Endless, Nameless

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

Postby EvilNeil » 27th Jul 06, 08:11

Ross wrote:
Lord Iffy Boatrace wrote: the song i dont like is sounddog babylon

Oh... :( I love that tune... Particularly the bit where it breaks down and goes all drum and bass. That bit's awesome! I wished they'd plumbed that vein a little more... (can you guess one of my fave bsides is Zomboid! :twisted: )

HELL YEAH!! zomboid kicks arse!!i always thought zomboid should have been on the album instead of heroin!!
EvilNeil

Postby Ross » 27th Jul 06, 08:44

Funny though... When they played it live it didn't have the same spark... It sounded, dare I say, a bit boring... Maybe it was the lack of gonzo distortion and weird squeaks and squawks...
Ross

Postby EvilNeil » 27th Jul 06, 12:23

yeah, i saw em play it at the cambridge junction and then ended it with the ending from sounddog babylon, it was a bit odd!! :shock: :shock:
EvilNeil

Postby blackdeathcrew » 30th Jul 06, 14:57

The good old Endless Nameless debate eh :lol:

You either love it or hate it. Personally i love it, and thinks its a work of genius :twisted:
blackdeathcrew

Postby SteveP » 30th Jul 06, 18:42

I would actually like to hear a studio recording of the whole album and the b sides of the 2 single, just to hear what they'd be like, not that I'd change the album anyway, it's fabulous
23 Pictures In A Tent....

'The bus is gannin fuckin neewhere'
SteveP

Postby horrid_jon » 31st Jul 06, 00:11

SteveP wrote:I would actually like to hear a studio recording of the whole album and the b sides of the 2 single, just to hear what they'd be like, not that I'd change the album anyway, it's fabulous

Wasn't Endless Nameless recorded in a studio? Do you mean without distortion etc.?
horrid_jon

Postby EvilNeil » 31st Jul 06, 08:31

i've lost count the amount of times i've said this already on this board!! the 'destortion' on Endless, Nameless wasn't a studio effect, that's how the band sounded when just got into a room and played!! so asking for a version without all that lovely noise is like asking to listen to a completely different album. if you want easy listening then listen to the Wildhearts must be destroyed, that's not a dig at ..must be destroyed by the way!!! the fact your asking for a easier to listen version/ different version of a paticular alum indicates to me you obviously don't get the album!!!
EvilNeil

Postby markE » 31st Jul 06, 10:29

endless nameless always reminds me of being in the bar queue at a gig when a band you love comes on in the next room. you can tell it's a quality but song the sound just sounds a bit muffled :?
why do i have to ignore you to get your attention?
markE

Postby SteveP » 31st Jul 06, 14:48

horrid_jon wrote:
SteveP wrote:I would actually like to hear a studio recording of the whole album and the b sides of the 2 single, just to hear what they'd be like, not that I'd change the album anyway, it's fabulous

Wasn't Endless Nameless recorded in a studio? Do you mean without distortion etc.?

Yeah, sorry Jon, that's what I meant d'oh
23 Pictures In A Tent....

'The bus is gannin fuckin neewhere'
SteveP

Postby Col » 31st Jul 06, 15:43

EvilNeil wrote:i've lost count the amount of times i've said this already on this board!! the 'destortion' on Endless, Nameless wasn't a studio effect, that's how the band sounded when just got into a room and played!!!

That's not the way I read that it happened. I'd read (somewhere) that Ginger whent back into the studio and added the noise etc.

Perhaps a question for ask Ginger?
Col

Postby EvilNeil » 31st Jul 06, 16:37

Col wrote:
EvilNeil wrote:i've lost count the amount of times i've said this already on this board!! the 'destortion' on Endless, Nameless wasn't a studio effect, that's how the band sounded when just got into a room and played!!!

That's not the way I read that it happened. I'd read (somewhere) that Ginger whent back into the studio and added the noise etc.

well i don't know where you read that, when i met Rich Battersby a couple of years ago, he said people were always asking him if there is any different mix's of the album any where, and he said the same as what i said, that's how they sounded when they played. as far as i'm aware the only bit that Ginger went on his own to do was the middle bit of 'why you lie' (the bit with just drums before it says mummy) other than that everything is all live. the reason the drums sound synthesized is because they used a device called a d-drum covered by a carpet, which is how they achieve the sonic boom sound effects!! and Danny used a rapture pedal i believe. just before ...must be destroyed came out there was an interview in metal hammer with ginger and Danny on how they made Endless, Nameless which also confirms that the 'noise' is not a add on! i should still have it somewhere, if i can find it i'll scan it or sumit!!
EvilNeil

Postby Damian » 31st Jul 06, 16:58

Col wrote:

Wasn't it down to Ralph Jezzard's "Studio One" production? That's what I remember reading at the time. There was no recording without that noise because that's the way it was made, but I defy any band to actually *play* like that...
Damian

Postby Col » 31st Jul 06, 18:28

Aye, looks like I might have read it wrong. From Ginger Q&A:

What do Ritch, Danny and Jef now think of the production of Endless, Nameless? Are there any regrets from them, or yourself, that it doesn't have a "cleaner" sound?

Not really sure, or concerned, what they think of it... I love it! I'd hate to hear a clean mix. Besides, it'd be impossible as all the distortion was put onto tape
Col

Postby Ross » 1st Aug 06, 15:46

Damian wrote:
Col wrote:

Wasn't it down to Ralph Jezzard's "Studio One" production? That's what I remember reading at the time. There was no recording without that noise because that's the way it was made, but I defy any band to actually *play* like that...

Did you see the Endless Nameless tour??? :shock: :shock: :shock:

I was actually deaf the next day and couldn't hear high frequencies for a week!!!
Ross

Postby nig1012 » 1st Aug 06, 22:09

that tour woz amazing the songs off that cd sounded awesome like nurse maximum, urge, junkenstein and pissjoy wow i wish they`d start playin those songs again
nig1012

PreviousNext

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat