd Aug 06, 20:17

I guess it saved leaving the house after they cancelled it... :wink:

If you've got a decent set of headphones, try listening to EN through them - all the detail's there, you just have to mentally filter out the noise (most of which, as previously mentioned, is actually the drums, so let the rhythm drop into the background a bit).
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."
Ean

Postby SchitzoStu » 2nd Aug 06, 22:54

If you can find the TOTP performance of Anthem, it just proves what a strong song it is.

The album is fulll of great tunes,

I personally think it's genius and deserves to recognised as such!
SchitzoStu

Postby WiredOut » 3rd Aug 06, 11:45

Ross wrote:
Did you see the Endless Nameless tour??? :shock: :shock: :shock:

I was actually deaf the next day and couldn't hear high frequencies for a week!!!

That was the first time I saw The Wildhearts; in 1997, in Glasgow. It was just a mind-buggering maelstrom of noise. Cool, though.

I loved the way the gig started with the giant crashing of the Anthem drumbeat in the dark, then the lights coming on just as the riff kicked in. The first moment I saw The Wildies in the flesh!

I brought along a friend who was casually into the band, and he just stood semi-shellshocked at a side-wall of the gig the whole time. At the end his attitude was pretty much: "What in the fuck was all that about?" :)

I remember reading once that none of the band could remember anything about the entire two-week tour.
'C'mon, make me feel like me.'
WiredOut

Postby The ? Formally Known As.. » 3rd Aug 06, 11:59

Can't remember where I got these scans, think it was off an Angel Biscuits cd on the hub(?).
From a Metal Hammer interview in 2003...

Image Image Image Image Image
Last edited by The ? Formally Known As.. on 4th Aug 06, 12:11, edited 1 time in total.
...also answers to 'Luke'.
The ? Formally Known As..

Postby Ean » 3rd Aug 06, 12:45

Any chance you could upload the fourth page again? It won't let me blow it up so you can read the text.

Cheers. :D
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."
Ean

Postby EvilNeil » 3rd Aug 06, 12:54

yeah that's the metal hammer interview i was on about in an earlier post!! it's quite an intresting read!! hopefully this will stop people from thinking it was all studio trickery!!
EvilNeil

Postby The ? Formally Known As.. » 4th Aug 06, 12:11

Ean wrote:Any chance you could upload the fourth page again? It won't let me blow it up so you can read the text.

What d'yeh wanna go reading for? Y'know it'll only end in tears... :cry: :twisted:

Umn... there we go! Now I'll just pretend it was like that from the start and no one will be the wiser... :wink:

...also answers to 'Luke'.
The ? Formally Known As..

Postby Ean » 4th Aug 06, 12:48

cuntastic*shenanigans wrote:
Ean wrote:Any chance you could upload the fourth page again? It won't let me blow it up so you can read the text.

What d'yeh wanna go reading for? Y'know it'll only end in tears... :cry: :twisted:

I didn't really... I just wanted a big picture of Tattyheid playing with his nipples! Image

Ta very much. :D
Ean Ü

Ean

Previous

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat