wolves!!!

Albums, singles, songs and general Wildhearts banter

Postby Hannah » 22nd Dec 06, 22:30

Oh, how proud of myself am I now... just spent the day in A and E - apparently I should have been there days ago! Yet still I managed the entire gig down the front.

All worth it in the name of rock 'n' roll!

xxx
Hannah

Postby Cwej » 22nd Dec 06, 22:58

gotta say ,. i was glad ' i wanna go ' didn't open , it works great right at the end . i've just got back into that song ass i was kinda fatigued by it/overlooking it as its been at the front and out the way so often - i know ginggers been a little tired of it in the past , but it works a lot better in the encore

hope yr ok hannah !

and there too many tall wh fans . or at least too many tall ones @ that gig !
don't gimme your manson lamps
Cwej

Postby Damian » 22nd Dec 06, 23:56

Wow. THAT was a gig! I was a bit drunk by the end of it though, so apologies to those who I met for drinks in the Novotel afterwards because I talked a lot, and probably over other people as well. Still, I got the hangover I deserved! Left the hotel at midday exactly (i.e. the latest checkout time).

The Loyalties were good - surprised how much Yo-Yos stuff got played but fair enough, God Damn Whores were legendary (and that's not a loyalty thing as someone suggesting - I genuinely think they're brilliant and I love the album), Beat Union were actually really good and I don't see how people thought they didn't fit in. Pity The Wildhearts were crap.

Just kidding! One of the best shows I've ever seen them do - CJ posing, Ginger sounding like a proud Dad when he told us how good the new Wildhearts album is and the song... well, ironically given previous comments, it sounded a lot like 3 Colours Red! Which is fine by me.

I thought that was a nice little speech by Ginger before the new song - saying about how it's unfair that good people go before their time, and we should all realise how lucky we were by the very fact we were in that room and having fun.

Next year, then! (Can't make the January tour though)
Damian

Postby Nickinvincible » 23rd Dec 06, 00:57

Cwej wrote:gotta say ,. i was glad ' i wanna go ' didn't open , it works great right at the end . i've just got back into that song ass i was kinda fatigued by it/overlooking it as its been at the front and out the way so often - i know ginggers been a little tired of it in the past , but it works a lot better in the encore

definitely agree that it works better later in the set...the rush i got when i heard loveshit opening the 'fans chosen' setlist was triple the feeling that i get when i hear the i wanna go intro or the greetings riff as an opener...just adding that bit of mystery is wicked. probably prefer love u/getting it/29 X as a closer maybe....

and...heard someone saying way up the thread that it would br great to hear action panzer sometime, YES!!!!! action panzer is such a wicked song....a setlist that incorporated some of the stuff that is 'not totally obscure but nevertheless overlooked' would be great....action panzer, stormy, woah shit you got through, just in lust, nexus icon...........anthem :lol:
Nickinvincible

Postby MadCatWoman » 23rd Dec 06, 01:00

:D I managed to get a couple of pics while being squashed against the barrier before my bag bit the dust and I chucked it and my camera over the front!

MadCatWoman

Postby shockingcandy » 23rd Dec 06, 01:27

SteveP wrote:Come on then, let's have a name check, who are these lucky men with their Ltd edition shirts on (mine arrived this morning!!!! :lol: :lol:) for id purposes of course!!!!! :lol:

The short guy, that be me (yes, even with platforms!)
shockingcandy

Postby shockingcandy » 23rd Dec 06, 01:35

Hannah wrote:Oh, how proud of myself am I now... just spent the day in A and E - apparently I should have been there days ago! Yet still I managed the entire gig down the front.

All worth it in the name of rock 'n' roll!

xxx

Fuckin' Hell! Hope the Wildhearts appreciate what you had to go through! How many bands would get that kinda of dedication? (well maybe AP)
shockingcandy

Postby shockingcandy » 23rd Dec 06, 01:42

Damian wrote: God Damn Whores were legendary (and that's not a loyalty thing as someone suggesting - I genuinely think they're brilliant and I love the album)

Too right! OK, so maybe they got a bit of a head start because of the WH / Cardiacs link (that's just how the music biz is) BUT Jon is a fuckin' star in his own right, totally compellibg live I'm sure you'd agree, AND the songs are totally infectious!
shockingcandy

Postby ada-v » 23rd Dec 06, 04:42

well, what can i say to add to whats been said already???

nothing at all. lol

ithought the support was great (although thinking back that may have been something due to the copious amounts of alcohol i had consumed by the time BU came onstage. lol)

WH were fantastic,

so, just a shout out to the people i met (not 1 arsehole i the whole place, imho) especially a guy called ben and his mate (very cool) nd a very goo looking laydee with some really gorgeous INK work all round her shoulders/upper back/biceps (still cant get her outta my mind. lol).

and you ladies who refused the lift, damn shame. lol.
i guarentee you would have got on the DVD. :p

and to anyone who bumped into me/was bumped into by me, WHAT A GREAT NIGHT AND IM STILL SORE ALL OVER!!!!

love and respect to all in attendance.

see you again next year!

ADE

(big fella with a pink mohican, orange 'holland/van nistolroy' t-shirt and a goatee)
say hi if you kinda recognise me. lol
aint no party like an s club party.

yeah right! lmao
ada-v

Postby Ady » 23rd Dec 06, 10:35

Hearing you all excited about the gig has made me even more depressed, just got back online this morning after moving, buggered up my knee while moving, and the strain of moving in itself made us both to tired to be up for the gig, if it was closer we probably would have gone. Gutted. But new material huh? That's something to get excited about.
Life has teeth, and bites the feeding open hand.

http://www.twitter.com/adycolclough
Ady

Postby greggy » 23rd Dec 06, 11:53

Sounds like a great gig.

Wish I had been there - like so many others.

Thanks for the reports, and where can we get those t-shirts?

word
The Wildhearts - my drug of choice.
greggy

Postby Piedude » 23rd Dec 06, 13:22

I hope this new promo video they filmed isnt another one thats 95%+ live footage (Suckerpunch, Nothing ever changes but the shoes, vanilla radio, Sonic shake, Yeah Yeah Yeah...) Theres other ways of making promos on the cheap Im sure....
Piedude

Postby Trudi » 23rd Dec 06, 14:56

Shedloads of photos to go through but here are a few:

Trudi

Postby geordierussell » 23rd Dec 06, 15:11

Brilliant Trudi, thanks
http://www.tinyurl.com/gnr2010
geordierussell

Postby Arm Squirrel » 23rd Dec 06, 17:13

Can we have some more Wildhearts band pictures? I want to see what Scott looks like!
Can't wait for the DVD and a proper Wildhearts tour.
Arm Squirrel

PreviousNext

Return to Wildhearts Music and General Chat