have they split or not??

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

have they split or not??

Postby EvilNeil » 10th Feb 06, 13:44

howdy all, i was just wondering if anyone knows whats going on with the wildhearts? what are their plans. i assumed that Scarborough was their last gig, but now they have a mypsace page etc... also if they are still together what is the line up, it was cool to see them play with ritch, he pisses all over stidi :? :?
Last edited by EvilNeil on 10th Feb 06, 14:15, edited 1 time in total.
EvilNeil

Postby blackdeathcrew » 10th Feb 06, 14:02

(As i've said in another post) apparently they demo-ed 13-14 tracks last year and they 'could be recorded at any time'. At least thats what it says in this months Metal Hammer 8)
blackdeathcrew

COOL!!

Postby EvilNeil » 10th Feb 06, 14:14

cheers! it will be intesting to see if these song actually surface, and what the line up is
EvilNeil

Postby skychaserhigh » 10th Feb 06, 20:04

Someone told me cj was at a pub in london on the day of the soniccircus gig but could not get in as he was not on the guest-list?

Wierd situation!
skychaserhigh

Postby Nik » 11th Feb 06, 14:00

Who knows? Frankly after all the ups and downs over the years I don't pay any attention to their current status. Take it as it comes...if a record comes out I'll buy it. If it doesn't...it doesn't.
Nik

Postby Glen666 » 11th Feb 06, 19:07

I second that. If it ever comes out, it's a bonus.

I'd love to hear them somehow. Can't stand knowing that there is Ginger penned material somewhere that I have not heard or own.
Glen666

Postby Brawny » 11th Feb 06, 19:13

I hope those tracks make it to the light of day.... love some more wildhearts.....
Brawny

Postby kris » 11th Feb 06, 19:57

skychaserhigh wrote:Someone told me cj was at a pub in london on the day of the soniccircus gig but could not get in as he was not on the guest-list?

Wierd situation!

Yep CJ was at the london gig.

We need some new Wildhearts stuff,just cant get enough of anything ginger has recorded.
kris

Postby Lily » 11th Feb 06, 20:06

I'd love to see them together again admitedly and i think that they're one band you should never say never about even when they say they've split ;)
Keep your attitude....

I have my own
Lily

Postby Marky Mark » 12th Feb 06, 19:44

Yeah i spoke to CJ in pub before Garage gig. Said he was back in the UK to record Wildhearts album but he hadnt spoken to Ginger for 7 weeks and wasnt on the guest list for the garage gig.
Marky Mark

Postby Damian » 13th Feb 06, 09:02

From what I gather, it's an open situation. He's said countless times before that that's it, and has always had to eat his words. So in a recent interview he just said that he'll never say that again, although his current activities mean he's more than busy.

My guess? You'll see them again, eventually. But it'll be a while.
Damian

Postby kris » 14th Feb 06, 06:18

Come on Ginger,put us out of our misery and tell us the score :wink:
kris

Postby vanrad » 16th Feb 06, 13:31

No offense to The Wildhearts... I love 'em..... but we've got SOOO much other stuff now... The Yo-yo's .... Ginger, and have you seen this .....

http://www.myspace.com/cjwildheart [/url]
vanrad

Postby Dark Lord of Barnet » 20th Feb 06, 03:21

Glen666 wrote:I second that. If it ever comes out, it's a bonus.

I'd love to hear them somehow. Can't stand knowing that there is Ginger penned material somewhere that I have not heard or own.
Even if that 'new' Wildhearts stuff was released tomorrow - there would still be loads of Ginger penned material (recorded too) that is never likely to see the light of day for a variety of reasons. You'll just have to live with it.

I spoke to Ginger recently and asked him about the Wildhearts situation and the gist of what he said was 'Don't hold your breath'. It appears they haven't actually split up - they just aren't doing anything for the forseeable future. He said they definitely aren't about to record anything, though the next album has been written (and apparently demmoed) for some time. He wouldn't rule out some more Wildhearts activity at some point in the future, but it certainly isn't likely to be any time soon. I think Ginger has more than enough to keep him busy for the time being - more Sonic Circus touring and another album in his sights. He said 'the Wildhearts' was something he "did to keep the fans happy". I think the simple truth is that at the moment he just doesn't need the Wildhearts - and he has proved this with the album he has just released and the terrific live show he played at the Garage recently - only playing one Wildhearts and one SG5 song all night.
"and don't forget the joker!"

Dark Lord of Barnet
Dark Lord of Barnet

Postby EvilNeil » 20th Feb 06, 10:28

although i didn't go to the garage gig, a friend of mine did and he saw CJ( who wasn't on the guess list) and he said that CJ told him that he was back from Japan at the moment to record the new Wildhearts album!!! but if i remember right in 98 ginger said the 'hearts' would never get back together!! and look what happened!! so as junkinstein puts it watch this space!!
EvilNeil

Next

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat