Scarborough DVD on it's way

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

Postby Michael Wade » 1st Nov 06, 03:04

Mine arrived today from HMV. Benny is over and we are drinking Strongbow watching it whilst the little kids come by looking for candy. All I can say is God Bless the United Kingdom. That was a great day and this DVD is better than we all thought it would be.
Michael Wade

Postby Mondoakimbo » 1st Nov 06, 09:03

Abit late off the mark as I was wanting to buy it instore with my vouchers. But better late than never, just ordered the Scarborough DVD, and preordered the God Damn Whores and Ginger/Howlin willy CDs at the same time. A pretty productive shoppin trip I must say. Now bring on the postie!!!! :D
Mondoakimbo

Postby SuperJake » 1st Nov 06, 16:13

Damian wrote:Well, Post Boy Ernie clearly decided to drop by the post office as he clocked off today - it has been despatched. Hopefully in a Royal Mail van, rather than him walking it all the way to Bristol in person.

Ean, being a web designer myself, I can only ... agree.

You had exaclty the same situation as me.
SuperJake

Postby Gigantor » 1st Nov 06, 16:29

Yep, got it now, too.
The whole thing is OK, I guess. You can see that G. is really touched by the end of "Geordie..." which is really nice to watch but the guitar smashing later on is really pathetic especially when it's done TWO times. :roll:
Also the "5.1" sound doesn't deserve its name. It's more like 3.0 or something.

Other than that, it's fine. Except for the "rocket guitar". ;)

Looking forward the GOD DAMN WHORES CD. Yay!
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

www.gigantor.de
Gigantor

Postby shockingcandy » 1st Nov 06, 16:38

Gigantor wrote:

!

:lol: yeah that did look a bit riduclous in the cold light of day.
shockingcandy

Postby Keith Richard » 1st Nov 06, 18:07

Gigantor wrote:.....but the guitar smashing later on is really pathetic especially when it's done TWO times. :roll:

It's all rock n roll, man.
cause the chances are good that it wont let you down, like maybe drinking with Keith, or seeing Dolly Parton's tits...
Keith Richard

Postby Gigantor » 2nd Nov 06, 14:46

Keith Richard wrote:It's all rock n roll, man.

Yeah, I guess... :lol:

www.gigantor.de
Gigantor

Postby Damian » 2nd Nov 06, 16:02

I like the fact that he's not afraid to try something to see if it works or not. Remember the pillows at the SG5 Astoria gig?

For the record, the flaming guitar made me smile. That's half the point surely?
Damian

Postby SuperJake » 2nd Nov 06, 20:30

Arrived today! It's quite considerably better than the cd, it's almost a completely different gig. That version of geordie is amazing, I'm well impressed, soo much better than I was expecting.
SuperJake

Postby Ady » 3rd Nov 06, 16:13

SuperJake wrote:Arrived today! It's quite considerably better than the cd, it's almost a completely different gig. That version of geordie is amazing, I'm well impressed, soo much better than I was expecting.

True enough, it's a great dvd, glad to be in the digital age as it would have been worn out by the end of the week on VHS.

It's all good though it is depressing to see that i look like i'm shouting the wrong words to the intro to 'headfuck' which makes me look like a right loon, esp since i class that as my fave song ever.
Life has teeth, and bites the feeding open hand.

http://www.twitter.com/adycolclough
Ady

Postby Damian » 4th Nov 06, 02:38

Got mine today. Had a quick skim - really looks good, and Ginger looks a lot happier than I recall him seeming on the day. Will watch properly tomorrow.
Damian

Postby Gimpston » 9th Nov 06, 00:37

I thinks it is an ace DVD and am glad we finally have it although the guitar seems to mess up a bit in the last couple of songs but this is remedied by the fact you see me about 4 times. although i look like i'm picking my nose the 1st time you see me :oops:
Love You (Til' I Don't)

GIMPSTON x X x
Gimpston

Postby Ean » 9th Nov 06, 01:42

Gimpston wrote:I thinks it is an ace DVD and am glad we finally have it although the guitar seems to mess up a bit in the last couple of songs

Yeah, I noticed that. I think, though, that it's a problem with the recording equipment rather than a guitar problem because nobody on stage seems to respond to the sound cutting out - I'm pretty sure it's Ginger's guitar too, and he's pretty short with gear that's breaking down (he chucked the flying 'V' over the amps during Everlone(?) 'cos it wasn't right). :?
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."
Ean

Postby EvilNeil » 9th Nov 06, 13:32

Ean wrote:
Gimpston wrote:I thinks it is an ace DVD and am glad we finally have it although the guitar seems to mess up a bit in the last couple of songs

Yeah, I noticed that. I think, though, that it's a problem with the recording equipment rather than a guitar problem because nobody on stage seems to respond to the sound cutting out - I'm pretty sure it's Ginger's guitar too, and he's pretty short with gear that's breaking down (he chucked the flying 'V' over the amps during Everlone(?) 'cos it wasn't right). :?

i remember the guitars cutting out on the day so perhaps it was a PA problem, i.e the guitars were pugged in to their amps, as usual, and then the whole thing was then put through the PA, maybe that's why the band didn't seem to notice coz the sound from the amps were fine and they couldn't hear the PA on stage??!!

Just a thought!!
EvilNeil

Previous

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat