wolves!!!

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

Postby Ean » 22nd Dec 06, 13:12

It was cool to see people and put faces to names (Keith Richard - totally not who I thought he was :? . We were stood pretty much together at Scarborough but I somehow mixed him up with another guy stood with us).

Great to see so many make it to the pub earlier too. :oops:

All ire and spleen-venting should obviously be aimed in the direction of Ada-v for suggesting it in the first place (MAJOR :wink:), and I maintain that it's not my fault that I did actually know that it's not the Firkin any more and that I've been there (and been thrown out of there for wearing trainers) since it became a weird posh place 'cos I was pished at the time. So, sorry about that. :(

Bands were great though. Didn't see any of Beat Onion though 'cos I went to the bar and got talking to Andy and Sam. WH were excellent - Scott works well, Ritch is officially God, the new song was pretty good and I didn't think there were any sound issues either. :D
Ean Ü

"I have to go along with all this reclusive genius stuff... she's going to be very upset when she finds out I'm a reclusive wanker."
Ean

Postby Wilddan1 » 22nd Dec 06, 13:16

The 'Random' Party woooooooohoooooooo!

Can't do right for doing wrong!!!!

Wilddan1

Postby shockingcandy » 22nd Dec 06, 13:20

The caption for this photo is "spot the short guy"
shockingcandy

Postby Hannah » 22nd Dec 06, 13:28

shockingcandy wrote:The caption for this photo is "spot the short guy"

And you were wearing platforms! :P

xxx
Hannah

Postby shockingcandy » 22nd Dec 06, 13:35

Hannah wrote:
And you were wearing platforms! :P

xxx

Shhhh! Quiet you! ;)
shockingcandy

Postby SteveP » 22nd Dec 06, 13:36

Wilddan1 wrote:The 'Random' Party woooooooohoooooooo!

Come on then, let's have a name check, who are these lucky men with their Ltd edition shirts on (mine arrived this morning!!!! :lol: :lol:) for id purposes of course!!!!! :lol:
23 Pictures In A Tent....

'The bus is gannin fuckin neewhere'
SteveP

Postby SuperJake » 22nd Dec 06, 14:04

Wildhearts were AMAZING. First one WH gig I've been too, and it's the best gig I've ever been too. was truley phenominal. GDW's were great too :D. Can't wait for the DVD, being right at the front, I'm hoping to get a few shots in there :lol:. Was really good, well worth it.
Ears are still ringing...
SuperJake

Postby neiljunkster » 22nd Dec 06, 14:15

Anyone get any good photos? If so would you be so kind as to put em up on here??
neiljunkster

Postby kris » 22nd Dec 06, 16:21

Tremendous,What else can i say lol.

Loyalties or whatever they were called were boring,
GDW's were fantastic,
and Beat union were very good live

8)
kris

Postby fluffygrue » 22nd Dec 06, 16:54

Bloody hell, that was good. Mind, I'm aching like hell now.. Really liked the new song. I thought the sound quality was superb throughout, though Ginger's singing went a bit quiet when he popped an ear-plug in. Setlist also seemed oddly similar to my first ever WH gig in '96! With a bit of added singalong silliness, admittedly.

Support.. Loyalties were pleasant enough, GDW were pretty entertaining and the final song was superb, Beat Union weren't my thing.

I'm also glad there was a good reason we couldn't find the pub! Thought we were just being lame. Settled for a quick Pizza Hut visit instead. :)

Wheee.. Bring on the new album/tour. :D
fluffygrue

Postby Nickinvincible » 22nd Dec 06, 17:35

thought the main set was amazing, they focussed very much on the harder, heavier stuff and it was really tight...by the end of the opening tv tan/caffeine bomb/vanilla radio i was gasping for air but they kept it up. was pretty much the setlist from the 'wildhearts strike back' tour. my only complaint in the main set was playing OCD and everlone back to back, i think they are pretty similar...but a minor quibble...

the encore was weird, the singalongaginga bit was ace (although i prefer 20x the pain electric and really fast), i thought the new song was wicked but it really seemed to take the momentum out of the set, the last two songs seemed a bit flat to me - love u til i dont especially, what happened to the sound on that??? i have a vague memory that cj's guitar gave out at the start of it but still, it didn't sound very good all the way through.

the new song was pretty cool, the man just cannot write a bad song. reminded me a bit more of something off VDC than previous wildies stuff, but hey ho its all good. sounds like next year is gonna be a pretty busy year for mr ginger!!! loving the Xmas shirts, i'm soooo wearing it on xmas day at my mums!

thought we might get a christmas cover version or something thrown in but i can live without that, what a wicked gig and worth travelling through the fog for!!! bring on 2007!!!!
Nickinvincible

Postby AndyRoo » 22nd Dec 06, 18:00

Think we're in the minority, but the crowd I was with were bored senseless by Random's show... very weak songs and apart from a bit of swearing at the crowd there was nothing to pay attention too - lifeless songs, lifeless show. If Random hadn't been in The Wildies and there wasn't a certain Geordie playing bass for them live, I doubt they'd even be mentioned on this site. Sorry people, but it's true!

Thought the Loyalties were good but sounded somewhat dated and Beat Union were awful.

Still, didn't pay or travel to see any of them, so who cares?!

The Wildies were awesome, Rich remains the best drummer they've had, Scott is an excellent replacement for Danny.

The new song had all sorts of sound trouble but as it got going you could tell there's big singalong bits, hard to judge on first listening but the signs of things to come is good!

It's interesting though that once again the set concentrated on the early material, wonder if that's because Ginger and Co prefer them or they think the crowd do?
AndyRoo

Postby kitescreech » 22nd Dec 06, 18:42

Think we're in the minority, but the crowd I was with were bored senseless by Random's show... very weak songs and apart from a bit of swearing at the crowd there was nothing to pay attention too - lifeless songs, lifeless show. If Random hadn't been in The Wildies and there wasn't a certain Geordie playing bass for them live, I doubt they'd even be mentioned on this site. Sorry people, but it's true!

Yeah I know what you mean. Random was fun to watch (very "Cardiacs" in style, swearing and doing kiddy voices etc) I thought, but the songs all ran together. He co-wrote LTD didnt he ? Which I just DO NOT get. I think the Wildheart conection helps a lot. Were loyal fuckers.
"Today is different and tomorow the same"
kitescreech

Postby Keith Richard » 22nd Dec 06, 18:53

Wilddan1 wrote:The 'Random' Party woooooooohoooooooo!

Fuckin 'ell, that was a brilliant night of rock n roll lunacy and mayhem. The Whores were ballistic, and Random jumping over the barrier and dancing with and huggin me and bro was a near religious experience (I'm the one with facial hair, bro is the baldy man in the pic above). The Wildhearts were awesome...tighter than a ducks arse, and clearly enjoying themselves. Scott fits in a treat. Set list was a wee bit dissapointing....when's Ginger gonna dust off the likes of Idiot Mirror, All Fire Up, Shandy Bang and maybe bring back Action Panzer? Still, these are minor observations. Cant remember what the noo song was called, but I thought it rocked like a MF.....quite P.H.U.Qy. Every inch of my ageing body is aching today...especially my rib cage which was pushed firmly onto the barrier courtesy of the 1000 or so behind. It was great to finally meet up with so many folks from here and the LiST....great bunch of guys and gals!! I'm now hoping that this arsed up weather allows me to get back home and spend christmas with wifey.

See yous all next year for the tour!!!

Merry Xmess to all.
cause the chances are good that it wont let you down, like maybe drinking with Keith, or seeing Dolly Parton's tits...
Keith Richard

Postby Keith Richard » 22nd Dec 06, 22:08

As an addendum to my above post, thanks muchly to geordierussell for having the shirts printed. They're awesome! I just released that looking at mine in the clear light of day, Random's red make up is smeared all over the upper half from when he decided that it was more fun to be in the crowd with me and bro than it was on stage. I think I may have this framed and hung.......can't bring myself to wash it.
cause the chances are good that it wont let you down, like maybe drinking with Keith, or seeing Dolly Parton's tits...
Keith Richard

PreviousNext

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat