Just in lust 10" vinyl single miss pressing??

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

Just in lust 10" vinyl single miss pressing??

Postby jonesy jones » 7th Sep 06, 19:18

Hi,

My first post so be kind!!

I was given recently a copy of Just in lust on 10" vinyl and the b-side's are completely different to the cd single.

Has anyone else found this and if so what are these tracks - as they sound as if they could be Wildhearts related - I have eveything the wildhearts has released including rarities and the tracks are no where else in my collection.

Many thanks,

J
jonesy jones

Postby Ean » 7th Sep 06, 19:34

Don't suppose you could post 'em somewhere so we could have a listen? :?
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."
Ean

Postby jonesy jones » 8th Sep 06, 19:24

Now totally confused to what these tracks are - not only are they different to the ones on the cd but also play at a different speed to the ones on the a-side (Just in lust / Mindslide).
I have copied them via vinyl - tape - pc format so they are of fair to decent quality - If anyone wants a copy - and can shed some light on these tracks that would be great!

I have no way of hosting them on the web - but will email copies to anyone who does have the ability to host the tracks.

Cheers

Steve
jonesy jones

Postby Ean » 8th Sep 06, 19:31

Don't know about hosting them, but I'll have a listen if you want to email them to me, my addy is on my profile.
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."
Ean

Postby Ean » 8th Sep 06, 20:16

Cheers for that...

Um, well, christ knows what you've got there - couldn't even tag them using Shazam. They sound a bit suedey but it sounds like Debbie Harry singing. :?

You could try emailing Ginger - check the contacts page - to see if he knows anything. It's probably just a pressing oddity, or someone playing silly buggers on their last day or something. Might be worth something to someone though.
Ean Ü

Ean

Postby JasonH » 16th Sep 06, 16:10

I've heard about this one a few times cos people keep asking me about discography things, so there's a few of them around. Dunno what it is though 'cos I don't own a copy. Here's a tip that may be useful - check the matrix number beyond the run-out groove - if it's been mispressed from a different master plate then that should include the catalogue number of the other record. Perhaps then a little internet search trickery will tell us what it is!

Cheers
Jason
JasonH

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat