OK, so, am I missing the point?????????

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

Postby laura » 5th Nov 06, 12:42

I agree, Denzel has brought kick ass life back to Gingers music.
laura
 
Posts: 33
Joined: 1st Nov 06, 15:51
Location: HULL

Postby Andy Santiago » 5th Nov 06, 18:29

Bollocks. Stidi is the man.On the tour with Therapy he was a fucking drum animal.By far the greatest Ginger-related drummer.
"So I fucked your sister,
Tried it on with your mother,
Kicked the shit out of your brother
But darling, I always loved you."

Love Song #666
Andy Santiago
 
Posts: 244
Joined: 26th Feb 06, 21:55
Location: York.... Where the People go!!!

Postby Gigantor » 6th Nov 06, 11:01

Col wrote:Us mere northerners just missed out on an acoustic tour aswell.


Pfff... and us "mere" Germans have missed out on a lot of other tours over the last 10 years! :?

I really wish they would play in Germany more often. They could really build an audience over here. Oh well... :roll:
Last edited by Gigantor on 6th Nov 06, 11:04, edited 1 time in total.
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
Image

www.gigantor.de
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
Gigantor
 
Posts: 63
Joined: 19th Feb 06, 13:42
Location: Hannover, Rock City!

Postby Gigantor » 6th Nov 06, 11:04

Andy Santiago wrote:Bollocks. Stidi is the man.On the tour with Therapy he was a fucking drum animal.By far the greatest Ginger-related drummer.


Haven't heard Denzel yet (playing WH material), but I also think that Stidi was the best man for the job so far. His style is much more wilder than Rich's, who is more of a "controlled powerhouse" (ohhh, I'm sounding like a "Rock-critic" here, hahaha!!!).
Yep - I prefer Stidi over Rich.
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
Image

www.gigantor.de
+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +
Gigantor
 
Posts: 63
Joined: 19th Feb 06, 13:42
Location: Hannover, Rock City!

Postby wez_wildheart » 6th Nov 06, 15:55

Stidi for me

the guy was much more frantic and a faster style that suited the band more.Ritch, as good as drummer he is brings the pace down somewhat.

Stidi also flows much better as well, and on a limited kit set up as well, he makes full use of everything he has
wez_wildheart
 
Posts: 254
Joined: 17th Feb 06, 16:24

Postby Assmask » 6th Nov 06, 19:33

Question of taste i guess (well, duh)

Personally I'd go for Ritch every time he give's the live recordings a sound of menace that more than makes up for not being all over the place like Stidi.

Stidi is a great rock drummer but Ricth has a neat kinda progressive creativity that comes ocross in his beats. Imagine Endless Nameless with Stidi instead of Ritch. To be honest I doubt it would have been possible.

But could Ritch come up with Suckerpunch? Probably, and I also like his playing it more than I like Stidi playing it as well.

However, no idea who this other chap is whose name I have forgotten.
8==m==D
8=m===D
8===m=D
8m====D--=__

The Big Grizzly

https://www.facebook.com/biggrizzlyband
Assmask
 
Posts: 839
Joined: 30th Mar 06, 11:22
Location: Belfast

Postby Ean » 6th Nov 06, 20:19

Assmask wrote:However, no idea who this other chap is whose name I have forgotten.


Denzil? He's the new Sonic Circus drummer. Unless you saw the warm up or the recent mini-tour you'll not have seen him yet. He's pretty good.

Preferred Steve Spring meself though... :D
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."
User avatar
Ean
Moderator
 
Posts: 4040
Joined: 10th Feb 06, 14:44
Location: Just next to my confuser

Postby Damian » 6th Nov 06, 21:23

Stidi's punk. Rich is rock. And they're both ace.
Damian
 
Posts: 1620
Joined: 11th Feb 06, 01:14
Location: Bristol, UK

Postby laura » 6th Nov 06, 22:10

Rich is a good rock drummer, Stidi is more technical sort of punk, Denzel is both in my opinion, Ive heard him with G and GDW and was very impressed.
laura
 
Posts: 33
Joined: 1st Nov 06, 15:51
Location: HULL

Postby EvilNeil » 6th Nov 06, 22:33

Assmask wrote:Question of taste i guess (well, duh)

Personally I'd go for Ritch every time he give's the live recordings a sound of menace that more than makes up for not being all over the place like Stidi.

Stidi is a great rock drummer but Ricth has a neat kinda progressive creativity that comes ocross in his beats. Imagine Endless Nameless with Stidi instead of Ritch. To be honest I doubt it would have been possible.

But could Ritch come up with Suckerpunch? Probably, and I also like his playing it more than I like Stidi playing it as well.

However, no idea who this other chap is whose name I have forgotten.


I SECOND THAT... ritch over stidi any day!!
EvilNeil
 
Posts: 86
Joined: 10th Feb 06, 13:35

Postby markE » 7th Nov 06, 11:16

bring back BAM :twisted: :twisted:


( ps. we seem to have wandered off topic again)
why do i have to ignore you to get your attention?
markE
 
Posts: 1389
Joined: 18th May 06, 12:53

Postby Ean » 7th Nov 06, 12:42

markE wrote:( ps. we seem to have wandered off topic again)


Spoilsport. :P
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."
User avatar
Ean
Moderator
 
Posts: 4040
Joined: 10th Feb 06, 14:44
Location: Just next to my confuser

Previous

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 24 guests