Little Earthquakes: Great 'bits' in Wildhearts songs

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

Little Earthquakes: Great 'bits' in Wildhearts songs

Postby WiredOut » 20th Oct 06, 20:18

Moments that excite you muchly, yes?

Groovy bits you rewind to hear again, and that.

Here's some starters:

The 3-part harmony bit in Just In Lust at 2:34 : 'So why the worry? So why the guilt? / Oh Woah-Oh Woah-Oh Woah / Do-do-do-do-do-do-do-do' Popgasmic!

The bit where 'Can't Do Right For doing Wrong' explodes back into life just after the 'BACK IN YOUR SEAT!' line.

Red Light Green Light: 'Took a bit of time to see: I like being me! YEEEAAAHHHHH!!!'

The short solo after the second verse of 'The Song Formally Known As,' where white noise feeds into a rendering of the chorus melody. One of the most joyous noises I've ever heard. :D

Anyone?
'C'mon, make me feel like me.'
WiredOut

Re: Little Earthquakes: Great 'bits' in Wildhearts songs

Postby Chris Davies » 20th Oct 06, 22:03

WiredOut wrote:

Red Light Green Light: 'Took a bit of time to see: I like being me! YEEEAAAHHHHH!!!'

Im also very fond of that part, I often find myself screaming to that part while hitting my chest lol :D

And in I wanna go ' Well Well Well Well Well Weeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllllll I WANNA GO WHERE THE PEOPLE GO YEAHHHHHHHH'

The beginning of Sick of Drugs where the na na's kick in love that part.

And Nita Nitro screaming out the line 'Well theres nothing like a person who reminds you of yourself'

Along with every other song aswell :p
Chris Davies

Postby Dave C » 21st Oct 06, 10:07

The bit in OCD after the break down where Gingers playing an Em/D (no fingers on frets) simply superbly heavy riff.

The 'this is is in laymans terms....' part of Sky Babies, can't get enogh of that.
Dave C

Postby godofhaircare » 21st Oct 06, 10:36

Begining of Everlone when it stops then it's just the guitar riff and a big guitar slide and then everything comes in.

Or Shame on me when it stops then a big Bass Slide and the songs kicks in.

Or...........
http://www.last.fm/user/godofhaircare/

http://twitter.com/godofhaircare
godofhaircare

Postby markE » 23rd Oct 06, 10:24

the "fuck it!" shout from everlone.

the slide guitar then head fuck chant from headfuck.

the "we all went down" harmonies

deep under the covers the only place to hide bit in miles away
why do i have to ignore you to get your attention?
markE

Postby sonicshake » 23rd Oct 06, 12:29

The riff after the bass intro to 'Shut Your Fucking Mouth And Use Your Fucking Brain' is class. The way it builds up then...bang!

Floats my motherfuckin' boat anyway...
sonicshake

Postby WiredOut » 27th Oct 06, 04:07

OK, blatant Bumpitude:

Schizophonic: '‘Be inspired/ a freak with pride/ just like they’ll never be/ and they will come running/ look at them running."

Ever wondered why the Wildhearts weren't 'Big'? Maybe 'cos if you love 'em, yer a beautifully and romantically and philosophically fucked pop/rock aesthete. Maybe it takes a weird kind of sensitivity to simultaeneously piss on and celebrate this life's astonishing, utterly improbable soul-buggeringly heart-crushing gorgeousness.

You beautiful cunt-freaks.

Or summat.

Alright, I'm pissed. :D
'C'mon, make me feel like me.'
WiredOut

Postby davejnick » 27th Oct 06, 07:37

WiredOut wrote:
Ever wondered why the Wildhearts weren't 'Big'? Maybe 'cos if you love 'em, yer a beautifully and romantically and philosophically fucked pop/rock aesthete. Maybe it takes a weird kind of sensitivity to simultaeneously piss on and celebrate this life's astonishing, utterly improbable soul-buggeringly heart-crushing gorgeousness.

You beautiful cunt-freaks.

Awww, that's beautiful. Pure poetry. Almost brought a tear to the eye :wink:
How dare you!
davejnick

Postby Wilddan1 » 27th Oct 06, 09:31

I love the line on 'Give the girl a gun'... "Arm her with a can of mace, just to spray into the bastards face"... Never was a truer word spoken !

And on Headfuck, I love the break 'Day tripper, Prick teaser yeah!' then it's back to rocking like a mo' fo !!!!
Can't do right for doing wrong!!!!

Wilddan1

Postby vanrad » 27th Oct 06, 13:10

For me it's 'Do The Channel Bop'. There's a huge mid section that has Ginger trademarked start and stops, highs and lows, etc. This slowly builds to a climax and suddenly halts with a single guitar - that single guitar bit and the bit after is pure riffola rock heaven! I remember first hearing it and playing just the mid section and bit after over and over again.

I probably have described that all wrong and everybody's going whattttt???!!!

But many Ginger songs are built on these moments and its great to know people's favourites.
vanrad

Postby Hannah » 27th Oct 06, 15:14

For me, it's the bit at the beginning of Naivety Play, the "Watch yourself... here it comes..." followed by the growl..... oooh! Sends shivers through me every time ;)

xxx
Hannah

Postby Keith Richard » 31st Oct 06, 17:59

Just after the initial intro to "Shoes" where the #2 guitar kicks in.
cause the chances are good that it wont let you down, like maybe drinking with Keith, or seeing Dolly Parton's tits...
Keith Richard

Postby davejnick » 31st Oct 06, 20:16

The bit in the intro to And The Bullshit Goes On where the vocal comes in, and the "make a few steps...scare the wind out of A&R reps" bit in Inglorious.

Oh...and ALL of Sky Babies.
How dare you!
davejnick

Postby Andy Santiago » 1st Nov 06, 12:40

The crunching riff in 'Caprice' does it for me and the over-emphasis on the word 'shit in 'Geordie' when it's played live. AHH,Deep Joy!
"So I fucked your sister,
Tried it on with your mother,
Kicked the shit out of your brother
But darling, I always loved you."

Love Song #666
Andy Santiago

Postby godzillas beard » 1st Nov 06, 14:45

I agree with Vanrad on the single guitar bit in "Do the Channel Bop", always loved that bit. And definetly the end riff on "Caprice" especially played live. The version on the Hultsfred(?) festival bootleg being particularly good imho.
godzillas beard

Next

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat