wolves!!!

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

wolves!!!

Postby psalm69 » 22nd Dec 06, 01:14

Now That was a gig , really fucking great set , great atmosphere and great people what more can you ask for , especially good sing along for geordie and 29 x the pain. Also really suprised to se them end with i wanna go , i`d say more more but too pissed , excellent .. Merry Christmas all and happy new year

p.s. ginger did say they would be touring next year and there`s def a new album !
psalm69

Postby outlaw2276 » 22nd Dec 06, 01:41

Awesome - best I've seen them in years! New song was a bit iffy, but I'm sure that's just through un-familiarity, it's not often that we get a new song played before it's release!

Top night, top band, and top support from GDW! :D
Eh, is this thing on?
outlaw2276

Postby Ben Wright » 22nd Dec 06, 01:59

New song? What was it called? What did it sound like?

Did anyone record / bootleg the show????

I want answers!!!!!

(wasnt there tonight due to throat infection. Last time Wildies played I had salmonella. Maybe they should stay apart for the benefit of my health!)
Ben Wright

Postby Cwej » 22nd Dec 06, 02:29

not sure why but for the encore the sound really went off . could barely hear cj and scotts vocals on the new one . it was a downbeat number about friends who've passed on which ginger dedicated to danny deen and trace . starts with a slow chug like headfuck or schizophonic then everythign else comes in , but can't call more on it than that . maybe only one hell or 10 flaws down are the same kind of mood .

band seemed to be loving it so hopefully we'll see the most happy and prosperous era of the WH yet !

GDW went down great and beat union were really good , lot of a clash thing going on there , missed start of the loyalties ( they said they were late and that it was dannys fault .. then that they couldn't use that excuse anymore . still not sure what went on there ) they played 3 Yo-yos songs which went down well , but were sill lot of ppl to come in by then .

nice to see hot steve back !

set was ( this won't be precise but roughly)

TV TAN
CAFFINE BOMB
VANILLA RADIO
SICK OF DRUGS
NITE NITRO
EVERLONE
GREETINGS FROM SHITSVILLE
OCD
MY BABY IS A HEADFUCK
SUCKERPUNCH
CAPRICE
-----------
don't worry bout me
geordie in wonderland
29x the pain
NEW SONG
LOVE U TIL I DON'T
I WANNA GO WHERE THE PEOPLE GO
don't gimme your manson lamps
Cwej

Postby Cwej » 22nd Dec 06, 02:31

oh , the songs in the set not in caps , that was just gingers guitar and the audience , like geordie @ scarborough
Cwej

Postby geordierussell » 22nd Dec 06, 03:04

Fuck me, that was good.

Personally, I though Beat Union were a strange choice for main support. They didn't seem to fit with the rest of the bill. Good live band though.
http://www.tinyurl.com/gnr2010
geordierussell

Postby shockingcandy » 22nd Dec 06, 10:20

Awesome show!

New line-up sounded tight as fuck. Thought sound was great (always is at Wolves - surprised by whoever said it went off during the encore 'cause I thought new song sounded fab).

Loyalties were good, GDW were bloody brilliant. I'm afraid Beat Union came across as trying to hard to be New Wave (maybe that's cause I hate Rickenbacker guitars - I'm sorry but they are just not cool).

All in all a fine way to begin Christmas
shockingcandy

Postby Ben Wright » 22nd Dec 06, 10:58

Cheers for keeping us posted you lot.
Ben Wright

Postby shockingcandy » 22nd Dec 06, 11:00

Oh and I forgot to say big thanks to geordierussell for sorting out the GDW t-shirts - they are ace!
shockingcandy

Postby Zo » 22nd Dec 06, 11:50

gutted I missed it now.

bah!
Zo

Postby Hannah » 22nd Dec 06, 11:51

Ooh, it was fantastic!

Covered with bruises and have a lot of explaining to do to my physiotherapsist today, but it was all worth it!

Now, that DVD had better go ahead, because I was front centre... :D

xxx

PS. Lovely to catch up with old friends and meet some new ones.
Hannah

Postby kitescreech » 22nd Dec 06, 12:08

I have in front of me, courtesy of Mrs. Kite's blagging powers, the set list.
Cwej's setlist is on the money, for the new song it says :

Inner City
Zeen Requiem

The backdrop was sort of city like - the album title ? Requiem seems a reasonable title for the song considering its subject. I cant really remeber how it went but it started a bit chuggy as Cwej said. I liked it, Im sure it'll be a singalong song when we know the words.

The Loyalties were excellent, GDW were entertaining, Beat Union were shit - if I want mod music ill listen to The Jam. Odd choice. And did anyone else think the bass player in BU was in the wrong band ?

Hannah, how's Dans hand ?

Wildies were superb, Scott seemed comfortable and everyone (on and off stage ) seemed to have a great time. Shame it was so damn cold outtside.
"Today is different and tomorow the same"
kitescreech

Postby Hannah » 22nd Dec 06, 12:18

Oh, it's okay this morning - bit battered but that's all. Also, if the guy whose hair he set fire to is on here, we're very sorry!

Forgot to say how ace the Loyalties were - the 3 Yo Yo's songs they played were Omega Male, Tattoos Don't Last Forever and Stockholm City Blues. And I was really impressed with how well Scott fitted in. Despite my reservations before, I couldn't pick a fault with him at all.

xxx
Hannah

Postby Cwej » 22nd Dec 06, 12:38

the backdrop was one they used on the tour with amen , it's meant to be the city from the 'so into you video'/ cover of 'must be destroyed'

the BU played with the WH @ scarborough when they were still shortcut to newark , they were ok then but way better last night . only found out t'other week ade was playing bass for them . i gotta decalre an intrest tho cos i know ade and luke from a ways back and i am always biased towards my friends :P
Cwej

Postby Col » 22nd Dec 06, 13:09

Shortcut to Newark supported Therapy? last time I saw them.
EDIT
I tell a porkie, it was Backyard Babies.
Last edited by Col on 22nd Dec 06, 23:23, edited 1 time in total.
Col

Next

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat