Wildhearts guitar picks?

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

Wildhearts guitar picks?

Postby Gigantor » 8th Aug 06, 12:48

Anybody out there got a Wildhearts guitar pick to spare?
I'm a guitar pick geek and I'd really love a WH pick but they're quite hard to come by.
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
Image

www.gigantor.de
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
Gigantor
 
Posts: 63
Joined: 19th Feb 06, 13:42
Location: Hannover, Rock City!

Postby fluffygrue » 8th Aug 06, 17:30

Not that I'm willing to part with any of them, but any plecs I've got from WH gigs really aren't much to look at.

As for ones with the Smileybones logo on, nah, I've never seen one. :/
fluffygrue
 
Posts: 533
Joined: 23rd Feb 06, 14:47
Location: Manchester, UK

Postby andy_b » 9th Aug 06, 09:07

Think the only pick I have that isn't just a standard pick is an SG5 one - kinda triangular, silver and shiney, with 5 little holes around the embossed SG5 logo in the middle - very cool!

The only other one of note is a steel plectrum from a solo show of some description a while back. Never seen metal plectrums before or since, but I though it was kinda fitting :)

Andy B
User avatar
andy_b
Moderator
 
Posts: 396
Joined: 3rd Mar 06, 10:20
Location: Nottingham

Postby Gigantor » 9th Aug 06, 09:29

fluffygrue wrote:Not that I'm willing to part with any of them, but any plecs I've got from WH gigs really aren't much to look at.

As for ones with the Smileybones logo on, nah, I've never seen one. :/


Yeah, of course I mean the Smileybones logo plec, not generic ones. ;)
I've never seen any on ebay or so. SG5 plecs yes, but no WH. :cry:
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
Image

www.gigantor.de
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
Gigantor
 
Posts: 63
Joined: 19th Feb 06, 13:42
Location: Hannover, Rock City!

Postby Ross » 9th Aug 06, 09:53

andy_b wrote:Think the only pick I have that isn't just a standard pick is an SG5 one - kinda triangular, silver and shiney, with 5 little holes around the embossed SG5 logo in the middle - very cool!

The only other one of note is a steel plectrum from a solo show of some description a while back. Never seen metal plectrums before or since, but I though it was kinda fitting :)

Andy B


You mean this one
Image

How's it going Andy?
Image
Ross
 
Posts: 600
Joined: 1st Mar 06, 16:28
Location: Leicester UK

Postby andy_b » 9th Aug 06, 10:01

Ross wrote:You mean this one
Image


Kinda like that, although my SG5 one is more...sparkly - kinda like that hologram type stuff. I'll have to find it and put a picture up.

The one in your picture looks like it's metal - is it? Cos mine is plastic - the metal one I have is just plain with no logo on it.

Ross wrote:How's it going Andy?

Not bad mate! And you? Still need to get to see you playing your solo stuff. I think I've got more free time around October!

Andy B
User avatar
andy_b
Moderator
 
Posts: 396
Joined: 3rd Mar 06, 10:20
Location: Nottingham

Postby Ross » 9th Aug 06, 12:32

It is metal... \m/ *ahem*

I'm good... Am now engaged to my lovely lady (don't know if you knew that) and we've just bought a house in Leicester so I've been up to my eyeballs in DIY, unpacking and god knows what else. Finally did the last bit of drilling that was needed yesterday thank god. Otherwise cool... Is October the wedding?
Image
Ross
 
Posts: 600
Joined: 1st Mar 06, 16:28
Location: Leicester UK

Postby andy_b » 9th Aug 06, 16:31

Ross wrote:It is metal... \m/ *ahem*

I'm good... Am now engaged to my lovely lady (don't know if you knew that) and we've just bought a house in Leicester so I've been up to my eyeballs in DIY, unpacking and god knows what else. Finally did the last bit of drilling that was needed yesterday thank god. Otherwise cool... Is October the wedding?

Nice one fella! So you're getting all settled down then? I know the feeling! I've had my house just over 2 years now and I'm still doing DIY :lol:

The wedding is a week on satuday, and it's come around really damn quick! You got a date in mind for yours yet then?

Andy B
User avatar
andy_b
Moderator
 
Posts: 396
Joined: 3rd Mar 06, 10:20
Location: Nottingham

Postby SteveP » 9th Aug 06, 19:58

andy_b wrote:
Ross wrote:You mean this one
Image


Kinda like that, although my SG5 one is more...sparkly - kinda like that hologram type stuff. I'll have to find it and put a picture up.

The one in your picture looks like it's metal - is it? Cos mine is plastic - the metal one I have is just plain with no logo on it.

Ross wrote:How's it going Andy?

Not bad mate! And you? Still need to get to see you playing your solo stuff. I think I've got more free time around October!

Andy B


I think it's just the way the picture has come out, I think you have the same pick. It just depends on which angle you look at it that determines how much of the Silver Ginger 5 text you can see. I know this because I have one too :D
23 Pictures In A Tent....

'The bus is gannin fuckin neewhere'
User avatar
SteveP
 
Posts: 907
Joined: 10th Feb 06, 15:34
Location: Chester le St.

Postby Ross » 10th Aug 06, 09:31

andy_b wrote:
Ross wrote:It is metal... \m/ *ahem*

I'm good... Am now engaged to my lovely lady (don't know if you knew that) and we've just bought a house in Leicester so I've been up to my eyeballs in DIY, unpacking and god knows what else. Finally did the last bit of drilling that was needed yesterday thank god. Otherwise cool... Is October the wedding?

Nice one fella! So you're getting all settled down then? I know the feeling! I've had my house just over 2 years now and I'm still doing DIY :lol:

The wedding is a week on satuday, and it's come around really damn quick! You got a date in mind for yours yet then?

Andy B


Next year... Spring sometime... It's not going to be anything big, just family and then a big party after. That'll do nicely!
Image
Ross
 
Posts: 600
Joined: 1st Mar 06, 16:28
Location: Leicester UK

Postby andy_b » 17th Aug 06, 08:49

SteveP wrote:I think it's just the way the picture has come out, I think you have the same pick. It just depends on which angle you look at it that determines how much of the Silver Ginger 5 text you can see. I know this because I have one too :D


Hmm...still haven't found it but mine is definitely plastic, and now I think more about it, I don't think the logo is printed in black ink. It's more etched into the plastic.

Gonna have to turn the house upside down now to find the blasted thing. After the weekend and wedding though!

Andy B
User avatar
andy_b
Moderator
 
Posts: 396
Joined: 3rd Mar 06, 10:20
Location: Nottingham

Postby andy_b » 17th Aug 06, 08:51

Ross wrote:Next year... Spring sometime... It's not going to be anything big, just family and then a big party after. That'll do nicely!

Sounds like a good idea - the less you have to do and organise the better. This week has been pretty busy doing all the last minute stuff for ours (still haven't got all of the suits yet).
Hope it goes well for you anyway when it comes round, although I'm sure I'll bump into you before then!

Andy B
User avatar
andy_b
Moderator
 
Posts: 396
Joined: 3rd Mar 06, 10:20
Location: Nottingham

Postby beerofthedark » 17th Aug 06, 09:07

Good luck with all the weddings, people.
Regardless of how small you keep it it'll still end up with way more planning than you expect. I don't mean that in a bad way, just that there's stuff that comes up that you never even think of before popping the question.
Sam and me tie the knot in September and pretty much every conversation for months has come round to wedding stuff. not that i'm complaining! *looks guiltily over shoulder for Sam*
"I have a barrel of opinions
lonely, lonely
I am everlone, everlone"
beerofthedark
 
Posts: 457
Joined: 28th Feb 06, 17:28
Location: East London

Postby andy_b » 17th Aug 06, 09:38

beerofthedark wrote:Good luck with all the weddings, people.
Regardless of how small you keep it it'll still end up with way more planning than you expect. I don't mean that in a bad way, just that there's stuff that comes up that you never even think of before popping the question.
Sam and me tie the knot in September and pretty much every conversation for months has come round to wedding stuff. not that i'm complaining! *looks guiltily over shoulder for Sam*


Blimey! We're all getting hitched! Yeah, the topics of Ruth's and my conversations have been pretty limited of late as well. I'm actually looking forward to after the event and honeymoon when we can just sit down when we get home and not have to worry about anything else!

Good luck for yours big day Andy :)

Andy B
User avatar
andy_b
Moderator
 
Posts: 396
Joined: 3rd Mar 06, 10:20
Location: Nottingham

Postby beerofthedark » 17th Aug 06, 13:29

Cheers mate, and the same right back atcha.
"I have a barrel of opinions
lonely, lonely
I am everlone, everlone"
beerofthedark
 
Posts: 457
Joined: 28th Feb 06, 17:28
Location: East London

Next

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

cron