What's the coolest song played live??

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

Postby Ean » 26th Sep 06, 17:39

kriscoverdale wrote:
skychaserhigh wrote:I Love Everlone but they seldom played it live, :cry:

Cough, cough.

That's my standard nip to the loo and then the bar song: it's long enough for both and I've heard it at nearly every WH gig I've ever been too. Great song, but a little over-exposed methinks. It looks like great fun to play tho, which is probably why they always wheel it out.

Yep, have to agree here... (although I didn't want to reply to the original post 'cos I thought there might be sarcasm at work :? )

Somewhat annoyingly, there was one tour where it wasn't part of the setlist, but the buggers chucked it in for the Wolvo gig at the expense of Dangerlust (Nooo :cry: ). I think it might have been the ones they recorded for Strike Back.

I've only ever heard it played live once, back in '95 I think. It's a conspiracy I tells ya! :roll:
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."
Ean

Postby beerofthedark » 27th Sep 06, 10:04

Can't agree with y'all on Everlone I'm afraid - I absolutely love it when they play it live. That huuge intro, those circling riffs, shoutalong chorus - it's all there, plus it's a stonker of a song anyway.
That said, the coolest ever was Urge live. 8)
"I have a barrel of opinions
lonely, lonely
I am everlone, everlone"
beerofthedark

Postby Damian » 27th Sep 06, 10:25

...and of course the opportunity to shout FUCK IT! very loudly.
Damian

Postby kriscoverdale » 27th Sep 06, 13:01

beerofthedark wrote:Can't agree with y'all on Everlone I'm afraid - I absolutely love it when they play it live. That huuge intro, those circling riffs, shoutalong chorus - it's all there, plus it's a stonker of a song anyway.

Don't get me wrong - it's a great song - I've just seen it live a few too many times and hence yearn for more obscure songs to make their way into the setlist to add variety :)
kriscoverdale

Postby Still PHUQed » 28th Sep 06, 10:53

Was never a big fan of Caprice on PHUQ but live... it's something else. Always a good one to end the night on.
Still PHUQed

Postby kitescreech » 28th Sep 06, 12:38

I love "Answering Machine" live - so much so that I bought the CD its on ("Let it Be" by The Replacements). What can I say - Gingers version is SOOOOOOOOOOO much better.
"Today is different and tomorow the same"
kitescreech

Postby andy_b » 28th Sep 06, 13:20

kitescreech wrote:I love "Answering Machine" live - so much so that I bought the CD its on ("Let it Be" by The Replacements). What can I say - Gingers version is SOOOOOOOOOOO much better.

The Japanese version of Valor Del Corazon has three extra live tracks on it - one of which is "Answering Machine", and it does sound good. Dunno where it was recorded as the sleeve notes are all in Japanese!

Andy B
andy_b

Previous

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat