New album?

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

Postby Ben Wright » 8th Jan 07, 21:29

Ben Wright wrote:
And whilst I'm on the subject of the new album - let's have a few suggestions / guesses what the album title would be.

My 2 pence worth is:

either call it simply : The Wildhearts

The Ghost Road (the final book in the Regeneration Trilogy by Pat Barker, and loosely, the title means about things knowing things coming to an end, but not being afraid of the inevitable.....)

Well I'm feeling rather smug here. They're calling it the Wildhearts, and if that happens, with the Ginger says article perhaps the Ghost Road is an outside bet! ha ha
Ben Wright

Postby Ben Wright » 8th Jan 07, 21:30

Sorry that should have been....

If that DOESN'T happen, then I'm in with a shout with the Ghost Road......
Ben Wright

Postby Dave C » 9th Jan 07, 11:14

Looks as though the next album will called The Wildhearts, on the Ginger says page I think it was the album was refered to as self titled.
Dave C

Tracklisting

Postby andy_b » 16th Jan 07, 16:01

Whilst surfing around HMV Japan, I came across the tracklisting and pre-order page for the new album (with picture of the new line-up). It's called 未定 ... my Japanese ain't that good so I'll leave it to someone else more qualified to translate it!

Tracklisting is:
1 The Sweetest Song
2 Slaughtered Autors
3 Oh Bonita
4 Inner City Overture
5 Rooting For The Bad Guy
6 Bi Polar Baby
7 Borderline
8 Destroy All Monsters
9 She's All That
10 The Hard Way
11 The New Flesh
12 The Revolution Will Not Be Televised
13 Unbroken
14 Zen Reuiem

and is (currently) due out on the 28th March, just after my birthday, which is nice :)

Link to the hmv.co.jp page

Andy B
andy_b

Re: Tracklisting

Postby Ean » 16th Jan 07, 16:06

andy_b wrote:Whilst surfing around HMV Japan, I came across the tracklisting and pre-order page for the new album (with picture of the new line-up). It's called 未定 ... my Japanese ain't that good so I'll leave it to someone else more qualified to translate it!

Um, according to systran, it means 'undecided'. :wink:
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."
Ean

Postby andy_b » 16th Jan 07, 16:13

Ean wrote:Um, according to systran, it means 'undecided'. :wink:

Haha! Well that answers the question of the title then doesn't it? Or maybe not... ;)

Andy B
andy_b

Postby wez_wildheart » 16th Jan 07, 16:45

Zen Requiem?

that was the song they played at the Xmas show according to those who were there?

doesn't take John McCrirrick to say thats the odds on bet for the 1st single

if this is out in March i'd be hoping for the new single (with some lovely new tracks as B-Sides) for a February release.

i can feel the excitement kicking in now though

14 songs as well...nice
wez_wildheart

Postby Ean » 16th Jan 07, 17:03

wez_wildheart wrote:Zen Requiem?

that was the song they played at the Xmas show according to those who were there?

14 songs as well...nice

Yep, that was the song.

14 songs?? Well, only 16 short of the 30 we we're promised, but I can let that go if it's any good... :wink:
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."
Ean

Postby wez_wildheart » 16th Jan 07, 17:17

stop the fucking press

i told my missus about this coming out and she emailed me back saying she had ordered it for me and it would be here by Thursday

providing there hasnt been a monumental fuck up and this is legit...............holy shit

and UFO have announced a Belfast date for March!!!! this year rocks
wez_wildheart

Postby Chris Davies » 16th Jan 07, 17:37

Does anyone know how much ¥2,500 is in sterling please ? And how much is shipping from japan ?

I just seen the japaneese 2-disc best of , for what seems pretty cheap on there , like the only major thing missing from my collection. Think i shall be ordering me some stuff from there :D
Chris Davies

Postby Ean » 16th Jan 07, 17:40

wez_wildheart wrote:stop the fucking press

i told my missus about this coming out and she emailed me back saying she had ordered it for me and it would be here by Thursday

providing there hasnt been a monumental fuck up and this is legit...............holy shit

Considering they're only just doing the vocals (according to Ginger Says anyway), maybe you're getting the limited edition instrumental version...? Or could it be that the whole of HMV is experiencing the towering ineptitude that afflicts the UK distribution department.

Either way, make sure you let us know what (if anything) actually turns up... :D
Last edited by Ean on 16th Jan 07, 17:54, edited 1 time in total.
Ean Ü

Ean

Postby andy_b » 16th Jan 07, 17:40

Chris Davies wrote:Does anyone know how much ¥2,500 is in sterling please ? And how much is shipping from japan ?

About £10.50 ish - try http://xe.com for currency conversion.

Shipping (from hmv japan anyway) was ¥1,500 for me (about £6.40)

Andy B
andy_b

Postby wez_wildheart » 16th Jan 07, 17:48

Ean wrote:
wez_wildheart wrote:stop the fucking press

Considering they're only just doing the vocals (according to Ginger Says anyway), maybe you're getting the limited edition instrumental version...? Or could it be that the whole of HMV is experiencing the towering ineptitude that afflicts the UK distribution department.

Either way, make sure you let us know what (if anything) actually turns up... :D

haha thats what i thought......

knowing my shitting luck it'll be a CD-R with fucking Girls Aloud or something to that effect

i wont be holding my breath..........
wez_wildheart

Postby Chris Davies » 16th Jan 07, 18:21

andy_b wrote:About £10.50 ish - try http://xe.com for currency conversion.

Shipping (from hmv japan anyway) was ¥1,500 for me (about £6.40)

Andy B

Cheers for that , around £20 overall then for the jap 2cd best of , tis pretty good considering the prices ive seen it for on ebay and amazon.

Hopefully the new wildies album will be out the same time as in japan. Only a few days after me 18th b-day :D
Chris Davies

Postby Ben Wright » 16th Jan 07, 20:52

andy_b wrote:Whilst surfing around HMV Japan, I came across the tracklisting and pre-order page for the new album (with picture of the new line-up). It's called 未定 ... my Japanese ain't that good so I'll leave it to someone else more qualified to translate it!

Tracklisting is:
1 The Sweetest Song
2 Slaughtered Autors
3 Oh Bonita
4 Inner City Overture
5 Rooting For The Bad Guy
6 Bi Polar Baby
7 Borderline
8 Destroy All Monsters
9 She's All That
10 The Hard Way
11 The New Flesh
12 The Revolution Will Not Be Televised
13 Unbroken
14 Zen Reuiem

and is (currently) due out on the 28th March, just after my birthday, which is nice :)

Link to the hmv.co.jp page

Andy B

Andy you're a legend for finding this. Hats off to you!
Ben Wright

PreviousNext

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat