New album?

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

Postby Damian » 18th Dec 06, 16:24

Update: no James T, as it's the final B*Movie Heroes gig that night. Bad timing, boys...
Damian

Postby outlaw2276 » 19th Dec 06, 18:06

Damian wrote:Update: no James T, as it's the final B*Movie Heroes gig that night. Bad timing, boys...

Final, as in last of a tour, or as in last ever? Seen them a couple of times (actually played on the same bill once!), as a four piece and then as a 3 piece. I'd like to see them again, but anyway, all this is off topic!
Eh, is this thing on?
outlaw2276

Postby Damian » 19th Dec 06, 20:01

Last show ever.
Damian

Postby kitescreech » 19th Dec 06, 21:30

Me and Mrs. Kite REALLY looking forward to this one, and Superreal the next night too ! Result.

Were planning on just going straight to the venue and assaulting the bar there !
"Today is different and tomorow the same"
kitescreech

Postby Damian » 20th Dec 06, 00:22

kitescreech wrote:Me and Mrs. Kite REALLY looking forward to this one, and Superreal the next night too ! Result.

Were planning on just going straight to the venue and assaulting the bar there !

With four acts, first at 7.15, I can only imagine it could be pretty tricky to get to the bar without missing something!!
Damian

Postby Ben Wright » 28th Dec 06, 23:51

Just found this picture on the electric interweb, of CJ while recording new album.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/borolad259/319895765/

And whilst I'm on the subject of the new album - let's have a few suggestions / guesses what the album title would be.

My 2 pence worth is:

either call it simply : The Wildhearts

The Ghost Road (the final book in the Regeneration Trilogy by Pat Barker, and loosely, the title means about things knowing things coming to an end, but not being afraid of the inevitable.....)
Ben Wright

Postby Ean » 29th Dec 06, 00:28

Hmmm, best yet he says?? *cough*myspace sneaky peekys?*cough* :?

Don't really mind what it's called, as long as it's not (as I joked to someone) The Last Gasp Of The Wildhearts, or For Sale: One Dead Horse. (I've had a wee drinky, I may be less cynical tomorrow :wink: )
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."
Ean

Postby Damian » 29th Dec 06, 00:51

CJ is WAY too youthful and handsome, isn't he?

Erm. Album title. Not a big fan of the self-titled gambit. How about "This Is How It's Done"?

Arrogant? Hardly. Listen to anything by new band The View. They're going to be massive. MASSIVE. And all they peddle is the most pedestrian indie (your correspondent is a big lover of non-pedestrian indie), but they're YOUNG so they are therefore great, whether or not they are actually interesting or a little original. Thanks punk.
Damian

Postby Keith Richard » 29th Dec 06, 00:59

Ben Wright wrote:Just found this picture on the electric interweb, of CJ while recording new album.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/borolad259/319895765/

And whilst I'm on the subject of the new album - let's have a few suggestions / guesses what the album title would be.

My 2 pence worth is:

either call it simply : The Wildhearts

The Ghost Road (the final book in the Regeneration Trilogy by Pat Barker, and loosely, the title means about things knowing things coming to an end, but not being afraid of the inevitable.....)

I really hope that the earlier working title of "Sod's Law" prevails. If the new album really is as good as the rumours would have it, that title says it all!
cause the chances are good that it wont let you down, like maybe drinking with Keith, or seeing Dolly Parton's tits...
Keith Richard

Postby kitescreech » 29th Dec 06, 12:57

"The Day the Words Ran Out" :?
"Today is different and tomorow the same"
kitescreech

Postby Col » 29th Dec 06, 13:19

How about "fuck".

Nah, that's just commercial suicide :wink:
Col

Postby WiredOut » 29th Dec 06, 16:00

How about "God Loves A Trier" ?

:wink:
'C'mon, make me feel like me.'
WiredOut

Postby bennympls » 31st Dec 06, 00:36

How bout..... Major label ass rape.
bennympls

Postby davejnick » 31st Dec 06, 02:40

I seem to recall that "Riff After Riff......" was going to be called "The Black Box" at one point, and I always thought that was a cool title.
How dare you!
davejnick

Postby Damian » 31st Dec 06, 18:50

Actually, I reckon they ought to call it "Antitrust".

I have my reasons.
Damian

PreviousNext

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat