Scarborough DVD on it's way

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

Postby psychodoyle2002 » 25th Oct 06, 10:51

There was a shop nearby who a friend of mine runs and they got their delivery last wednesday, and promptly told me, unfortunately despite owning it I didn't actually get to see it until monday lol.

I loved it, I thought the fuck-ups and sound issues added to the fun, like the guitars messing up in Everlone and Ginger throwing his away, that was great, and Geordie will go down as one of the best live DVD moments ever, that's magic.
Isn't it ironic that not many people know the meaning of the word esoteric?
psychodoyle2002

Postby blackdeathcrew » 25th Oct 06, 16:48

Well, after giving up on Play.com ever delivering my copy, i cant find it in my local HMV - they said theyre not going to be stocking it but could order it for me. But that could take up to 4 weeks to come :shock:
blackdeathcrew

Postby tex » 25th Oct 06, 21:22

I cancelled my Play order on Tuesday and ordered it from Amazon instead.
Cost a couple of quid extra on p+p but I got it this morning!!!!!

Off work on Friday so I'm gonna settle down with a couple of cold ones and crank it up real loud!!!!

Get in!!!!!
Did you lie to us, Tony?
tex

Postby Piedude » 26th Oct 06, 16:08

Play.com must have finally got some in, just dispatched mine
Piedude

Postby ArcticFox » 26th Oct 06, 16:21

And mine! :D
ArcticFox

Postby SuperJake » 26th Oct 06, 18:32

Damnit, send it stillhaven't dispatched mine :( .
SuperJake

Postby TV Tan » 27th Oct 06, 10:54

I went to HMV in Manchester to get mine on Monday and sure enough they had all of 2 of them on the shelves but anyone in manchester and can travel to Ashton they have a couple in woolworths there. Well they did last night.

Good Luck Guys
I'M IN LOVE WITH THE ROCK AND ROLL WORLD
TV Tan

Postby Damian » 30th Oct 06, 12:39

For the whole weekend my item was "Being packed" and today it's "Ready for dispatch". This leaves me with a comedic image of how Sendit's postroom works. I reckon they've got a load of jiffy bags that are too small and they were cutting them up and trying to creatively paste them together - then the DVD got stuck to the glue and they had to pull it out and start again - and so on. That took all weekend and now it's sitting on the table waiting for someone to have the inclination to get up and take it down the post office.
Damian

Postby Ean » 30th Oct 06, 18:30

Damian wrote:For the whole weekend my item was "Being packed" and today it's "Ready for dispatch". This leaves me with a comedic image of how Sendit's postroom works. I reckon they've got a load of jiffy bags that are too small and they were cutting them up and trying to creatively paste them together - then the DVD got stuck to the glue and they had to pull it out and start again - and so on. That took all weekend and now it's sitting on the table waiting for someone to have the inclination to get up and take it down the post office.

You've missed out the stage where they're all standing around 'weighing it' in their hands and trying to work out whether they can get away with bunging a first class stamp on it. :?
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."
Ean

Postby Damian » 30th Oct 06, 18:36

You're right. There was probably a period (say, 3-9am on Monday morning) where it sat at 'being assessed' status. Let's look again...

... it's still "Ready for dispatch". Nobody's gone down the post office yet.
Damian

Postby Ean » 30th Oct 06, 18:45

Damian wrote:You're right. There was probably a period (say, 3-9am on Monday morning) where it sat at 'being assessed' status. Let's look again...

... it's still "Ready for dispatch". Nobody's gone down the post office yet.

'Course not... It's twenty-to-six on a monday evening. Ernie in parcel despatch knocks off at 4.30.

Besides, it's dark out there - can't have precious employees dicing with death trying to cross the road to the postbox...
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."
Ean

Postby Damian » 31st Oct 06, 11:42

It's still "Ready for despatch".

Their help section says:

"Once an item changes to 'ready for despatch' it will stay at this status for 24-48 hours after which it will change to 'item shipped' once the order has been sent."

Did a 5-year-old write that?
Damian

Postby Ean » 31st Oct 06, 18:06

Damian wrote:"Once an item changes to 'ready for despatch' it will stay at this status for 24-48 hours after which it will change to 'item shipped' once the order has been sent."

Did a 5-year-old write that?

Nah, probably a web designer.

But it's easy to see how you could be mistaken. :wink: :wink: :wink:
Ean Ü

Ean

Postby Keith Richard » 31st Oct 06, 19:23

The more I watch the DVD, the more the "technicalities" blend in to the background, and the more the quality and thunderous brutality prevails.
cause the chances are good that it wont let you down, like maybe drinking with Keith, or seeing Dolly Parton's tits...
Keith Richard

Postby Damian » 31st Oct 06, 22:52

Well, Post Boy Ernie clearly decided to drop by the post office as he clocked off today - it has been despatched. Hopefully in a Royal Mail van, rather than him walking it all the way to Bristol in person.

Ean, being a web designer myself, I can only ... agree.
Damian

PreviousNext

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat