hmv dvd "Live At Scarborough Castle"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

Postby Keith Richard » 7th Sep 06, 12:28

chris_j wrote:
Keith Richard wrote:Danny, Danny, Danny.......

Danny wrote:Crowd Crowd Crowd!!

I felt a bit sorry for Rich to be honest cos it was his triumphant return to the band too and no one was chanting for him :-( We would've tried to start a Richy Rich Richy chant but there were only two of us and I we'd've looked stupid when no one else joined in....

Abosultely agree. Rich played a blinder that went pretty much unnoticed. Suppose much of the problem was that he was way back, and "buried" behind his kit. Danny was right out there and clearly in grand spirits, which no doubt fuelled the chanting. To say that the others were ignored is stretching it somewhat (not that you are saying that). Would / will be great to have the next album recorded by the Scarborough line-up.
cause the chances are good that it wont let you down, like maybe drinking with Keith, or seeing Dolly Parton's tits...
Keith Richard

Postby SuperJake » 9th Sep 06, 16:51

http://youtube.com/watch?v=aZkMubrXt74 Scarborough preview, Vanilla radio :D.
SuperJake

Postby Andy Santiago » 9th Sep 06, 17:09

I have no idea why this gig is so fondly remembered.
The sound was shite,the band looked far from into it and I can honestly say that it was the worst Wildhearts gig I have ever been to.
I just hope that this shoddy DVD is not the Wildhearts epitaph as that would be an insult to one of the greatest UK bands ever.
Still gonna buy the bastard thing though! :twisted:
"So I fucked your sister,
Tried it on with your mother,
Kicked the shit out of your brother
But darling, I always loved you."

Love Song #666
Andy Santiago

Postby Piedude » 9th Sep 06, 17:21

Can anyone with keener ears tell if thats the same mix as the cd?
Piedude

Postby Ean » 9th Sep 06, 19:41

They sound pretty different to me, although it could just be down to the low quality of the clip. It's more bassy on the vid and the guitars are lower in the mix. The CD mix of Vanilla Radio is pretty good though - for some reason it got a whole lot better after Geordie.... :?
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."
Ean

Postby Damian » 9th Sep 06, 23:36

My fond memories were based round the whole thing. I think if I had just driven there and back that day I might have thought of the cold, the fact that the band didn't look too happy (Ginger at least) and so on.

But what it was for me was pitching up there for the first time in a very nice B&B on the Friday, walking down paths to the beach, wandering round and up to the castle, going to a pub and meeting lots of cool people for the first time, going to the castle next day and lying in the sun outside with the aforementioned (it was still warm then), then the music, a night-time walk back to the B&B up the same coastal paths, breakfast at a beach cafe the next day...

And of course The Wildhearts, even if it wasn't their best show. And Terrorvision (never anything less than legendary live), Eighties Matchbox, Plan A and Robochrist.

I just had a great weekend. I still intend to go back there sometime.
Damian

Postby beerofthedark » 11th Sep 06, 08:42

Damian wrote:My fond memories were based round the whole thing. I think if I had just driven there and back that day I might have thought of the cold, the fact that the band didn't look too happy (Ginger at least) and so on.

But what it was for me was pitching up there for the first time in a very nice B&B on the Friday, walking down paths to the beach, wandering round and up to the castle, going to a pub and meeting lots of cool people for the first time, going to the castle next day and lying in the sun outside with the aforementioned (it was still warm then), then the music, a night-time walk back to the B&B up the same coastal paths, breakfast at a beach cafe the next day...

And of course The Wildhearts, even if it wasn't their best show. And Terrorvision (never anything less than legendary live), Eighties Matchbox, Plan A and Robochrist.

I just had a great weekend. I still intend to go back there sometime.

What he said.
"I have a barrel of opinions
lonely, lonely
I am everlone, everlone"
beerofthedark

Postby Keith Richard » 11th Sep 06, 10:58

SuperJake wrote:http://youtube.com/watch?v=aZkMubrXt74 Scarborough preview, Vanilla radio :D.

Kind of like a highlights of the entire show, played to VR. Cant comment on the sound quality since it sounds tinny as fuck on my piece of shite laptop. Didn't actually LOOK that bad though. Regardless of how much Secret manage to fuck up the sound, it's still gonna be a great memory of the day.
cause the chances are good that it wont let you down, like maybe drinking with Keith, or seeing Dolly Parton's tits...
Keith Richard

Postby Gigantor » 12th Sep 06, 14:54

The preview doesn't look too shabby, but I've ordered the DVD anyhow *before*. :D
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

www.gigantor.de
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
Gigantor

Postby Andy » 14th Sep 06, 12:12

Andy

Postby Assmask » 14th Sep 06, 13:41

I just ordererd it.

Exciting, isn't it :lol:
8==m==D
8=m===D
8===m=D
8m====D--=__

The Big Grizzly

https://www.facebook.com/biggrizzlyband
Assmask

Postby Ady » 17th Sep 06, 15:25

Damian wrote: just had a great weekend.

Me too, can't believe it's a year ago to the day....gone so fast.
Life has teeth, and bites the feeding open hand.

http://www.twitter.com/adycolclough
Ady

Postby Damian » 17th Sep 06, 15:36

Ady wrote:
Damian wrote: just had a great weekend.

Me too, can't believe it's a year ago to the day....gone so fast.

Blimey! So it is... and yes it has.

I doubt that the exact experience will be repeated due to the problems they had, but I hope Ginger still feels like organising something that's more an event than a gig at some point...
Damian

Postby Andy » 8th Oct 06, 13:31

Andy

Previous

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat