have they split or not??

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

Postby Dark Lord of Barnet » 26th Feb 06, 03:41

EvilNeil wrote:but if i remember right in 98 ginger said the 'hearts' would never get back together!! and look what happened!! so as junkinstein puts it watch this space!!
But don't hold your breath....
"and don't forget the joker!"

Dark Lord of Barnet
Dark Lord of Barnet

Postby Ross » 30th Mar 06, 16:51

Ginger says as much in the interview in the latest Guitarist magazine, available in the shops now. He says not to expect any new music from the Wildhearts or a tour. But that he has 14 songs demoed for an album if it ever happens.
Ross

Postby Assmask » 3rd Apr 06, 13:55

I wonder if one of those is Wild Zero - got it off Limewire and it's unmistakably Ginger/Wildhearts-esque. Sounds like a cross between Ugly (off VDC) and Why You Lie.

I also think it's recent as it sports one of those one line chrouses shouted over and over again.
8==m==D
8=m===D
8===m=D
8m====D--=__

The Big Grizzly

https://www.facebook.com/biggrizzlyband
Assmask

Postby Ross » 3rd Apr 06, 14:46

Wild Zero is a cover of a Jap band called Guitar Wolf. The WH recorded it for a tribute album.
Ross

Postby Assmask » 3rd Apr 06, 16:35

Thanks Ross

Glad to hear it, it's a bit mediocre.

Sez me.....
8==m==D
8=m===D
8===m=D
8m====D--=__

The Big Grizzly

https://www.facebook.com/biggrizzlyband
Assmask

Postby EvilNeil » 6th Apr 06, 15:21

i was speaking to CJ at the sonic circus gig at islington, and he said they're contracted to do one more Wildhearts album with gut records and him and Ginger were the only ones who have signed this contract!! so basically it has to happen at some point, as whos gonna be playing drums and bass, it could be random and stidi or danny and ritch or anyone for that matter. but the fact that they're not rushing to record the 14 songs demo-ed indercates to me that they would only do another wildhearts album because they have to, not because they want to.
EvilNeil

Postby Ean » 6th Apr 06, 16:23

EvilNeil wrote: but the fact that they're not rushing to record the 14 songs demo-ed indercates to me that they would only do another wildhearts album because they have to, not because they want to.

They're both busy with solo stuff at the moment though - and I can't imagine them getting together and saying "right, the fans have decided we should drop everything and do the next album now. I'll book the studio, you go down the job centre and get our rhythm section back".

That they actually bothered to demo 14 tracks suggests some kind of voluntary intent - The band have split to avoid contractual problems before now, so I don't think they'd be forced into anything.

I'd imagine that only Ginger and CJ signed the contract because at that point they were really the only contributing songwriters - Danny and Jon's stuff came after they had already released stuff on Gut: Danny wasn't even in the band when his song came out.
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."
Ean

Postby Damian » 7th Apr 06, 00:10

Well, I doubt he'd want to tour with The Wildhearts right now, but given the above facts (particularly the 'songs written' bit), combined with their ability to work really quickly in the studio, they could just go in for a fortnight and knock it out. For most bands you'd be able to tell, but they could easily pull off a quality record then move on to whatever else they're up to.

Maybe. Just a thought.
Damian

Postby kissmybass » 18th Apr 06, 00:57

I stood next to CJ at the London gig...he as DEFO there! he went up to the front and shouted like hello to Ginger but i don't think he heard him, john and conny said hey tho, then CJ went off somewhere................dunno where like ..........but thats my penny's worth :)
kissmybass

Previous

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat