CHRISTMAS vs THE WILDHEARTS December 21st 2006!!

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

Postby geordierussell » 15th Nov 06, 12:39

I will def. be meeting for a drink. Wether its an alcoholic drink or not remains to be seen.
http://www.tinyurl.com/gnr2010
geordierussell

Postby Keith Richard » 15th Nov 06, 19:40

Michael Wade wrote:Who plans to drink beer after the show? And before the show?

Is this a trick question???
cause the chances are good that it wont let you down, like maybe drinking with Keith, or seeing Dolly Parton's tits...
Keith Richard

Postby kitescreech » 15th Nov 06, 20:23

Mrs Kite found this - there isnt a Travelodge in Wolvo, but there are 5 within 10 miles of it. The cash you save could pay for a taxi ! And beer !

What's the deal?

Budget hotel chain Travelodge is offering a large number of Supersaver rooms in all its hotels at £15 per room over Christmas. Usually these rooms retail up to £80 but this is reportedly part of a price war it is having with Premier, so take advantage.

Travelodge rooms are clean and functional, and do the job, so they're great if you're looking to tour the UK over the Xmas hols. This is about the eight 'travelodge deal' that MoneySavers have jammed in and there's always extremely good feedback from those who've taken part.

What you need to do

Use Travelodge's room search to find a hotel and date available.

Are there any conditions?

Yes, a few. The offer's only available online, for supersaver rooms, which must be booked at least 21 days in advance of the day you want to stay. Rooms can be booked to stay any date from 17 December to 21 January but you'll need to book by 26 November. You'll have to pay in advance and the room's not transferable or refundable once you've booked so think carefully first whether you really want the room.

Sadly the offer isn't available in the Republic of Ireland, Spain or in its franchises (Newport Magor, Bolton West M61 Southbound and Glasgow Airport).

Also I talked about this as part of my Muttering Commentary in this week's e-mail - here's a clip of it: Travelodge Muttering
"Today is different and tomorow the same"
kitescreech

Postby Still PHUQed » 16th Nov 06, 00:45

What a star Mrs Kite is. Been meaning to get a room booked for a week now and just not got around to it; glad I didn't.

Booked in at the Travelodge at J10a M6. Couldn't be easier to find. Get a cab in and back with the money I saved. No car park worries and in the morning can just turn the car around (at an unGodly early hour) and point it back in the direction of North.

No sore eyes on a long journey home in the wee small hours like Scarborough.

Fantastic.

Much appreciated.

Anyone else staying there and want to share the cost of a cab (there's myself and my girlfriend) let me know. Probably not leaving the hotel til about 7pm though cos setting off from Liverpool about 4:30pm.
Still PHUQed

Postby Michael Wade » 16th Nov 06, 02:06

[quote="Keith Richard"][quote="Michael Wade"]Who plans to drink beer after the show? And before the show?[/quote]

Is this a trick question???[/quote]

we'll have to pick a pub for all of us to take over, temporarily
Michael Wade

Postby Damian » 16th Nov 06, 15:37

Michael Wade wrote:
Keith Richard wrote:
Michael Wade wrote:Who plans to drink beer after the show? And before the show?

Is this a trick question???

we'll have to pick a pub for all of us to take over, temporarily

Wildhearts fans are good at that. Fond memories of Scarborough come back...
Damian

dan

Postby richyboy1981 » 18th Nov 06, 14:13

So...have i missed something here? Anyone know why danny aint joining in the festivities?!
richyboy1981

Postby ada-v » 21st Nov 06, 14:21

kitescreech wrote:Yep,
Yeah I feel your pain. For me and Mrs. Kite we have to leave home at about 6:30, drive 30 minutes to Faulkland Street car park (by Moleneaux football ground, open all night and FREE) and then a 5 minute walk to the Civic. And then do it all again backwards ! Life is hard :wink:
(mind, I'm driving so i'll be sober, wheras I guess most others will be drinking and then sleep it off...)

See ya all there !

same here mate.

leave telford at about 5 to spend a wee bit of time getting in the mood before the gig.

just hope the plans for afters come off. :D
aint no party like an s club party.

yeah right! lmao
ada-v

Postby Michael Wade » 23rd Nov 06, 07:49

I must say I can not wait to meet all you bastards!!!
Michael Wade

Postby fluffygrue » 29th Nov 06, 13:01

Ooh, £15 Travelodge, super, ta for that. We're in the M6 Services one too - means we can be sociable if there are any after-gig pub happenings. :D
fluffygrue

Postby Ean » 29th Nov 06, 19:54

fluffygrue wrote:Ooh, £15 Travelodge, super, ta for that. We're in the M6 Services one too - means we can be sociable if there are any after-gig pub happenings. :D

Just to let you guys staying here know (if you didn't already), the services are situated somewhere near the back of the longest, most ridiculous queue in the world due to the M6/M5 junction roadworks. The only way into town is through this queue since you're stuck between junctions (11 is north of you, 10a (M54) is entry only). It's pretty much round the clock too, so you're probably gonna need to allow about 15-20 mins (at least) extra to get into town.

I think they've got a monitor in the hotel telling you what the roads are like.
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."
Ean

Postby fluffygrue » 30th Nov 06, 17:08

Ean wrote:Just to let you guys staying here know (if you didn't already), the services are situated somewhere near the back of the longest, most ridiculous queue in the world due to the M6/M5 junction roadworks.

Ah, ta for the reminder. I've phoned the Travelodge and they say we can check in at any time, as long as we call on the day to confirm we'll be turning up late.

Means it's worth considering checking in after the gig rather than before.
fluffygrue

Postby Nickinvincible » 4th Dec 06, 14:26

I'll be staying in the Travelodge that night too, probably drive up and chck in beforehand then cab it into town, and back after the show. So am up for any pre-gig drinking, and also any hotel-bar drinking afterwards for anyone staying there - cor, it'll be like being on tour or something!! :lol:
Nickinvincible

Christmas Vs the Wildhearts

Postby Ady » 4th Dec 06, 19:29

My other half got quite excited when the tickets arrived;

" 'Christmas Vs the Wildhearts'??? Does that mean they're playing Christmas songs?????"

Which made me think which Christmas song would you like the WH to cover? Think it's the Slade one for me. Or Stop the Cavalry.
Life has teeth, and bites the feeding open hand.

http://www.twitter.com/adycolclough
Ady

Re: Christmas Vs the Wildhearts

Postby Ean » 4th Dec 06, 19:37

Ady wrote:My other half got quite excited when the tickets arrived;

" 'Christmas Vs the Wildhearts'??? Does that mean they're playing Christmas songs?????"

Which made me think which Christmas song would you like the WH to cover? Think it's the Slade one for me. Or Stop the Cavalry.

You never know, they might break out White Christmas and Santa Claus Is Coming To Town again. :D
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."
Ean

PreviousNext

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat